Honda ADV150 - pcx upgrade

General Honda ADV150 chat, questions about the ADV150, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Honda ADV150 - pcx upgrade

Post by Mel46 »

The seat height is a little over 31 inches. (I only have a 30 inch inseam, so I would be on top toes.) That would definitely be a problem for some riders. On the other hand, if you are a taller rider who feels cramped on the PCX, this bike would work out quite well.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

There's rumoured to be a 300 version in the pipeline.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

any chance of ever seeing this bike here
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

any chance of ever seeing this bike here
IMHO I think if scooter sales were more bountiful here in the U.S. you could see the ADV150 sold at your local Honda dealer but the realities are what they are.

For a while I expect to see a continuation of the Metropolitan, Ruckus, and PCX.

If Suzuki and Yamaha and Vespa have a surge in sales of their larger scooters then maybe Honda will bring back it's newest version of the Forza.

It's difficult to tell what direction Kymco is going in. They piggyback on other marque dealerships like Genuine does.

Somewhere along the line style seemed to replace the practicality of the "flat seat". It limits the product sales to only those that can fit. As I've said before it baffles me how companies can put practicality aside and double down on "looks". Look at the older machines. They had either flat seats or individual seats. As a lot of potential buyers start to grow older I think that "comfort" while riding is going to be key. Looking "cool" will be nice but not as important as comfort. That seat on the ADV150 looks almost identical to the PCX seat. It makes me wonder . . .. :roll:

Another thing is we are still in the midst of the shift from carburetor to fuel injection. With the threat of E15 ethanol on the rise it causes concern about manufacturer warranties and how well the smaller engines used in the motorcycle/scooter, recreational, and lawn maintenance equipment market will hold up. It's a given right now that if you don't use some kind of fuel treatment to reduce the risk of "phasing" and leave your bike or scooter collecting dust for periods of time you will surely have problems. Fuel injection helps to avoid the problems experienced with the "clogged carburetor". But the materials in the fuel pumps have to be "ethanol friendly".

I see an abundance of the Grom and Ruckus models (and Kawasaki Z125 Pro) still available. It will be interesting to see how the Monkey and Super Cub do.

One last thing to consider about the market is are the majority of customers buying because they "want it" or they "need it". When the products are designed they are supposed to fulfill a need. But when times are good and money is more abundant in the hands of the consumer the designers seem to have a license to fulfill a want. It truly must give us pause . . .. :geek:

Until then dream the dream and enjoy what you have . . .. :D

Here are some groovy $$$ machines. 8)

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

gn2 wrote:There's rumoured to be a 300 version in the pipeline.
I just tuned in on this thread. A 150 ADV,....sigh Okay.
But a 200-300 I'd Want! and probably the best suited size for this fresh sporty looker.

I've been a fan of the X-ADV 750 since it's birth. Never arrived here in the States. Okay I swallow again and try to forget. Shoot, there's still the Zero! HaHa!!

Please gn2 add any info as you hear, read, see it. Hoping pipeline rumors turn true.
Say "300" ADV Louder folks!

Dear Honda, wazz up? Where's our # 300cc anywho? Can you fill U.S.A.'s empty slot please?
No, I'm not talking about yer Forza "leftovers!" Nice scoot, but Where's the excitement in that?
Hit the Refresh button and please kick it up a notch. Seriously, We are due.
You know you got the power 8) Please DELIVER
End of my complaint/plea
(for now) teehee :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red white

Post by relic »

Stumbled across this today
https://www.rideapart.com/articles/3654 ... v-300-usa/
Wish I was closer to 50 than 70 and a bit taller. Broke my fibula, sounds better than broke my leg,a few weeks ago.
Walking not riding,shit happens so kind of a mute point for me.
jburner
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 PCX
Color: Black

Post by jburner »

Unfortunately, until gas prices go up again, I don’t see scooter sales picking up in the US. SUV’s are popular again.
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Stumbled across this today
Wish I was closer to 50 than 70 and a bit taller. Broke my fibula, sounds better than broke my leg,a few weeks ago.
Heal up soon Relic!

Fibula eh?

Every Winter now I take my time and try to keep my weight leaned forward (like skiing) whenever I'm walking on slippery surfaces . . . and sometimes even when they "may" be slippery but don't look like it (black ice). That way if I do slip at least I can use my hands to break the fall. :roll:

Cheers in the mean time . . .. 8)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I noticed that most of those top "Sport Maxi Scooters" are not available in the United States. It would be interesting to see how they would rate among the riders here. Many of the people I have talked to who are riding prefer to shift once they are on bigger machines...except Can Am riders.

