PCX brake knob

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Ernest
Year: 20016
Color: silver

PCX brake knob

Post by Ernest »

I have a 2016 pcx 150, I cant get the parking brake to work.I have pulled in the brake lever and pulled out the knob ..no result.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: PCX brake knob

Post by ScooteringAbout »

This is news to me, the PCX has a parking brake?
aka DrewJW
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Ernest wrote:I have a 2016 pcx 150, I cant get the parking brake to work.I have pulled in the brake lever and pulled out the knob ..no result.
Don't panic... its more of a way to be sure your rear brake is adjusted properly rather than a parking brake. My PCX P-brake needed adjustment from the dealer too and you can do it yourself in a less than a minute. Do you need a video?

You Brits don't get parking brakes, you get idle stop and hazard lights... maybe... not sure what you get but Honda thinks Americans like their P-brake. I don't know we do like it but we have it.
Last edited by homie on Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

DrewJW wrote:This is news to me, the PCX has a parking brake?
US ones do - ours don't. Waste of time according to most posts I've seen about it.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Beware many a new guy has used the parking brake and forgot to release it as there is no indicator or idiot light. This is a sure fire way to waste your brake pads because the feature is so weak your Honda will hardly slow down with it on.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Apparently it is not Honda, but US legislation which requires parking brake to be installed on scooters. Most probably the legislators were hippies from 'Frisco afraid that scooters can't be left in gear to avoid rolling off when parked. Also absence of idle stop is due to a paranoid local regulation in the states being afraid of running over at a stop light if for whatever reason the idle stop misbehaves. In a country where helmet wearing while riding is mandatory.
Rest of the world does not have such requirements. In Europe we get our PCXes on a higher price than the states, so we get al the goodies also, like tool kit, hazard lights and idle stop.

(Pun intended, this post is not to flame or hurt anyone)
Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by Ishkabibble »

I would trade hazard flashers for parking brake in a nanosecond.

What idiot would require a parking brake on a vehicle that two people can pick up and put in the back of a truck?

Hazard flashers I can see as valuable. Parking brake, no. Sounds like something a politician bought off by a corporation would legislate.
I found something to put here.
Add yourself to the PCX-Forza Owner's Map!
Go here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ULV6Ib-uKsjMpWaPzPwAXmfB7vU&usp=sharing
For instructions how to add yourself go here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6437#p88888

Be sure to add your Model, year, color, and name if your scoot has one!
Ernest
Year: 20016
Color: silver

Post by Ernest »

Thank You for the parking brake information, it is properly adjusted now.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I believe that my Burgman had both a parking brake and hazard lights. It was disappointing to see that the PCX did not have hazard lights. I have added strobe lights to mine that run directly off of the battery, but I don't think anyone would see those unless it was night time. I wonder if there is a retrofit that can be done to the turn signals to turn them into hazards.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers