PCX+BRP=FUN

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

Driller
Regular User
Regular User

PCX+BRP=FUN

Post by Driller »

Just got back from a 160 mile, picture perfect day...and where was the camera?...at home! :oops:
Met up with four other riders this morning for a ride up to the Blue Ridge Parkway. We were not committed to which direction or how far to go when there, but it did not matter as it was one of those "put away the watch and ride" days.
The PCX spun away, climbing up and over the Eastern Divide and back up, up, up on twisty roads where you saw yourself coming while going. Cool temps greeted us as we reached the Parkway and we decided to head south towards Mt. Mitchell for lunch.
The Blue Ridge Parkway is one of my favorite roads to ride on. As the road winds along the ridges, the curves keep you constantly entertained and rewarded with beautiful views. Every now and then a decreasing radius turn wakes you up and keeps you from getting too complacent.The PCX was at home cruising along in that sweet spot between 35 and 50 mph. On some of the downhill runs it was hard to tell if the engine was even running it was purring so contentedly.
At the summit of Mt Mitchell it was downright chilly! A relaxed lunch with some good conversation about bikes, riding and a little of everything refreshed us for the ride back home. Back down and over the Divide again put us in Lake Lure for a break where farewells were made followed by the run home.
Jim, if you and your bride ever get over this way we can have a PCX rally! 8)
Cheers! Driller
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: PCX+BRP=FUN

Post by Taz »

One always needs to pack a camera under the seat or in the glove box, but its amazing how good mobile phone pics and vids can be these days! When I went up my local mountain I used my small keychain video but screwed up pressing the small buttons incorrectly with my bike gloves so no video came out :(
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Me and my wife's bucket list includes a 2-week long trip all the way up the East Coast, riding the entire BRP is a 2-day segment of the ride. We got preggers before having time to take the ride, so the trip will have to wait a couple of decades. I'll ride it one day though, I've heard it's a great road. :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

maddiedog wrote:Me and my wife's bucket list includes a 2-week long trip all the way up the East Coast, riding the entire BRP is a 2-day segment of the ride. We got preggers before having time to take the ride, so the trip will have to wait a couple of decades. I'll ride it one day though, I've heard it's a great road. :D

You're pregnant too?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

First of all, congrats! So, were you planning on doing the trip 2 up? That would be rough. Why not get a side car? I saw one on the PowerPCX site. Of course, the best scooter for the side car would have been the Silverwing, but you sold it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Driller
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Driller »

Taz wrote:One always needs to pack a camera under the seat or in the glove box, but its amazing how good mobile phone pics and vids can be these days! When I went up my local mountain I used my small keychain video but screwed up pressing the small buttons incorrectly with my bike gloves so no video came out :(
Taz, I can mess up without my gloves using the phone I have. I'm sure there are some of my photos out in another cyber galaxy. Good idea about tucking a spare on board.
Maddie, the little 'uns can slow you down. There are rides waiting out there.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

maddiedog wrote:Me and my wife's bucket list includes a 2-week long trip all the way up the East Coast, riding the entire BRP is a 2-day segment of the ride. We got preggers before having time to take the ride, so the trip will have to wait a couple of decades. I'll ride it one day though, I've heard it's a great road. :D
In the meantime you could get a funky VW hippycampervan like this and take the kids along ;)

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

A sidecar or a camper would take all the fun out of the twisties! Driller, I'm sure you can agree since you just rode it, those roads would be no fun without the ability to lean in to the pavement. :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes