Seat hump covers

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

xixon
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Black

Seat hump covers

Post by xixon »

being 6 ft 4" you can imagine how much I hate the seat hump on my 2013 PCX 150....so I removed it and filled the holes with two drink coasters with nut & bolt.

Needless to say this does not look good nor does it seal very well, so have done some searching for professional made covers

I found a company called "Cheeky Seats" (link below) who offer several options at a reasonable price

....has anyone purchased one of these seat covers or seen one...or any experience with these folks?

https://scooterseatcovers.net/index.php ... Path=37_54

cheers
xixon
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Seat hump covers

Post by chicaboo »

Shipped to Australia they cost the same or slightly more than a whole seat from Thailand.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Someone else recently wrote a review on them. He liked them, though some of us said what Chicago said. Check the price, including shipping to your location. Then go to powerbypcx.com which is in Thailand and check their seats as well as shipping costs. Then decide which way you want to go. I don't think you could go wrong either way.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
xixon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by xixon »

only 10 bucks to ship to Canada, so it's cheaper than the Thailand alternative in the long run, so I'm leaning towards the USA option, but still open to feedback/opinions
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

I checked into their products some months ago and emailed them to find out if they had seat covers for the newer PCX models (2014 through 2017) and the reply was not at this time. If you own an older PCX (2010-2013) then they have some nice seat covers to choose from. The older models of course had the seats with the proverbial "hump" in them that restricted a taller rider's movement and subsequently effected the overall comfort level. "Cheeky Seats" covers are made to order so you can get them to cover the stock seat or a seat with the "hump" removed. Just let them know.

The person who contacted me from "Cheeky Seats" was very helpful and noted that they were working on trying to figure out how to make a cover that would work on the seats for the newer model PCXs but hadn't come up with a design yet. The way the new seats are designed it makes it more difficult to transition smoothly over the underlying seat pan.

My first impression of their business was quite positive. . . nice people. :geek:
xixon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by xixon »

PCX150Rider wrote:I checked into their products some months ago and emailed them to find out if they had seat covers for the newer PCX models (2014 through 2017) and the reply was not at this time. If you own an older PCX (2010-2013) then they have some nice seat covers to choose from. The older models of course had the seats with the proverbial "hump" in them that restricted a taller rider's movement and subsequently effected the overall comfort level. "Cheeky Seats" covers are made to order so you can get them to cover the stock seat or a seat with the "hump" removed. Just let them know.

The person who contacted me from "Cheeky Seats" was very helpful and noted that they were working on trying to figure out how to make a cover that would work on the seats for the newer model PCXs but hadn't come up with a design yet. The way the new seats are designed it makes it more difficult to transition smoothly over the underlying seat pan.

My first impression of their business was quite positive. . . nice people. :geek:
thanks for the feedback...it sounds like a viable options
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi xixon, I did a quick search on Cheeky Seats and these threads came up. I like these covers myself, but I own a 2015. I suppose they could make seatcover's for our newer models If they had a stock seat to work with. I have one available. Hmm..
Anywho, scroll 1/2 way down this page (past the input on your thread) to read reviews & opinions on their covers:
http://www.hondapcx.org/search.phpkeywo ... mit=Search
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

My 2 cents worth: I have a Cheeky Seats cover over my stock seat on which I removed the hump much in the same way you did and it works great. I've been riding on it for about a year and it conforms to the seat beautifully and now looks nicely worn-in. Any observer would assume it's a pricey aftermarket seat and not a cover. I have the black rolled and pleated version with the red piping.

Nice folks to deal with, too. Several satisfied customers on this forum besides myself.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Great report Johnny, thanks for kicking in ;)
I'm a big fan and I don't even own one of their quality made covers. I have read so many great reports on other forums (i.e. Modern Vespa Forum, Modern Buddy Forum, etc.). I don't believe anyone would be disappointed in their workmanship.
I'm placing their website link here for easy access should you want to browse around. Make sure to click on the "Gallery" tab. Lots to See! 8) https://scooterseatcovers.net

Here's "just a few sample cover's" that caught my eye: (please note: I don't know if these cover's can be made to fit our PCX's, but it's certainly worth asking about should you fall in love :D xox )
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (29.78 KiB) Viewed 2315 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (30.63 KiB) Viewed 2315 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (49.23 KiB) Viewed 2315 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (34.88 KiB) Viewed 2315 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (35.02 KiB) Viewed 2315 times
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
xixon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by xixon »

thanks everyone for your feedback ...I feel good about these covers, just need to decide which model
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

WN, some of those covers you showed remind me of armadillos, sort of like those I came across a lot while riding in Texas! Hey, maybe they can make a seat cover out of them...a bit hard, but distinctive. :-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh God Mel, don't even go there when it comes to Armadillo's. Those varmint's! I had so many of them that would come out of the greenbelt behind my Florida home. The Mama's, The Papa's and a herd of their youngins always parading my property. Poor things, so dang homely.

