New Member Today

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

New Member Today

Post by PCX150Rider »

Just signed on-board to this forum today.

I'm on track to purchase a new 2017 PCX150 later this year and have found this site to be a valuable source for information and tech tips.

I've been riding motorcycles for a while and bought my first scooter a couple of years ago. . .RH50. . .good machine and I'm still deciding if I'll hang onto to it or sell it when I get the PCX.

The PCX delivers the edge in power and economy that I'm looking for and the taller wheels will improve the ride. There may be some NCY shocks in my future though . . . time will tell.

And FWIW there is a ton of PCX maintenance videos posted on the web that I find really helpful. A round of applause to all those contributors. 8)

A few years ago I checked out the PCX125 at a dealership that had the old style seat. I was glad to see that they improved the design on the newer 150's. That being said I thought I'd be able to get by with a 49cc machine so I passed on the opportunity to get the PCX at that time. Although my current scooter performs "as advertised" I need to ramp up to something with more performance and presence on the road.

So until I'm actually racking up some miles on my new PCX150 later this year I'll remain on the sidelines enjoying the posts and not make any uninformed useless comments. :lol:

Geezzzz. . .since Honda has a history of introducing the next model year of PCX's early I may end up getting a 2018. Hope gas isn't over $3 a gallon by then. . . o_O
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Re: New Member Today

Post by aguim »

I think Honda has taken care of the PCX's few early bugs, so the 2017 should be perfectly fine, but...
...ask the dealer about the 'clutch bearing thing'. The only acceptable answer: "yes, yes, they fixed
that with better bearings and a 'bit' more grease". Haha!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to the forums PCX150Rider, glad you joined us.

Could you do us a favour and add your location to your profile. You can access it through the 'User Control Panel' button at the top/right of your screen if you are using a computer. Thanks.

Knowing your location helps us help you better.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

OK. . .location should be updated now. I come from Connecticut. . .the land of milk and honey. :lol:

About the CVT clutch face set, driven (bearing). . .thanks for letting me know. I read about this problem too. Seems Honda, Thailand, may have left an undetermined amount of scooters a little short on grease during assembly. Honda hasn't done an official recall yet (as far as I know). That being said there was a recall on the trunk mount for some time. When I check out the selection they have in stock at my local dealer I'll give the 'ol wheel a spin to see what it sounds like before I buy it. . .not that it will make any difference but I'll know what "new" is. I have plenty of time to decide whether I should get Blue or White. . .White being the more visible in traffic. . .Blue hiding the dirt better. :D
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

And since I am a new member am I correct stating the PCX150 is now made in Vietnam for the world market? Or are they still made in Thailand. . .or both? I know the PCX was designed to be made at Honda, Thailand. Not sure if Vietnam is just an assembly plant or they make everything for the PCX there.
Rickjds
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2020
Color: Candy Luster Re

Post by Rickjds »

aguim wrote:I think Honda has taken care of the PCX's few early bugs, so the 2017 should be perfectly fine, but...
...ask the dealer about the 'clutch bearing thing'. The only acceptable answer: "yes, yes, they fixed
that with better bearings and a 'bit' more grease". Haha!
Sorry, tried to search. Does this affect all MY PCX's?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

First off: Smart choice that PCX is! :P
2nd: no question.... Go White! 8)
3rd: (perhaps it should be first....) Welcome aboard! Glad you stepped out from behind the curtain and joined our crazy fun forum(s)!!
4th: I did a quick search for clutch bearing and quite a bit came up. Sooo, instead of me listing those finds, you might want to give the search feature another shot :geek:
Click search above. Then enter in the search bar: clutch bearing. Also choose the PCX "general" and "technical" boards to search in.
5th: Be patient waiting for the buy, but don't ask me how to do that! because I get way, wayyy to excited, lose sleep, pace etc, etc, etcetera :D

Have fun learning and following us around in the meantime ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You