Get on your bike and go vote!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Get on your bike and go vote!

Post by GatorGreg »

Hey all, what's going on in PCX land? I miss you guys! Anyways, here's my latest lame vid - I'm on a mission to get out the vote - I hope it doesn't violate the no politics rule if I'm just encouraging folks to vote. Anyways, the world would be a much better place if only those with a motorcycle license were allowed to vote and run for office - don't ya think? :D

2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Get on your bike and go vote!

Post by gn2 »

GatorGreg wrote:Anyways, the world would be a much better place if only those with a motorcycle license were allowed to vote and run for office - don't ya think?
Absolutely not.

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Well, since the wait is 3 hours here for the early voters, I hope it isn't that long on regular voting day. Three hours! Man, I could get in 3 good hours of riding instead of just standing there! Maybe they can save your space while you ride, and then you return the favor. Must ride, you know.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:Well, since the wait is 3 hours here for the early voters, I hope it isn't that long on regular voting day. Three hours! Man, I could get in 3 good hours of riding instead of just standing there! Maybe they can save your space while you ride, and then you return the favor. Must ride, you know.

Are you getting out on the bike now?
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

It's all good, counting on you people... my state is a lost cause

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Greg very happy you popped in! Great vid! That bike is Awesome and sounds it!! Gurrr-owl

Just be careful being the hooligan squiding > Speed and Squid. I don't know about that (psst...Yes I do). You know better, this I know. Just stay verticle and off the tarmac/ground Please.

I am so friggin' jealous over the weather you're having and will continue to have the next few months!! Made for Riders, gotta be sent from above. So dang perfect!!

Anywho i gots questions....
What helmet and what camera are you using? Is the camera mounted to the side or on top? Amazing how clear Your voice is and any wind noise is minimal = great!

I also saw a camera on the left mirror stem. Which one is that? Was it running? Why two?

Too many questions? Ah well, tis me after all :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:It's all good, counting on you people... my state is a lost cause

:lol: :lol: :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

P.S. I'm pretty sure that red muscle car that passed you was a Plymouth GTX/Roadrunner.
Back in the day, Many a great exhausts were heard. 4 Barrels. They were the real deal!
The world rumbled. I write with enthusiasm....Loved It!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (47.42 KiB) Viewed 3599 times
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

homie that pooch in the second vid has "cha-cha-ch-ants" in his pants :lol: amazing. The poor thing got tired so the boss cracked the whip and said..."no mighty dog" tills ya finish. Bite the boss! :D
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

GatorGreg wrote:Hey all, what's going on in PCX land? I miss you guys! Anyways, here's my latest lame vid - I'm on a mission to get out the vote - I hope it doesn't violate the no politics rule if I'm just encouraging folks to vote. Anyways, the world would be a much better place if only those with a motorcycle license were allowed to vote and run for office - don't ya think? :D
I voted two weeks ago. I looked over the candidates, picked the best man, and went over and voted for her.
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by flyingzonker »

[quote="GatorGreg" Anyways, the world would be a much better place if only those with a motorcycle license were allowed to vote and run for office - don't ya think? :D

[/quote]

Hell no!
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by flyingzonker »

BTW, did you know road rash can be fatal?
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hi Greg very happy you popped in! Great vid! That bike is Awesome and sounds it!! Gurrr-owl

Just be careful being the hooligan squiding > Speed and Squid. I don't know about that (psst...Yes I do). You know better, this I know. Just stay verticle and off the tarmac/ground Please.

I am so friggin' jealous over the weather you're having and will continue to have the next few months!! Made for Riders, gotta be sent from above. So dang perfect!!

What helmet and what camera are you using? Is the camera mounted to the side or on top? Amazing how clear Your voice is and any wind noise is minimal = great!

I also saw a camera on the left mirror stem. Which one is that? Was it running? Why two?

Thanks WN! I thought that might have been a Road Runner - it was a nice car! Sorry for setting the bad squidden' example - you'd think I'd know better after watching Homie's list grow and grow and grow - yikes!

As for helmets, I usually wear an HJC Iron Man helmet, but I still use my old GMax helmet for motovlogging - camera is a GoPro Hero3+. I have the GoPro mount stuck to the chin bar - you can see the camera location at the very beginning and end of my voting video above when I'm looking in the mirror.

Because of the curvature of the chin bar, I'd say only about 75% of the stickum of the mount is in contact with the helmet but it's so strong a bond that I've never had a problem with it even at triple digit speeds. I think the chin bar position gives the most realistic perspective because it's centered and just slightly below eye level. I use the "frame" attachment for the GoPro so I can have the external mic adaptor plugged into the GoPro and I have a mic wired into the helmet sitting within a couple inches of my mouth - which is why I sound like such a heavy breather at times - lol.

The "camera" on the left mirror stem is actually the same LED flasher I used to have on my PCX for extra visibility for cagers - I think it helps a lot - see this vid for more details:

Last edited by GatorGreg on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

homie wrote:It's all good, counting on you people... my state is a lost cause

LMAO Homie - where do you find this stuff :lol:
eggman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by eggman »

its like picking what cancer to get
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by flyingzonker »

eggman wrote:its like picking what cancer to get
Not quite. The candidates are not commensurate. It's not even apples and oranges. Vote for one and at least you'll have a chance in 4 years to vote for someone else. If the other gets in, the next election will be "indefinitely postponed" because the government "has discovered a conspiracy to rig it."

As the feller once said: O tempora, O mores!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

GatorGreg wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Hi Greg very happy you popped in! Great vid! That bike is Awesome and sounds it!! Gurrr-owl

Thanks WN! I thought that might have been a Road Runner - it was a nice car! Sorry for setting the bad squidden' example - you'd think I'd know better after watching Homie's list grow and grow and grow - yikes!

As for helmets, I usually wear an HJC Iron Man helmet, but I still use my old GMax helmet for motovlogging - camera is a GoPro Hero3+. I have the GoPro mount stuck to the chin bar - you can see the camera location at the very beginning and end of my voting video above when I'm looking in the mirror.

Because of the curvature of the chin bar, I'd say only about 75% of the stickum of the mount is in contact with the helmet but it's so strong a bond that I've never had a problem with it even at triple digit speeds. I think the chin bar position gives the most realistic perspective because it's centered and just slightly below eye level. I use the "frame" attachment for the GoPro so I can have the external mic adaptor plugged into the GoPro and I have a mic wired into the helmet sitting within a couple inches of my mouth - which is why I sound like such a heavy breather at times - lol.

The "camera" on the left mirror stem is actually the same LED flasher I used to have on my PCX for extra visibility for cagers - I think it helps a lot - see this vid for more details:

Thanks Greg for all this great info. I'm bookmarking this page!! Keep bringing those vids. I've told you once before...you've got the proper vid voice :P Cheers! Now get dressed!! :D
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

GatorGreg wrote: LMAO Homie
Just got back from early voting, 45 minute line wasn't too bad.
I going to miss all them chihuahua's :roll:
eggman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by eggman »

they made me leave scooter in parking lot
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

homie wrote:
GatorGreg wrote: LMAO Homie
Just got back from early voting, 45 minute line wasn't too bad.
I going to miss all them chihuahua's :roll:
Who will pick the lettuce ?? LOL