Rear tire needs replaced

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Cozmicdave
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Rear tire needs replaced

Post by Cozmicdave »

Took the Forza for a cruise and immediately noticed it riding funny. After inspecting rear tire I found a cut in the tire, don't know the cause I don't recall hitting anything. About 1200 miles on it, pissed off. At least its still holding air, and it didnt result in an accident. Been doing Google searches and I seen the 140/70/13 is hard to find. I don't want to get the same brand either as my faith in the stock one is diminished. Going to call dealer tomorrow and see what options I have. I seen some old post on this forum that said the 150/70/13 size will work. Is anybody riding the larger size and could you please share your input on performance or clearance issues? Also, what brand you chose. Will appreciate any help, thanks.
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Rear tire needs replaced

Post by AustinPCX »

I'm on my second 150/70/13 Metzeler FeelFree. Put 7300 miles on the first one after only getting 5400 on the original Dunlop. Finally took my Forza in last Saturday for the fuel pump replacement.
SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: red

Re: Rear tire needs replaced

Post by SteveP »

I recently replaced the original Dunlop Scootsmart 140/70-13 rear tire with a Dunlop Scootline SX01 150/70-13. Choose the Dunlop because I thought it would have the same profile as the original Dunlop. Cost was $99.99 from Motorcycle Superstore, including shipping. So far, after maybe 300 miles, I'm completely happy with the tire. Handling, if anything, may be slightly better with this new one, especially at parking lot speeds...maybe because this new tire still has it's round profile while the old one was worn flat across the center. The old tire had 6400 miles on it and had a trace of tread still visible across the center. The old Dunlop was made in Indonesia by PT Sumi, while this new Dunlop was made in Japan by Sumitomo.