I loved the look of the Burgman 650 but it was like handling a baby Gold Wing. Yet, when I see videos of the new Super Maxi Scooters they look like handling is quite easy on them. Along with ABS and Traction Control, some have multiple engine modes...like that Yamaha Tmax SX Sport. I could see those scooters becoming popular here because of everything above plus styling that does not make them look like your father's Gold Wing.

Are you listening Yamaha, BMW, Honda?? (The Honda Integra is not available here. The motorcycle cousin of it is.)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

relic wrote:Stumbled across this today
GREAT FIND! Excited! You have brought me hope :P
I can and will quote you here: "Wish I was closer to 50 (adding this: 40) than 70 and a bit taller" - I get that ;)
But geez what the heck, You stumbled, broke bone o_O Bit more info? I'm nosier than an bear looking for honey! Update on yer healing - please
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

....and NO Honda, I'm Not lettin' up!
"Bring It on Home to Me" (US)
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

It would be nice if they had a more generous seat on that ADV150.

Would like to check one out if it arrives for 2020.

Priced below $4K before fees and tax I hope. :D
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

from the videos im guessing the price will be close to 5 grand better shocks and better gauges if i find one on a british web site im gonna convert pound to dollars i coverted the XADV750 its 12 grand in dollars
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

i cant help but wonder why honda cant keep maybee 20 of these in there warehouse and if you wanted one you could order it from a dealer when i bought my X max i had to order it i had to put 1000 down before the dealer would order it
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

It’s not as simple as “keep 20 bikes in a warehouse“… Adding products to the existing model line cost millions of dollars. First of all there are many many warehouses, you need to stock the parts for that bike nationally and regionally, create owners manuals and shop manuals and/or have them translated, and A host a myriad of other things that American Honda does. When I worked for BMW there was also a minimum amount that the BMW American distribution arm had to buy from Germany, and that number was always higher than that overall total demand for that model segment. BMW station wagons is coming to mind. We needed about 2000 to satisfy the demand, Germany required us to take 5000 if we wanted it. That was entirely too much.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Brando
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: Pearl White

Post by Brando »

WhiteNoise wrote:
gn2 wrote:There's rumoured to be a 300 version in the pipeline.
I just tuned in on this thread. A 150 ADV,....sigh Okay.
But a 200-300 I'd Want! and probably the best suited size for this fresh sporty looker.

I've been a fan of the X-ADV 750 since it's birth. Never arrived here in the States. Okay I swallow again and try to forget. Shoot, there's still the Zero! HaHa!!

Please gn2 add any info as you hear, read, see it. Hoping pipeline rumors turn true.
Say "300" ADV Louder folks!

Dear Honda, wazz up? Where's our # 300cc anywho? Can you fill U.S.A.'s empty slot please?
No, I'm not talking about yer Forza "leftovers!" Nice scoot, but Where's the excitement in that?
Hit the Refresh button and please kick it up a notch. Seriously, We are due.
You know you got the power 8) Please DELIVER
End of my complaint/plea
(for now) teehee :D
I gave up waiting for a 300cc Honda scooter in the US. That's why I bought a CB300R instead.
Current Rides: 2018 Honda PCX 150 and 2018 KTM Duke 390
Previous Rides: KTM 690 SMR, Suzuki SV650, '79 Honda CB400 Hawk
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Did they drop the 300F this year?
Would be my choice.
If I could have a 300 from Honda I'd go as far as needed and bring home an ABS Forza from 14
15,or 16.
Even a 250 scootet would be nice.
Guess we just don't buy enough scoots here in the States.
Those 50's are just non starters here, unless you live on campus, or in a village.
Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I would even be happy if they just gave us a 200-250cc ADV. Don't get me wrong. The PCX is a nice scooter, but using that little engine on an adventure bike is only good for beginners.

Even if we only used the ADV for around town riding, IF we wanted to use it for anything else we would need more power than that little 150cc.

I know, there are lots of little dirt bikes out there that do quite well, but they have one purpose only. I have seen young people around here taking their dirt bike to the store. Not only is that dangerous because it is not road certified, it also has knobby tires which are not good on streets...and it has a very thin silhouette that makes them hard to see from an automobile viewpoint.

The ADV is meant for riding in town AND country roads, including unpaved ones. I like that idea. I have friends who have adventure bikes. I can't ride with them because they sometimes take unpaved roads to go to certain scenic sites or as a cut through to another country road in order to shorten the ride some when coming back home. The PCX can not follow them off of a paved road. It doesn't have the ground clearance. I would also be pushing it to try to catch up with them. It just is not meant for that type of riding.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by big bear »

the closest scooter to an adventure bike we can buy here is the zuma 125 it goes good on dirt roads but it is only a 125