Electrical: Dead Battery under seat; How to open the seat?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Rogercole
Year: 2011
Color: white

Electrical: Dead Battery under seat; How to open the seat?

Post by Rogercole »

I have just purchased a 2011 Honda PCX, 125. Question. The seat and fuel door are electrically operated. The Battery is located under the seat, If the battery was to totally die; how does one get the seat lock or fuel door open?
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: Electrical: Dead Battery under seat; How to open the sea

Post by Alibally »

They are cable operated. The ignition key just has to be in the correct place.
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

Alibally wrote:They are cable operated. The ignition key just has to be in the correct place.
Sounds like a silly question, but it had me in the beginning, never thought to ask the seller lol.
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
ItBeMe
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Very dark blue

Post by ItBeMe »

Good question, never though about that. Thanks
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it!
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Just as a safety measure I would totally familiarize myself with the machine before I ventured out on it. . .at least the readily important things. Check the "Owner's Manual" and there are a lot of videos on YouTube about the PCX also.

Also consider things like "What would I do if I got a flat tire?". Bring a cell phone or spare tire in a can or something like that. . .consider all the options.

"What would I do if my battery went dead?". Make sure your battery is always in good shape. . .is it slow to start? Do I have spare fuses? You can stow an emergency set of jumper cables. . .the difficult part is getting somebody to help you.

"What would I do if I needed to leave it unattended somewhere for a while?". Stow a security lock under the seat. . .there are all different types.

Check your turn signals, headlights, and brake lights every now and then to make sure they are all working. Fluid levels are very important.

The list goes on but basically get to know the PCX . . . it's a good scooter and can save you a lot of money on fuel if you are willing to keep it maintained IAW the manufacturer's requirements.

I'll be getting one later this year but am building on my motorcycle riding experience to understand it's characteristics and what I'll need to know. This forum is a great resource. . .
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Here is a question that few ask but should. "What would I do if I locked my keys under my seat?" It has happened to a few members already. My wife did that with hers. Luckily I carry her spare key and she carries mine. However, many riders do not ride with a partner, so be prepared. Put the spare in your wallet, or zip tie it under a fender (carry a knife so that you can cut the zip tie or you might not be able to use this suggestion)...or bolt it/zip tie it behind the license plate.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Mel46 wrote:What would I do if I locked my keys under my seat?
It's the same as if you lost a key or FOB, I never keep both keys to any vehicle in the same place at the same time... even if it means you have to call for assistance from wife to get it. Also good to own a truck or trailer, tie downs and ramps avoiding expensive emergency pickup services.