Texting While Riding/Driving >>

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Texting While Riding/Driving >>

Post by WhiteNoise »

>>> Anything! :x
Read how sad The Outcome is here!
http://news.sky.com/story/1250747/drive ... ook-selfie

Please Please Please, for Everyone's Sake I'm Pleading:
Stop the Texting!! We already deal with Drinking, Smoking (cigs, cigars, pipe, weed) Cell Phone Calls (hands free calls are distracting enough), Driving Half Asleep, and more!
Pull Over, Pull Over, Pull the hell Over!!
The damn list gets longer. Are you afraid? Am I? Damn straight I am! I have only two eyes, I Will Not win. I don't stand a chance. Who hit me? Won't know.
Wear your seatbelt, Wear your armor? It's all we got!
God Bless this Family :( They "Are Not" Happy

P.S. I was going to post this thread under Off Topic, but odds of reading it Here out way there. I am Not accusing anyone here of the above actions, just ringing bells and whistles ;) Thanks
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: Texting While Riding/Driving >>

Post by Alibally »

What an arsehole. Sounds a bit harsh but why do it? Some poor bugger has to deal with the aftermath.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Darwin award winner methinks.
Problem with smart phones is they make dumb people dumber.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Darwin award winner methinks.
Problem with smart phones is they make dumb people dumber.

You should be in advertising...
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Every day I see motorcycle/scooter drivers in Bangkok who are texting and smoking while they drive. It's absurd. I'll try to get a picture some time.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
wei2go
Regular User
Regular User

Post by wei2go »

kramnala58 wrote:Every day I see motorcycle/scooter drivers in Bangkok who are texting and smoking while they drive. It's absurd. I'll try to get a picture some time.
Will you be driving? :D :D
Currently own a red pcx150 and a red NC750x DCT
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

wei2go wrote:
kramnala58 wrote:Every day I see motorcycle/scooter drivers in Bangkok who are texting and smoking while they drive. It's absurd. I'll try to get a picture some time.
Beat me to it. I was about to ask that.
SilentSamurai

Post by SilentSamurai »

I put a loud speaker and CB in most of my cars to mainly yell at people to pay attention and put their phones down. People are more worried about whats going on on their phone here in california and almost every car swerves left and right in their lanes, it's terrible. I know it's not legal, but making chirp noises or saying, "PUT THE PHONE DOWN!" really wakes them up.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Alibally wrote:
wei2go wrote:
Beat me to it. I was about to ask that.
Sorry, I can't take pictures at the same time that I am texting. I'm ambidextrous, but my phone is. I will need to pull over. ;) :lol: :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

One Moment In Time

Last night I was invited out to dinner with my sister and brother-in-law. We had a few drinks and a delicious dinner. We chatted on one topic to another as we always do....then this awful story was told. My brother-in-law works for a trucking business in NYC. One of the driver's that work under him recently killed a young woman. The trucking company is now being sued.

NYC, The Big Apple! Confusing. Loaded with busy crowded streets, short & long blocks, avenues going one way or the other or both ways. Didn't matter, the driver is very familiar and knows his way around.

It's Daylight, dry roads, no precipitation. The truck driver said he made a right turn off a street onto a side block all at the proper legal speed. He had gone beyond the turning point when suddenly he felt something really strange. He stopped, got out and walked around his truck. It was then that he discovered a young ladies body trapped under his right rear tire. He was aghast. He claims he never saw her to avoid her. Where did she come from? Near to her body was a cell phone lying on the street.

So, my questions were, how did she end up under the rear tire?
How did He Not see her?
Why didn't She See the truck?

I have no idea how many people were at the scene or who saw what. I went numb right after I heard my brother-in-law say, "she died." Oh My God! Impossible! How?

No witnesses have stepped forward at this time. The young ladies family is......well, you can imagine. The driver? I wouldn't want to be him either. So, so, sad

The authorities now say they have a pretty good idea as to what happened.
I'm curious....what do you guys & gals think happened?
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Sounds like they both were not paying enough attention.
Typical truck design leaves huge blindspots.
Smartphones make dumb people dumber.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Here's what the authorities (?) have told my brother-in-law:
The truck driver took the turn properly, and did Not see the young lady.
Apparently, the accident occurred when the truck passed her halfway (between the length of his cab) that she stepped out (maybe from between cars) with her head down, more than likely texting or the like. She was Not aware a moving truck was dead ahead of her. She walked into it, got trapped and run over. Cell phone found on pavement.

Pretty scary shite. Old parent saying goes like this: "There's a Time & Place for Everything" and That was Not the time or place for her to be using a cellphone. Phone lives, she dies. Parents in agony.
The damn things can be addictive!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:One Moment In Time

Last night I was invited out to dinner with my sister and brother-in-law. We had a few drinks and a delicious dinner. We chatted on one topic to another as we always do....then this awful story was told. My brother-in-law works for a trucking business in NYC. One of the driver's that work under him recently killed a young woman. The trucking company is now being sued.

NYC, The Big Apple! Confusing. Loaded with busy crowded streets, short & long blocks, avenues going one way or the other or both ways. Didn't matter, the driver is very familiar and knows his way around.

It's Daylight, dry roads, no precipitation. The truck driver said he made a right turn off a street onto a side block all at the proper legal speed. He had gone beyond the turning point when suddenly he felt something really strange. He stopped, got out and walked around his truck. It was then that he discovered a young ladies body trapped under his right rear tire. He was aghast. He claims he never saw her to avoid her. Where did she come from? Near to her body was a cell phone lying on the street.

So, my questions were, how did she end up under the rear tire?
How did He Not see her?
Why didn't She See the truck?

I have no idea how many people were at the scene or who saw what. I went numb right after I heard my brother-in-law say, "she died." Oh My God! Impossible! How?

No witnesses have stepped forward at this time. The young ladies family is......well, you can imagine. The driver? I wouldn't want to be him either. So, so, sad

The authorities now say they have a pretty good idea as to what happened.
I'm curious....what do you guys & gals think happened?
You were told an after dinner story?
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Always gotta troll every topic
ImageImage
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I came across this on Facebook (no I am not an avid reader or poster on Face, but my family connects that way often, so on I go).
Anyway I came across this:
image.jpg
image.jpg (102.22 KiB) Viewed 2066 times
Fourth of July Weekend coming. Be Careful & BeHave riding/driving
Cheers
powpilot
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by powpilot »

logepoge1 wrote:Always gotta troll every topic
I was thinking the same thing. Nothing ever useful.
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

SilentSamurai wrote:I put a loud speaker and CB in most of my cars to mainly yell at people....
There in California? You're a brave man. Hope you can still drive while ducking the return gunfire. :o
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

No DAB never saw it, thanks for posting it. Here's my response to the one behind the curtain
image.jpg
image.jpg (10.98 KiB) Viewed 2035 times
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

SilentSamurai wrote:I put a loud speaker and CB in most of my cars to mainly yell at people to pay attention and put their phones down. People are more worried about whats going on on their phone here in california and almost every car swerves left and right in their lanes, it's terrible. I know it's not legal, but making chirp noises or saying, "PUT THE PHONE DOWN!" really wakes them up.
In my ham radio club one of our members said he likes to go on his cb and irritate truckers
ImageImage