iPhone X

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

iPhone X

Post by homie »

Every now and then a product takes a giant leap forward, the iPhone X is that time.

Facial recognition with attention awareness feature makes all the difference in the world over the little things that irritated you with previous versions. It's more than just easy access and the lack of pass codes its automatic volume control and the phones awareness you and you alone are looking at it. As long as your pupils (not just your face) are paying attention to the screen the phone makes your experience much better... especially if your of a certain age.

You will notice several really cool things face ID incorporates itself into like ring volume. As soon as you look at the phone or if you are looking at the phone when a call comes in volumes drop. Power savers won't activate when reading anything and more!

Don't be put off by people not yet owning an iPhone X telling you the wife will use it to spy when you're sleeping or dead. The software knows if alive or dead and if eyes are open or closed. It's not going to unlock for anyone else but your live face and eyes. You can hold it right in front of your face but if you don't make eye contact... it won't unlock. The only way I can think anyone could gain access is to pickpocket and then get you to look at your phone within 2 feet of your face. If anyone shows you a phone to your face like that... it might be yours. Draw your weapon and take it back :lol:

PS: the plus isn't out yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pF5bV6bFOU
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Re: iPhone X

Post by homie »

Oh yeah, (natural gestures) you won't miss the button after 10 minutes, see I've already forgot about it today :D Plus you'll enjoy the extra inch of screen for a phone that's basically the same size as the one you have now. iPhone 10 is clearly user friendly beyond anything Apple has done so far... ENJOY!

Anyone want my unlocked 6s let me know.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I still won't spend $1,000 on a phone. Yes, Apple makes some nice phones, but so do other manufacturers. Their phones may or may not follow Apple and try to make life simpler. It doesn't mean that their phones aren't as expensive. They are. However, when you spend that kind of money on any item you spend a lot of your time worrying about that item as well. I just can't see spending more than necessary for a modern cell phone.

My wife has a Samsung Galaxy S6 that she purchased new when they first came out. It doesn't do much more than my less expensive Samsung J7, except hers costs 3 times as much.

But to each their own.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Random.....
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Mel46 wrote:I still won't spend $1,000 on a phone. Yes, Apple makes some nice phones, but so do other manufacturers. Their phones may or may not follow Apple and try to make life simpler. It doesn't mean that their phones aren't as expensive. They are. However, when you spend that kind of money on any item you spend a lot of your time worrying about that item as well. I just can't see spending more than necessary for a modern cell phone.

My wife has a Samsung Galaxy S6 that she purchased new when they first came out. It doesn't do much more than my less expensive Samsung J7, except hers costs 3 times as much.

But to each their own.
X2
Wait a little longer and they are coming out with foldable phone.. HTC.. and others brands as well. Keeping up with the tech is the game they want you to play.. $$$$$
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

I've had the iPhone X since the beginning, and I don't think I'd upgrade again. The Face ID is nice but I don't see it as a dealbreaker, virtually no other function has changed and is better than my iPhone 7+ that I traded in, on the update program. Unless I see a game changer feature in technology, I won't go for the iPhone X replacement.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

iPhone's of the future will not have a main home screen button... I'm just saying :) If your contracts are expiring you might as well step it up to what's inevitably never going back with Apple. Here are the very basic gestures that you will need to learn and I'm betting you geriatrics will have this down before you leave the store so don't be afraid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ3mGBx ... e=youtu.be
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Wouldn't want an iPhone unless it came with an unlimited number of blowjobs for life.
Even then I would leave it at home in a drawer.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

One step closer to "Minority Report" technology. The world goes viral on preemptive law. . .get them before they get you. Scary sometimes. Better to tune out and listen to the birds and when the "Wind Cries Mary". 8)

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

X2
Wait a little longer and they are coming out with foldable phone.. HTC.. and others brands as well. Keeping up with the tech is the game they want you to play.. $$$$$
Sounds like being on a treadmill. . .or maybe not. Living Big and Large. . .. :lol:

Welcome to the future! :o o_O :lol: ;)
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

Android had facial recognition, and knew when you were looking at the screen, a number of years ago. Of course apPle slaves won't know this because they're programmed to be unable to touch any other phone.

In our house we just buy the latest Moto G for about £160 and save ourselves millions of pounds.

Work gave me an iphone a couple of months ago. It's rubbish. My G5 is a way better phone.

Has Trump slapped an import tax on Chinese phones yet? What a dilemma that must be.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Mister Paul wrote:Android had facial recognition, and knew when you were looking at the screen, a number of years ago.
Sure! If you're willing to ignore the warning on android that face lock is even less secure than it's pattern lock :lol: Lots of chat about the differences on YT.
Cube
Office Minion
Office Minion
Year: 2018
Color: Dark Pearl Blue

Post by Cube »

Android vs Apple seems dangerously close to a political debate! lol
2018 Dark Pearl Blue PCX150
2007 Cyber Silver Metallic Silver Wing
2014 Glowing Red Forza 300
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

homie wrote:
Mister Paul wrote:Android had facial recognition, and knew when you were looking at the screen, a number of years ago.
Sure! If you're willing to ignore the warning on android that face lock is even less secure than it's pattern lock :lol: Lots of chat about the differences on YT.
I don't use it. It's an unnecessary gimmick that Android grew out of, yet never charged £1000 for the privilege.
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

Cube wrote:Android vs Apple seems dangerously close to a political debate! lol
It's religious!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Its against my religion to pay £1000 for a piece of chinese tat that does the same job as another piece of chinese tat costing £100 (or less)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I have a friend who came to us recently and proudly told us that he got a new phone free of charge. Then he proudly pulled his new flip phone from his pocket and showed it to us. I guess some people can get by without all of the internet, photos and real world texting that has become a standard feature these days. We just have to be careful when we send him a text now. He can't keep up with it and ends up calling us, sort of like everyone use to do before texting replaced the person to person interface we call conversation.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

gn2 wrote:Wouldn't want an iPhone unless it came with an unlimited number of blowjobs for life.
Even then I would leave it at home in a drawer.
I'm with gn2 on this one lol. I can wait until I get home to go online. Until then I prefer my (flip) phone to be as inactive as possible anyways. Best thing is its only $25 to replace if anything goes wrong including 900 'free' minutes, which for the record is about 500 minutes more than I actually use. Its a win-win!
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Prior to the iPhone I worked as an engineer. I had a BlackBerry and it served me well. Every morning when I came into work I could link it to my computer and get my schedule, updated addresses, notes and anything else I needed for the day...and sync what new items I had put on the phone while not at the office. In those days we didn't spend the day texting, watching utube videos, or taking selfies. We actually worked.

These days you have a hard time going anywhere without seeing a dozen people texting while trying to keep their attention on something more important, like driving. This is progress??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Oh my GOD! I have a business, tracking packages, fielding customers that send me images in text prior to closing a sale. Watching bank accounts, stock market, notifications from every where concerning anything from exercise to calories consumed and heart monitoring. A thousand customers following on Facebook, Twitter and other service industry websites. Craigslist, offerup, 6 email addresses by two separate providers, the weather channel, iheart radio for Limbaugh in one ear and spotify in the other.... flip phone REALLY?

Give me the most powerful cell phone on the planet and I will gladly pay whatever for it.
Must be nice to be retired :roll: