The life expenctancy of PCX, how long does she last?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Dragon_uk
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: The life expenctancy of PCX, how long does she last?

Post by Dragon_uk »

How long did the trip last for and how much did it cost you? Sounds like a good backpacking trip
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Been to Small town China many times, I enjoy it a LOT more than Modern Cities in China. You feel like you went back in time 50 years and landed in a movie set. Modern Chinese cities too many western style malls, condos for me.
:geek:
Newsasquatch
Regular User
Regular User
Year: N/A
Color: N/A

Post by Newsasquatch »

Wow, I loved those photos!!!
Thanks a lot!
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I loved the pictures, thanks for sharing.

I think the PCX will last decades if you take good care of it. Mel mentioned some good preventative maintenance, be proactive about doing that and your PCX will just keep going as long as you want it to.

When I did a big bore kit on my first PCX at just under 10k miles, the inside of the engine, cams, cam chain, etc... all looked new. The piston and head was a bit dirty from crappy gas, but the cylinder was clean and free of any marks. I have no doubt the PCX will go tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, of miles with good preventative maintenance. Just remember, it doesn't have an oil filter (just the little screen), so sticking with regular oil changes every 5k miles or so with synthetic oil is imperative to longevity.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
doletotodole
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: WHITE

Post by doletotodole »

Dragon_uk wrote:How long did the trip last for and how much did it cost you? Sounds like a good backpacking trip
Sir, I rode many mid to long range tours. Longest so far 3000km.
I am planning to do an around the nation tour on my new PCX, expected distance of 10,000km plus.
doletotodole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by doletotodole »

87112 wrote:Been to Small town China many times, I enjoy it a LOT more than Modern Cities in China. You feel like you went back in time 50 years and landed in a movie set. Modern Chinese cities too many western style malls, condos for me.
Absolutely, Sir.
i live in centre of a fairly big mordernised city, I likewise enjoy the tranquility of countryside, hence my many tours.
doletotodole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by doletotodole »

maddiedog wrote:I loved the pictures, thanks for sharing.

I think the PCX will last decades if you take good care of it. Mel mentioned some good preventative maintenance, be proactive about doing that and your PCX will just keep going as long as you want it to.

When I did a big bore kit on my first PCX at just under 10k miles, the inside of the engine, cams, cam chain, etc... all looked new. The piston and head was a bit dirty from crappy gas, but the cylinder was clean and free of any marks. I have no doubt the PCX will go tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands, of miles with good preventative maintenance. Just remember, it doesn't have an oil filter (just the little screen), so sticking with regular oil changes every 5k miles or so with synthetic oil is imperative to longevity.
OK, thanks.