Parts question

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

markkb93
Year: 2018
Color: Black

Parts question

Post by markkb93 »

Hi,

I have a 2018 Pcx currently on 10,718 miles.

My question is would parts from the Pcx prior to 2018 model also fit mine? If not would anyone be able to help me in finding somewhere u.k based that sells them during this lockdown.

Reason for the above is; my Pcx started with a grinding/rubbing feel through the bike when I ride it and i can also hear it, I've had my rear wheel off completely, removed the shoes and cant see anything on that side of things but my wheel stops spinning when idle on stand.

Mechanic (car/van) in my workplace had a look around and said my bearings appear to be fine and the grinding could be my belt or possibly rollers. (Uncertain 100% unless removed and looked) mechanic in question tinkers on his own bikes

I apologise if this is posted in the wrong place as couldn't see along the lines of this in FAQ, would be really appreciative for any help what so ever and any more questions please ask away and will help to the best of my limited knowledge

Mark
cnikonpete
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: red

Re: Parts question

Post by cnikonpete »

bike-parts-honda.com in search engine, not sure if working during lockdown, also Fowlers, both supply genuine Honda parts
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

You should probably figure out whats wrong before asking for parts. Could be something simple or something very serious.

Diagnose is always the first step.
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Most likely clutch bearings, they are prone to fail on all models.

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda- ... 17/1/31917

Parts 18 & 19 and if you don't want the hassle of extracting them get sub-assembly 8

If its not them, could be something final drive related.

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda- ... 10/1/31917

Also there's a wheel bearing in the swingarm bracket, 17

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda- ... 30/2/31917
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Put your bike on its center stand, engine off. Spin the rear wheel backwards. If it is difficult and you can hear the grinding then it is the clutch bearing. Quite a few of us have had to replace them. I don't think enough grease is shoved into those little bearings, so they eventually heat up and start to go bad. Easy enough fix for those of us who have done the repairs ourselves. Shouldn't take a bike shop long.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

I'm with Mel46 and gn2, but do upload a video of the sound when you do the test that Mel46 suggested.
I have replaced those bearing before, they sound like an old blender. I bought the whole clutch pulley part from Honda. It was cheap enough.
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Honda seem to give diff part numbers for diff year models but some specifications remain the same. Though, to make sure better check the exact part number of the year model of your PCX.

Here's one site i found useful to check part numbers https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda- ... R/PCX/2018

Some parts are interchangeable, even with Click 125i models, but they changed the part numbers. But one can never be sure which parts remains the same/changed, better stick with the part number for the year model of your PCX.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...