Greetings from Slovakia !

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Max11
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Greetings from Slovakia !

Post by Max11 »

Hello, I'm new owner of red Honda PCX 125 in red colour. Bought it about a week ago. I would like to thank you all for information provided in this forum. I was reading this forum for a long time before I decided to buy PCX. I was deciding between new Forza 125 and PCX 125. PCX was the winner, because Forza 125 costs as much as a decent used full-sized bike.
As for color, it was a hard decision. Honda dealer had almost all the colors available in the shop. I was determined for red color but then I saw carbonium grey and white :) But carbonium was matte finish so I excluded that color because it is like dirt magnet and both dealer and my friends said the white is girls color (sorry white PCX owners :oops: ) and I was also afraid it would be a pain to keep it clean looking so I excluded that color as well and went for red one. I have a 2 other motorbikes at my garage which are red, so the red PCX will blend in easily.
I also bought SHAD SH40 Cargo top box and I am still waiting for Ermax +25 windshield.

Until now I was mostly riding on 1984 Jawa Babetta 210. An two speed automatic transmission moped manufactured in city located about 30km from my home. I'm quite a fan of this veteran moped and I will never give up on riding it. We have a small "fan group" and we are riding this mopeds all year long even when it is freezing cold. On a several hundred kilometers trip it's quite an adventure since I have to bring a lot of spare parts with me to be able to get back home :lol: But the good thing is I developed an iron ass on it's tiny bicycle-like seat, so PCX feels like a comfy sofa now even on long trips :)

And of course here is my new PCX:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Greetings from Slovakia !

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome Max11! :P That moped's a beauty, congrats on being so loyal to her...it shows. Congrats also on your Red PCX purchase, glad all of us could be of some assistance in your purchase decision. You Won't be sorry, it'll be Another love in your life :D
Hmm...Best keep All yer Reds apart....after all, jealousy is strange :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Love your pictures and....your small bike attitude!
Some of the best 2-wheel times of my life were in New England on a Honda 90.
Ride safe and please keep posting pictures!
Fish
StuAff

Post by StuAff »

Ahoj! Excellent colour choice (mine's the same) :)
Max11

Post by Max11 »

Yesterday I have been on scooter season opening in Czech republic. Around 200 motorcycles in total, mostly scooters, some full-sized bikes and even a few quads and trikes. I have a habit of forgetting to take pictures, so unfortunately I don't have a photo of all bikes that arrived.

Most common scooter in there was (guess what :lol: ) Honda PCX. And few of them were really interesting. Like PCX with zebra pattern, or various custom parts etc. I managed to photograph this PCX next to mine, which has built in stereo and custom seat.

Next month will be a three day meeting of PCX owners also in Czech republic, so If anyone here happens to be around, you are welcome :) I don't know if links to other forums or websites are allowed here, so If anyone wants to see photos and videos from past meetings, I can provide a link to it.
forza300
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by forza300 »

Excellent post. Thanks for the photos. The roads and countryside look beautiful.

Keep them coming :)
------------------------
forza300
Regular User
Regular User
Color: White

Post by forza300 »

... Jawa Babetta is awesome!

I especially like the addition of bicycle head light as obviously the motorcycle head light will be inadequate :lol:

reminds me of the Aussie postie bike (based on Honda cub) which is a cultural icon in Australia.

------------------------
Max11

Post by Max11 »

Thank you for interesting photo forza300. Never seen exhaust placement like that before. Must be handy in cold winter days :)
Speaking of winter ... these were taken in early winter 2014 on two of highest hills around my city:

First one is 1010 meters above sea level and second one 769m. I was glad that Babetta is equipped with pedals :) At the second photo you can see a part of car factory producing Kia and Hyundai brand.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Max11,
Great posts - please keep the pictures coming - and do not forget your camera for the 3 day meet! ;)
Your pictures are very interesting!
One cannot get too many scooter/motorcycle pictures from around the world!
Fish
Max11

Post by Max11 »

Thank you all for kind posts :)

Today I brought my PCX back home from dealers service center. They tried to find the source of the rattle i mentioned here: http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=747&start=20 ,but without success. So I decided to stick with my trusty saying: "If you want something to get properly done, do it yourself". I taped a microphone in the cavity near radiator and went on a short ride. Then I parked at my garage and listened to the recordings. I grabbed a wooden stick and systematicaly tapped every part near the spot from where I heard the rattle. I also laid under the bike and looked under the... i believe it is called fairings :D. I found two possible sources of the rattle.