Short Story (promise? :D )

A Florida Scene: I'm out back on the lawn at the well spicket rinsing my pool filter basket when I hear rustlin'. Not a good sign usually. Things are mighty quiet when you live in the woodier part of the land where all kinds of critters are lurking 'round your one and only Body.
Anyways, sure enough that rustling noise quickly turned into the sound of a mini stampede.
With the Water still running I look up. Just 20' away 6 kiddie armadillo's came charging straight for me! What the ___!
I swear they were grinning from ear to ear! I must be crazy :lol:
I ran to my pool cage and nearly ripped the screen door off its' hinge. I get inside it, look back and see the "Army" hustled around the spicket like a bunch of puppies feeding. It was the water they wanted! They had Heard it Running! They had their fill, then moseyed back to the brush from whence they came.
Lesson learned: Clean filter basket from "house spicket" only!

Later that month, I found the skull of one on the lawn in that area. I had a few Bobcat's that marked and returned to this area. Also had black bear, fox and wolves to name just a few that strolled my grounds. These kids didn't stand a chance :|

Okay, not so short. Broke me promise. :oops:

What was the topic again? SEAT COVERS! I think they're a Great idea!
DeaninMilwaukee
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by DeaninMilwaukee »

I've got this one on my 2013 https://scooterseatcovers.net/images/Ho ... ver_04.JPG

Looks great and greatly improves comfort.
ScottDR
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by ScottDR »

Sorry I am a but late to reply. Mel mentioned my recent review : http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6928

If shipping is affordable to you they have a great product!

Cheers.
ImageImageImage
2013 Black PCX 150
Mods/accessories:
Honda tall windshield, Honda top box, NCY variator and face with 13gram rollers, LED headlamps & taillight with, Backoff indicator
Kawell rectangular lights-fork, mounted
Cheeky Seats seat cover (de-humped), YSS PDC and front spring upgrade 15W fork fluid, YSS rear spring/damper upgrade-preload adjustable only, lots of reflective tape and other accessories

Previously owned:
1969 Honda K50 mini trail (first bike, still runs great and in the family)
1975 Honda CB125
1978 Yamaha DT400 (bored 2 stroke insanity)
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
PJDawgs
Color: Husker Red

Post by PJDawgs »

I know several people (non PCX) who have tried Cheeky Seats and they love them. In seeing them live they are very good quality and fit very well. I personally ordered a seat from the guy in Thailand and that seat has worked out great but I never thought to consider moving back the backrest as I am taller. I have recently considered putting stock seat back on and getting the padded Cheeky with dumb hump removed and honestly with just basic design (they can do some very elaborate designs) the cover is almost the same cost as the custom seat from Thailand.
I ordered the custom seat very early in my ownership and now regret not waiting a bit to consider how I ride. I would have not done the back rest as it didn't do much in regards to an actual backrest plus limits being able to sit back farther and stretch legs. It does however have a slightly different cut or shape in the very front I notice like when stopped and both legs down.
The stock seat has the rubber seal and when I ordered custom that was not available but noticed it is now an added option for just a little more. I like the rubber seal but even without the seal I don't get water underseat when wash. Just like as to prevent moisture when cool mornings or late evenings and seems like things now get that damp feeling.
I don't have Cheeky personally but for the cost I am considering removing the hump and then either go to a local upholstery shop to add foam to smooth and recover or even just buy some foam and recover myself???? If I do myself I would keep the stock foam and just add foam where the hump was. There is a thread on here where someone took hump off and filled foam from underneath and did a patch of some sort where the holes from bolt. I might even consider that cause I don't care if someone sees the patches cause before I bought custom I got Hai Yent cover to help with hat a$$ on hot sunny days. (http://www.mocyc-coolseat.in.th) to be honest I miss that alot!!!
Just my two bits and more!
http://www.facebook.com/Herbie2PCX
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

xixon wrote:thanks everyone for your feedback ...I feel good about these covers, just need to decide which model

Alligator skin. It's the only way to fly
xixon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by xixon »

ScottDR wrote:Sorry I am a but late to reply. Mel mentioned my recent review : http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6928

If shipping is affordable to you they have a great product!

Cheers.
i did find your pic's but thanks for the link

my PCX is the exact colour c/w the Honda trunk-box, so it gives me a really good idea on how it fits/looks.

Do you find there's enough padding to smooth out the hardness of where the bolts of the hump screwed into?

Also notice you choose the black thread....I was thinking either the red or grey but the black looks very decent.

I still debating, as I never carry a passenger and my butt typically doesn't contact the hard part, so the cheaper models may be good enough for my needs

in hind-sight...would you purchase the same model/thread-colour?

cheers
xixon
xixon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by xixon »

you you wrote:
xixon wrote:thanks everyone for your feedback ...I feel good about these covers, just need to decide which model

I was thinking more like leopard skin
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

xixon wrote:
you you wrote:

I was thinking more like leopard skin

Yay. Leopard skin :D
xixon
Regular User
Regular User

Post by xixon »

I finally ordered the PCX padded seat cover from Cheeky Seats ($95 USA) ....very friendly company to deal with, I was rather pleased with their customer service.

https://scooterseatcovers.net/index.php ... cts_id=580

I'll post a pic when I receive & install it