Nobody's PCX

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: Nobody's PCX

Post by maddiedog »

Pcxdemon wrote:Nobody this is how it should go with right weights in the vario..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig_tqwh85oM

Cheers
Wow, that's almost 80. Is most of that boost from the cam or from the variator, or both?

I wouldn't imagine the exhaust makes much difference, exhausts on a 4-stroke matter much less than a 2-stroke.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

120kph = 74.5mph which isn't "almost 80", given the error built in to the speedo (typically 8%) its really "almost 70"
That's a lot of fannying around for an extra 6 mph...
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:120kph = 74.5mph which isn't "almost 80", given the error built in to the speedo (typically 8%) its really "almost 70"
Well done! :| 120kmh is 74.5mph ,however in the script below the video says 127kmh with unworn/newish belt so thats what he meant almost 80mph ,im pretty sure...

Anyway lets assume top speed IS (but its not) 70 GPS mph (72.3mph actual) ,that is still way over what you get with yours. What do you get,pushing 60mph on the speedo? So take your 8% and youre only getting 55mph GPS maybe less...Also by the time you reach you 50mph GPS i will be pushing 70mph GPS leaving you in cloud of dust. So that 'lot of fannying around' is WELL worth it in my opinion. Sure beats wasting your Pcx in to a trade and with several extra grand of quid upgrading to something 'bigger' with similar performance. :roll:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:120kph = 74.5mph which isn't "almost 80", given the error built in to the speedo (typically 8%) its really "almost 70"

I achieve that easily by always riding downhill.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Pcxdemon wrote:
Well done! :| 120kmh is 74.5mph ,however in the script below the video says 127kmh with unworn/newish belt so thats what he meant almost 80mph ,im pretty sure...

Anyway lets assume top speed IS (but its not) 70 GPS mph (72.3mph actual) ,that is still way over what you get with yours. What do you get,pushing 60mph on the speedo? So take your 8% and youre only getting 55mph GPS maybe less...Also by the time you reach you 50mph GPS i will be pushing 70mph GPS leaving you in cloud of dust. So that 'lot of fannying around' is WELL worth it in my opinion. Sure beats wasting your Pcx in to a trade and with several extra grand of quid upgrading to something 'bigger' with similar performance. :roll:
Forgot to mention,when youre doing MAX 55mph WOT bouncing of the limiter, trashing your little motor i am cruising same speed with 1/3 to 1/2 throttle 2000rpm less!! So its not just about extra top speed.... :roll:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Pcxdemon wrote:however in the script below the video says 127kmh with unworn/newish belt so thats what he meant almost 80mph ,im pretty sure...
Those numbers are correct, but the evidence is absent.
Anyone can post anything on the internet, doesn't mean its all true.

Back to the numbers, with a new belt fitted mine will do the designed maximum of 62.5mph.
IF the 127kph (speedo) claim is correct, factoring in the speedo error, that means a real world top speed of about 72.5mph or to put it in context, no better than most 125 maxi-scooters.

So lets look at my situation.
I have a two year old PCX125 with 12,500 miles on the clock.
It is worth about £1400 absolute tops on a good day with the wind behind it.
To make it go as fast as say, an X-max 125, I would need to tear my PCX to bits, fit £500-800 or so in new parts and rebuild it.
Adding the parts would mean no increase to the resale value (it would probably reduce it) and it would significantly increase the insurance costs.
So there is just no way I would ever consider those modifications when I could just sell the PCX and buy a used X-Max.
That way for the same money I would get the increased performance and a much higher spec scooter.

By all means continue your juvenile talk of leaving me in the dust, but remember the one about the old bull and the young bull.
Young bull says "I feel like running up the hill and shagging some of those cows in the upper pasture"
Old bull says "no lad, that's not the way, walk up and shag them all"
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

But some people modify their bikes as part of the ownership experience, and thats just as valid as those that don't.

