New Owner Nottingham UK

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ade
Year: 2015
Color: white

New Owner Nottingham UK

Post by ade »

Hello folks, been lurking on here for a few weeks now wondering whether to trade in my (then) current bike for a PCX 125. Just traded it in last week, previous bike was a Gilera runner 125 ST.
Just hit 100 miles today and I have really been enjoying the new bike, If anyone would like a mini review, first impressions or comparison to the Gilera write up, let me know, or if thinking of getting a pcx I can give you my early honest opinions.

Planning one or two visual mods, nothing too extreme, just the usual wheel tape, mirror change etc dont want to void my warranty.

Have an Arrow exhaust on order. will post a few pics hopefully when fitted.

Cheers
Ade
Robert R
Regular User
Regular User
Year: S-wing 2014
Color: White

Re: New Owner Nottingham UK

Post by Robert R »

Welcome Ade, New member myself and finding this site friendly and informative, hope you do too :D
RTFM!!!!!!!!!!!!
ade

Post by ade »

Yes Robert It seems a very well run friendly forum.

Got myself a can of ACF50 on the back of some of the comments on here but unfortunately not had chance to apply it yet as its either been too dark or too wet. Hopefully get chance to put it on this weekend
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Welcome new guy... not to shabby that bike you have bro

I would ride that at 120 km or 75 mph and be very happy!!!
Simon0867
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: White

Post by Simon0867 »

Welcome aboard. I know what you mean about the weather, my PCX badly needs a clean down and AFC50 spray, hopefully better days coming soon.
ade

Post by ade »

The runner was a nice bike Homie, can't recommend one tho!! In the first year of owning mine the pulley blew up within the first month, literally shattered. 3 months later the head gasket went, the bike was brand new!! That got sorted and the starter motor went.

petrol cap lock stuck meaning a new cap and ignition change, engine mounts went at 4000 miles and by 5000 the dashboard corroded from the back, shorted out the electrics and killed the battery!!

Thats why ive bought a Honda !!!
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

ade wrote:The runner was a nice bike Homie, can't recommend one tho!! In the first year of owning mine the pulley blew up within the first month, literally shattered. 3 months later the head gasket went, the bike was brand new!! That got sorted and the starter motor went.

petrol cap lock stuck meaning a new cap and ignition change, engine mounts went at 4000 miles and by 5000 the dashboard corroded from the back, shorted out the electrics and killed the battery!!

Thats why ive bought a Honda !!!
WOW! a real piece of CRAP! Alrighty then we learn something today.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Bub-Bye Runner....
Hel-Lo 2015 "White" beauty PCX!!

Oh, and a big welcoming hello to You Too ade!! :P

What mirriors have you been eyeing? homie and I have some really sharp looking White and Black ones on our '15's! Wanna see 'em?

Paging homie....You still onboard? Can you show off our Magazzi's in your video? :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:Bub-Bye Runner....
Hel-Lo 2015 "White" beauty PCX!!

Oh, and a big welcoming hello to You Too ade!! :P

What mirriors have you been eyeing? homie and I have some really sharp looking White and Black ones on our '15's! Wanna see 'em?

Paging homie....You still onboard? Can you show off our Magazzi's in your video? :D
I deleted a lot of older video's. My Magazi's were recently replaced with bar-end mirrors which are way cool on PCX but I haven't had her out for the final performance review yet. Looks can only go so far and I might be putting them back on.
Attachments
100_2948.JPG
100_2948.JPG (204.6 KiB) Viewed 2803 times
100_2949.JPG
100_2949.JPG (207.26 KiB) Viewed 2803 times
ade

Post by ade »

Nice. Might go for the magazi hawk mirrors in white. I had a pair of the cnc aluminium mirrors arrive the other day but the quality was crap so im not going to bother with them i dont think