Bad Smash Up Belmont

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Bad Smash Up Belmont

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Note: Did not involve me! yesterday as normal all the bikes was around Belmont for a lovely Sunday ride, with loads of photo opportunities, while at Rivington Barn (Higher) rescue helicopters were sighted, the end result turning out to be the worst nightmare, two bikes had hit head on, one carrying a pillion rider who was the victim of another rider crossing onto their side of the road on a blind corner due to an assumption of too much speed for the corner. Everyone survived, the rider who crossed the road and caused the incident has multiple fractures and the victim's various injuries with the rider having to learn to walk again but should ride again in the future.

It was a close personal reminder of we are not immortal, and no matter how careful you are, it only takes one person to make a miscalculation and it's all over.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546727898884060/
aka DrewJW
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Re: Bad Smash Up Belmont

Post by alx123 »

A good idea to avoid routes frequent by riding clubs and speed demons. But then again, no matter how safe you ride and which route you choose, there will always be reckless other riders.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Its these part time biker sunny Sunday afternoon power ranger types who drive our insurance premiums up.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

The sky is falling!

What's wrong with you lot recently.
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

DrewJW wrote:Note: Did not involve me! yesterday as normal all the bikes was around Belmont for a lovely Sunday ride, with loads of photo opportunities, while at Rivington Barn (Higher) rescue helicopters were sighted, the end result turning out to be the worst nightmare, two bikes had hit head on, one carrying a pillion rider who was the victim of another rider crossing onto their side of the road on a blind corner due to an assumption of too much speed for the corner. Everyone survived, the rider who crossed the road and caused the incident has multiple fractures and the victim's various injuries with the rider having to learn to walk again but should ride again in the future.

It was a close personal reminder of we are not immortal, and no matter how careful you are, it only takes one person to make a miscalculation and it's all over.

There is a white PCX in the photo collection, is that you?
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Why don't we all talk about flourescent clothing and I'll make you all a lovely cup of hot chocolate.

Who wants marshmallows?
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

DAB wrote:
DrewJW wrote:Note: Did not involve me! yesterday as normal all the bikes was around Belmont for a lovely Sunday ride, with loads of photo opportunities, while at Rivington Barn (Higher) rescue helicopters were sighted, the end result turning out to be the worst nightmare, two bikes had hit head on, one carrying a pillion rider who was the victim of another rider crossing onto their side of the road on a blind corner due to an assumption of too much speed for the corner. Everyone survived, the rider who crossed the road and caused the incident has multiple fractures and the victim's various injuries with the rider having to learn to walk again but should ride again in the future.

There is a white PCX in the photo collection, is that you?

That would be me yes.
aka DrewJW
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

Belmont, Rivington ...Takes me back a bit, been 20 odd years since I did those rounds on a CB900. I live in Florida now but miss those days cafe racing to the next stop for another cig and a coffee
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

you you wrote:Who wants marshmallows?
Oh yes please :)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
you you wrote:Who wants marshmallows?
Oh yes please :)

:D Marshmallows are for wimps.