I just think keep re-iterating your view at every possible opportunity doesn't help. We kind of know what it is now, let them get on with it
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Its their bullshit false claims that piss me off.
Maybe telling porkies is all part of the experience.
Did I ever mention that my well sorted fizzy could hit 70?
:cough:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Its their bullshit false claims that piss me off.
Maybe telling porkies is all part of the experience.
Did I ever mention that my well sorted fizzy could hit 70?
:cough:
See we all did it. I was lying when I said mine did 50. Mind you mine was a candy gold SSIE. A sixteener special :)
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

gn2 wrote:
Pcxdemon wrote:however in the script below the video says 127kmh with unworn/newish belt so thats what he meant almost 80mph ,im pretty sure...
Those numbers are correct, but the evidence is absent.
Anyone can post anything on the internet, doesn't mean its all true.

Back to the numbers, with a new belt fitted mine will do the designed maximum of 62.5mph.
IF the 127kph (speedo) claim is correct, factoring in the speedo error, that means a real world top speed of about 72.5mph or to put it in context, no better than most 125 maxi-scooters.

So lets look at my situation.
I have a two year old PCX125 with 12,500 miles on the clock.
It is worth about £1400 absolute tops on a good day with the wind behind it.
To make it go as fast as say, an X-max 125, I would need to tear my PCX to bits, fit £500-800 or so in new parts and rebuild it.
Adding the parts would mean no increase to the resale value (it would probably reduce it) and it would significantly increase the insurance costs.
So there is just no way I would ever consider those modifications when I could just sell the PCX and buy a used X-Max.
That way for the same money I would get the increased performance and a much higher spec scooter.

By all means continue your juvenile talk of leaving me in the dust, but remember the one about the old bull and the young bull.
Young bull says "I feel like running up the hill and shagging some of those cows in the upper pasture"
Old bull says "no lad, that's not the way, walk up and shag them all"
X-max is not that fast....certainly not faster than my Pcx,and one doesnt need to spend 800 quid to make it as 'fast' as x-max. If you say you know all about tuning BUT WE HAVE NO EVIDENCE TO PROVE OTHERWISE OF THAT, its all empty talk as far as we know 'you' are telling porkies and you have no idea about modifying a scooter let alone telling everyone else your expert opinion. It actually only takes 400 quid to unleash a potential of the stock PCX without affecting adverse fuel economy OR reliability. You say you can do 62.5mph with new belt,well thats only 55?mph GPS with 20+seconds to get there, I have a video that shows it can be done to 70mph GPS with only 12-13 seconds it takes to get there. So in the world of scooters 125cc kind and + that is a massive achievement in increase in performance and all obtained for 400 quid without needing a MASSIVE rebuild of any kind. Just an hour of your expert technical skills or knowledge needed which so far im leaning to believe you lack.

Oh and the comment about the bull and all..,well,if you like SLOPY SECONDS,then by all means be my guest and take your time getting there,i just hope you like to give foreplay and go down first... :lol: :lol:
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Maddie i think this drama and bull should be removed from Nobody's tread as this could just go on forever here...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Pcxdemon wrote:X-max is not that fast....certainly not faster than my Pcx,and one doesnt need to spend 800 quid to make it as 'fast' as x-max.

Standard X-max 125 has 15bhp and a top speed of 73mph.
Pcxdemon wrote:If you say you know all about tuning BUT WE HAVE NO EVIDENCE TO PROVE OTHERWISE OF THAT
No evidence required, I have never made any such claim.
I do know what is possible and what is bullshit though.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

PCXdemon, I can move this thread to "Performance" then remove the posts if Nobody consents. I am still staying out of moderation in the other forums unless I absolutely have to. We don't want this place to become communist Russia. ;)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

maddiedog wrote:PCXdemon, I can move this thread to "Performance" then remove the posts if Nobody consents. I am still staying out of moderation in the other forums unless I absolutely have to. We don't want this place to become communist Russia. ;)
Nah, just leave it here as is doesn't worry me in the slightest - I will just add on here at the end when I get some actual time to do something on my PCX. Otherwise you will have to start moderating all over the place and that is no fun. I like PCXdemon's point of view (gn2 also, sometimes) and it would be a shame for their banter to disappear.

Maybe it can just continue here guys: http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=626

Nobody...