2014 Honda Forza US Freeway Speeds

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

bpmch02

2014 Honda Forza US Freeway Speeds

Post by bpmch02 »

Hello everyone.

I previously posted on the PCX side about getting either a PCX or Forza for riding around town with my wife. Based on what was said over there I am thinking the Forza may be the better choice but I have a question for you guys.

If I go up to a Forza is it still just a short burst freeway bike single/2up or does it have enough power to go 70mph all day up hills, etc?

Thanks for your input...any other thoughts would be appreciated related to the bike vs pcx and also city/freeway experiences based on speed either as a single rider or two up.

Honestly, I also looked at the Yamaha Majesty 400 which would have enough power for sure to cruise at 70 all day but I like Honda better and their financing is a better program too...
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Re: 2014 Honda Forza US Freeway Speeds

Post by willajabir »

Yes, Forza will handle.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y9JWhsg
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Mine has been ridden on a Slow Traffic Sunday morning down I-24 here (I generally ride the twisty backroads everywhere and hate Interstate) at 70+ mph for almost 100 miles 2-up, and yes, I-24 has steep hills in places..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
bpmch02

Post by bpmch02 »

Sounds good, thanks for the replys
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

bpmch02 wrote:Sounds good, thanks for the replys
Anytime..... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
MORON
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MORON »

I cruise mine regularly between 70 - 80 mph no problems and its just awesome. that's with the 140/70/13 tire. However, there is a lot of bullshitters on this site for some reason that tell of " 70 to 75 mpg". this is of course garbage. unless your going 60 and under. the faster you go on the forza your mileage goes out the window really fast. But I like fast so 50 to 55 mpg is ok for me. if you want good mileage, stay under 65 mph
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

MORON wrote:the faster you go on the forza your mileage goes out the window really fast.
Same as every other vehicle.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

MORON wrote:I cruise mine regularly between 70 - 80 mph no problems and its just awesome. that's with the 140/70/13 tire. However, there is a lot of bullshitters on this site for some reason that tell of " 70 to 75 mpg". this is of course garbage. unless your going 60 and under. the faster you go on the forza your mileage goes out the window really fast. But I like fast so 50 to 55 mpg is ok for me. if you want good mileage, stay under 65 mph
I used to see these numbers stated, but for me, only got a top of 68mpg at 55mph. Now that the engine is well broken in, these numbers are no longer garbage for me. Anecdotally, I just finished two back to back 300+ milers; got a high of 70.2mpg* on the first one. On the second trip, after a 146mile stretch, filled up, and it topped off at 2.00 gallons, US. That appears to be 73mpg* to me, or else my odometer is flat wrong. Flat roads, but windy; 100 miles at 65mph, the rest of the trip between 50 and 60mph. Work rides are at 55mph (with a lot of stopping) are showing 65-68mpg typical.

* Note that this is based on 'indicated' miles on the odometer, so next time I will use a gps for better accuracy.

YMMV.
garrup

Post by garrup »

........yeah, wind is the clincher here, for both speed and mileage. 90% of the bikes in southern alberta are large displacement V-twins for just that reason. When getting ready for a ride here we don't look at the weather forcast for rain, but for wind speed. Most of my riding is on 100kph access roads, and in city traffic, and i still average 88mpg (imperial). I've no real idea if that good or bad except that my cousin has one of the big V-twins mentioned, and he gets similar gas mileage with it as with this Ford sedan. Yeah, i'll take the Forza !
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

That calculation turns out to be 73.275mpg US. This is the fourth independent post I have read that states that figure, but I have only recently hit those numbers. I don't ride 70-80mph though; mainly between 55mph and 65mph.
waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

I've never actually figured out the mpg when I fill at the gas station, just go by what the guage reads. Wind makes a big difference, riding into the wind the mpg can be
10 less than riding with the wind. Riding into the wind my guage will drop all the way down to 60mpg, riding with the wind it will rise to 68-72 mpg. It seems like we get a lot more windy days than calm days around here.
rew750

Post by rew750 »

Here in Denver I'm averaging about 78 MPG with mostly city driving which is fabulous. The wind here can be pretty bad too, but since adding the Givi windshield my mileage has only been getting better. The wife and I are driving our Forza's (she has her own) up to Estes Park this weekend so it will be fun to see how it does riding on the curving mountain roads here in Colorado.
Kalemakapii

Post by Kalemakapii »

MORON wrote:I cruise mine regularly between 70 - 80 mph no problems and its just awesome. that's with the 140/70/13 tire. However, there is a lot of bullshitters on this site for some reason that tell of " 70 to 75 mpg". this is of course garbage. unless your going 60 and under. the faster you go on the forza your mileage goes out the window really fast. But I like fast so 50 to 55 mpg is ok for me. if you want good mileage, stay under 65 mph
I am averaging 75mpg. I ride it to work everyday Mon-Fri (40mi RT per day/200mi per wk) on the highway at speeds btwn 55-60. The bike is equipped with the tall windshield too. I weigh 180lbs.

And that ain't no BS Moron...
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

I guess I'm a BSer. The worst I've gotten was driving I-59 N from Eutaw, AL (exit 40) to Birmingham, AL (exit 123) full throttle on April 23 this year. 58.6 mpg.
At 58 mph (on that same stretch) I get between 73-75 mpg.
I'm 5'10" and 205lbs. I have the Givi AF windscreen with V47 trunk, but at the time of the worst mpg, I had the Honda tall shield with Givi 45L tail trunk.
These are actual and not the indicated by the guage. I use 87 octane w/10% ethanol(All figures are US), original tires, and I fill up to the bar in the neck while on centerstand so it is the same each time.
I currently have 5300 miles on the skut.
Larry

waybar
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waybar »

willajabir, just curious how accurate is the mpg by the guage compared to the actual that you are getting.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I've averaged 78 imperial mpg over 9000 miles and seen it vary between 55mpg and 105mpg.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

It fluctuates. For example if I hot rod it for 5 miles before fill up, it will show as much as 10% less than actual for the whole tank.
On average the gauge is about 5% less than actual for me.
Larry

MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Larry-

Guess I haven't been keeping up as well as I should. First, love the hand-grips...where did you pick up those? Second, noticed the screen change, but you still kept your neat hand-shields. Why the change of screen, (if you don't mind my asking) and how's it working for you? Lastly, good looking topbox.
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

Thanks Mitch,
Got the grips from a Chinese company on Amazon. They are just like the Kury grips but about 1/3 the price.
http://goo.gl/wmQ5yB
I thought about removing the handshields during the summer, but I just been to lazy.
I changed the screen after seeing another post about the AF. More air on me, but it is a gentle flow. Sits up straighter than the Honda screen. And avg 2mpg more.
Having said that, it could be just that the warmer weather caused the increase, but others have had similar experience.
IF I remember right (old fart syndrome) it was pawineguy that has cost me all these mods by posting good looking pics of his upgrades!!!!!
I have to many extra parts sitting in my basement.
Larry

rew750

Post by rew750 »

rew750 wrote:Here in Denver I'm averaging about 78 MPG with mostly city driving which is fabulous. The wind here can be pretty bad too, but since adding the Givi windshield my mileage has only been getting better. The wife and I are driving our Forza's (she has her own) up to Estes Park this weekend so it will be fun to see how it does riding on the curving mountain roads here in Colorado.
Took the trip to Estes Park this weekend driving 256 miles total. Driving through Rocky Mountain National Park was great, and saw lots of wildlife life, elk, deer and bighorn. The bike handled great and I was averaging 83 MPG. It had no problems going up any of the mountain grades we threw at it. The wife and I plan on making this a yearly trip.