I believe this is the source of the rattle. (sorry for my poor technical english :) ) It is the axle that holds center stand. On the axle there is a pin and washer. Both pin and washer are absolutely loose. The washer already shows a lot of wear caused by rubbing with the pin. So I believe this may be the source of the rattle. However it is hardly believable that it can produce such strong noise. But when I tap on the washer it makes a noise similar to the rattle I have been hearing. So I keep on hoping that I have found the source. I haven't got time to test ride it after this discovery, but tomorrow I'm planning to buy 2 pcs of flat rubber gaskets and insert them around the washer to lock it into place and dampen any possible vibrations.

I have also found this:

I'ts a plastic zip tie with ... well ... snap-on thingy which popped out of it's place. It is unlikely that this can cause that rattle noise, but who knows. I will try to fix it also, but I will need someone with tiny hands :)

And since I'm happy you liked my photos so far, here is a teaser from todays test ride:

I promise I will get a better photo next time, without the power line :) We have a lot of castles in my country. There are maybe 5 or 6 castles like this in 50km radius from my home.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Good post and nice pictures.
Keep 'em coming!
Fish
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

forza300 wrote:... Jawa Babetta is awesome!

I especially like the addition of bicycle head light as obviously the motorcycle head light will be inadequate :lol:

reminds me of the Aussie postie bike (based on Honda cub) which is a cultural icon in Australia.

I'd love a postie or an Ag
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

My son-in-law has both a postie and an ag on his farm near Sydney.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

John, your post ^ needs pics :D

Max11, I'm enjoying your photo's 8) power lines and all! Thanks. I also applause you for being so determined to locate your p.i.t.a. rattle noise. I'm hoping to read in your next post that you did indeed locate and secure it.
"I'll be back!" ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Safety Man
Year: 2013

Post by Safety Man »

Man, these pics remind me of Germany, where I spent 4 awesome years with the Army. Wish I was there...
Max11

Post by Max11 »

120km trip today. Image hosting service is down due to technical diffuculties, so I will upload photos later.

As I mentioned before, I fixed the problem with displaced snap-on zip-ties which are holding wires and tubes. I also locked the loose metal washer between two rubber gaskets. Later on I also tried to glue the metal washer to completely eliminate any possible movement of the washer. But the rattle is still there ...

Recording of the rattle: https://clyp.it/xibqgfdh

Either it is radiator fan out of balance or something loose in the transmission box. But it is driving me insane. Even some people who were riding with me asked whats that noise coming from my bike. And it's still getting worse, because the noise can be heard again in larger spectrum of engine revs and since today even on center stand ocasionaly. I noticed also some new noise lately, probably from rollers, but compared to this cricket-like noise, the rollers are producing absolutely delightful rattle.

I will have to solve this issue with dealer, because by selling the PCX I will lose one month worth of salary and that is unacceptable.
johnnytraveler
Color: Matte Black

Post by johnnytraveler »

Greetings Slovakia, from Vietnam. I love how this bike is so international. Cobbled streets, mountains, I'm so jealous.
Sent while texting on a 2015 Matte black 125cc PCX, made in Vietnam.
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

Greetings Max11, thanks for the pictures, you have a beautiful countryside. :D
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
Max11

Post by Max11 »

Thank you again for nice reply. Here are promised photos:

JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

[quote="WhiteNoise"]John, your post ^ needs pics :D

A bit difficult to supply pics. The farm is 1200km away and only occasionally visited by my son-in-law. It's a free range egg farm run by his Mom and Sisters.

Last time I saw the bikes in October 2014 they were being used for bush bashing and needed some TLC. As it's a farm that wasn't going to happen anytime soon :-)

Postie bikes are sold on ebay Oz all the time and get good prices, anywhere from A$700 to A$2,000.