New Member from Pennsylvania

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

New Member from Pennsylvania

Post by springer1 »

I think I should have introduced myself earlier before starting to reply/ post on various topics. So thank you everyone for being accepting, I'm really glad to be here. I've been riding for @50 years, I'm now a retired guy, and am totally amazed how capable and versatile the PCX is. I've only put 500 miles on mine, typically ride @ 30-50 miles thru the countryside of SouthEast Pa.

I only taken it over 50mph for very short distances, I figure I'll wait until after the 600 mile dealer service and checkup. But, sheeezz this scooter doesn't act like 150cc in how it handles, stops, accelerates and holds speed on hills. The only change I've made is to rotate the handlebar forward so the "riser" portion is vertical which really helps the riding position; I had to then rotate the grips and lever to restore their position.

Anyways, thanks for being here, I'm enjoying the PCX and also reading the forums and archives. I appreciate any & all suggestions.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: New Member from Pennsylvania

Post by homie »

springer1 wrote:I appreciate any & all suggestions.
WELCOME! sounds like you have your bars right were I like mine too. The whole set up from the factory caters to a small build man or woman. No suggestions really, other than you riding often and getting used to the saddle she's pretty good scoot right off the line. I'm sure if you hang around here long you will see and want more. Your break in period is done, you have a service coming up at 600 miles with your dealer unless you are doing it yourself? I will suggest more if I knew the answer to that question.
ENJOY that brand new 2018 Honda PCX150 ESP (enhanced smart power).
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Welcome to our forum. My wife is from PA...State College. I would love to be able to ride through the countryside on my PCX, except for the problem of the wildlife. My wife's nephew had a motorcycle accident up there when he tangled with a wild cat of some sort, and their family has gone through multiple cars thanks to uninvited deer landing on their cars. Even those deer whistles don't seem to stop them. I could not imagine what it would be like to tangle with a deer while out on your pcx. At 45 mph, the pcx does not stop on a dime, and neither do the deer.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Welcome to forum. . ..

You've come to the right place for great information and discussion about your PCX.

I've been through PA a few times. Toured Gettysburg as well. You have some nice places to ride there. :geek:
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to the forums. The PCX certainly is a fun bike, although I found for countryside riding when I am in western New York state, I wanted something bigger than the PCX.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

hanks for the replies!
My wife's nephew had a motorcycle accident up there when he tangled with a wild cat of some sort, and their family has gone through multiple cars thanks to uninvited deer landing on their cars. Even those deer whistles don't seem to stop them. I could not imagine what it would be like to tangle with a deer while out on your pcx. At 45 mph, the pcx does not stop on a dime, and neither do the deer.
Sigh, that's so right .... one of my best friends was hit by a deer while riding and knocked sideways off his bike and had horrible continuing infections from the gravel. He wore a armored jacket but only regular jeans which didn't protect his legs and hips. Deer are a very serious concern for riders in Pa. for sure.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

springer1 wrote:I think I should have introduced myself earlier before starting to reply/ post on various topics. So thank you everyone for being accepting, I'm really glad to be here. I've been riding for @50 years, I'm now a retired guy, and am totally amazed how capable and versatile the PCX is. I've only put 500 miles on mine, typically ride @ 30-50 miles thru the countryside of SouthEast Pa.

Anyways, thanks for being here, I'm enjoying the PCX and also reading the forums and archives. I appreciate any & all suggestions.
Big welcome from Nelson, New Zealand.

I too am amazed at the PCX's versatility. One tip that might help ... behind the rider is (of course) space for a pillion passenger, and the PCX has a very strong hand-grip to their left and right. Parcels and objects of surprising size can be strapped to the bike in that area with just a couple of ratchet tiedowns (just be careful not to let any excess find their way into any moving parts). Here's a photo of one such delivery for me. Be wary of them scratching the paint under the hand-hold though.