BIKE SHELTER

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

garrup

BIKE SHELTER

Post by garrup »

SPEEDWAY MOTOSPORT SHELTERS
My Forza 300 is toughing out the last of the winter weather in one of these.
I paid $399 here in Canada, which included the cost of shipping to Alberta from out east.
The shelter fabric is of very heavy material, and the framework seems tough enough as well.
Attachments
IMG_0100=2.jpg
IMG_0100=2.jpg (705.37 KiB) Viewed 1927 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: BIKE SHELTER

Post by WhiteNoise »

Like. "Beam me up Scotty" kind of look. Great idea, anchored down & has venting as well. Is that a roll up cover I see, for the vent? For that price with shipping? Good bang for the buck to keep ya both happy 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Why not in the shed behind
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Will that be able to hold up to the southern Alberta winds?
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
garrup

Post by garrup »

The shed would have to be about 3 feet deeper, to get the bike in. As it is, the Forza just fits in its shelter. One of the mirrors touches the aluminum frame above when the steering is locked, and i have to make sure the bike is all the way forward or it will interfere with the frame on the back. But there is a larger version of this shelter available and i would advise it over this one if you can afford it.
garrup

Post by garrup »

As for wind durability, that will surely put it to a test out here.
My yard is quite sheltered because of neighboring trees and houses, but even so i'll have to fetch up stronger tie downs than i have used at the moment.
I'm almost certain it would not hold up to our winds if it was set up out on a bare spot where the prevailing winds can hit it directly.
Nothing i've seen yet is that strong. Maybe a low, well built, sloping brick structure. Maybe. :D
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

I used to live in southern Saskatchewan, so I hear you about those winds. I think that is why people out there walking leaning forward. They are always walking into a wind. ;)
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

By the way, welcome to the forums if you haven't already been welcomed.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ What kram said :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Once it has passed the wind test there we could try it down here in Atlanta during thunderstorm weather. Thunderstorms here come with the added "benefit" of a tornado or two. Our area is considered to be in the southern tornado alley . So much fun that no metal storage sheds will survive!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
rew750

Post by rew750 »

kramnala58 wrote:I used to live in southern Saskatchewan, so I hear you about those winds. I think that is why people out there walking leaning forward. They are always walking into a wind. ;)
The winds here in the Denver area have been really bad this last week or so. Today we are getting gusts pushing 60mph so I chose not to ride. Even in my Corolla I was getting pushed around a lot this morning. I'm not sure I could have stayed upright on the Forza in those winds. :D
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Welcome... not practical here in the windy city. Pool covers only last one year in the Chicago area too. If it didn't blow down, the snow would level it nicely :)
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

For that price, you could easily build a shed, that is 10 times better, more protection, last longer, and you would have room to put more things in besides just the Forza. What I see in that picture is just a normal motorcycle cover, that is of a shape to attach directly to the ground instead of putting it directly on the bike. I do not see any advantage to it. Fabric is going to let moisture, wind, etc through, not nearly as effective protection as a shed.

Mike
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

Was thinking the same thing, Mike. Could even attach the extension to the existing shed and gain some extra support.

One benefit, though, of supporting the fabric away from the bike is keeping the flapping fabric from scuffing the paint as standard covers can do.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

Bash On! wrote:Was thinking the same thing, Mike. Could even attach the extension to the existing shed and gain some extra support.
THE REAL TRUTH: Anyone that really loves their scooter would have their Forza parked in their living room, not sitting in a shed or outside under a cloth... Reading about leaving them out in the cold makes me want to cry :cry:
Attachments
HondaCRF250LHouse.jpg
HondaCRF250LHouse.jpg (168.39 KiB) Viewed 1258 times
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

My sister had a Harley similar to her dead boyfriend's Harley parked in her living room for a long time. No idea where it is now. She tried to sell it for way more than it was worth. Probably under a tarp outside I think now.