New PCX owner

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Hax
Year: 2016
Color: Black

New PCX owner

Post by Hax »

Hi all. I have had my PCX 125 for just over two weeks a brand new 2016 model. Not sure if I am a typical convert, having ridden large capacity motorcycles for the last twenty seven years or so and pretty much ignoring scooters?! Two years ago I was in Thailand and the PCX was the scooter that I liked the look of. After visiting for a second time in November it occurred to me that riding an 1100cc cruiser around the city was ridiculous when a PCX could do a much better job with much less cost? Within a few weeks of being back in the UK I had my PCX. In my head it was just going to be a tool for commuting to work and back, with none of the emotional attachement that I have had for my bikes. In reality I love it! Now I have got used to not changing gear I enjoy every journey and whereas rding an 1100 on wet roads was a nightmare, on the little PCX it is great! I expected to miss the bulk of my cruiser but I don't. And my fuel costs have dropped by at least 50%!
I did consider the Forza as I thought the PCX would be too small. I am now considering a Forza as a weekend, long distance summer toy and selling my cruiser.
What has the PCX done to me!? :D Love it!
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: New PCX owner

Post by homie »

Congratulations! You have been reunited with the glorious feeling of just enough power to NOT spoil the long sought after freedom experience on two wheels. Yes, less is so much more when it comes to wind in the face with a quite seamless transition of power through a CVT drive train. Notice I can't say total comfort because lets face it the scooter forces you to sit up straight and correct your posture :) I don't know if the 4Z is more comfortable but from point A to point B in traffic the little Honda can do. The fuel consumption is excellent, after market products are plentiful. PLUS there is a following of fans that manifests itself in forum unlike any other scooter. Add more info such as location so when you need folks can assist.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Welcome to hondapcx.org.

Great testimonial for the PCX. It is a super little bike. Like you, I was introduced to them here in Thailand where I spend about 85% of my time (working). I have the first year model (2010), which I purchased used in 2012.

Before you make a move to the Forza, see if you can test drive it. I am 6'1" (185 cm) and found that the bulkiness of the seat left me feeling like I was sitting closer to the front ... less leg room. Because of that, back in the US (where I spend the other 15% of my time), I purchased a 400cc Yamaha Majesty. It will do up to 85 miles an hour, which is far more than I need for open road touring.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Hax

Post by Hax »

Thanks for the welcome. I will try the Forza before buying, although at 5' 6" I will probably be okay size wise? Options at the moment are keep my Shadow 11 or sell to buy Forza or Triumph 900 Thunderbird! Not much difference?!
I definitely understand the 'less is more' idea homie, having come from motorcycles where it is all about fastest, biggest, brightest etc. Now I can just enjoy the ride. I was never a fast rider to be honest and most have my bikes have been cruisers or customs. I had an Eliminator 900 for 6 weeks once. Kwak GPZ engine in a low slung frame. Hated riding it, although everyone told me how amazing they were.
Enjoying my commute on the PCX more than I have for years.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

Hax wrote: I did consider the Forza as I thought the PCX would be too small. I am now considering a Forza as a weekend, long distance summer toy and selling my cruiser.
What has the PCX done to me!? :D Love it!
Hi Hax,

I am looking at getting a Honda FORZA 300 for exactly the same reason. I sat on the FORZA, it is just so low, is very comfortable with its cruiser sitting position, has ABS, and will be perfect for road trips on the highway. I have a bunch of motorcycles, but the scooter is just so comfortable and safer in many ways... I am just waiting to see what happens with the FORZA in 2017, either an updated one, or if no new FORZA, get a 2106 cheap.

Mike
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Hax! :P welcome aboard. Not surprised to read that you're truly enjoying the switchover, and I can understand why. Twist n Go fever you could calls it and So Be It. You caught it! And now a Forza may be added to yer stable. Whoa...That was easy ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
riding@100mpg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by riding@100mpg »

i did the same thing,coming from many large cc motorcycles. after about a month i realized that the pcx was my "go to" bike all the time. have toured on it and rode around town. i don't know if i got lazy or just enjoy it more. seems to me, to handle better in most situations over the bike bikes. enjoy it,they really grow on you
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

I love this forum, we all seem to be on the same page. I have ridden "real" motorcycles with their shifting, harsh suspension and hand numbing vibrations. In short I didn't like them, my Honda helix was so much smoother than a motorcycle and now my Honda PCX.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JetPilot »

Hax wrote:Hi all. I have had my PCX 125 for just over two weeks a brand new 2016 model.
Hi Hax,

Small and light is so much fun ! More relaxing and while not to be taken lightly, much less chance of getting hurt. If you drop a small bike, usually a non event :D

One question, why get the PCX125 ? I would definitely want the little extra power of the 150 if I were getting a PCX. I have a Honda SH150i and it is JUST fast enough for most highways...

Mike
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JetPilot »

Gil wrote:I love this forum, we all seem to be on the same page. I have ridden "real" motorcycles with their shifting, harsh suspension and hand numbing vibrations. In short I didn't like them, my Honda helix was so much smoother than a motorcycle and now my Honda PCX.

Gil
Hi Gil,

Your rode the wrong motorcycles... My Honda CB500X is as smooth as can be, even less vibration than a PCX, more suspension travel than a scooter, large wheels, very comfortable... But the no shifting thing on a scooter is hard to beat :D The new Honda 700X Adventure has automatic shifting taken care of for those that like larger motorcycles, with the advantages of a scooter, but want to go on the highway and long rides.

The small and light PCX is unbeatable for around town and short rides !!!

Mike
Hax

Post by Hax »

JetPilot wrote:
Hax wrote:Hi all. I have had my PCX 125 for just over two weeks a brand new 2016 model.
Hi Hax,

Small and light is so much fun ! More relaxing and while not to be taken lightly, much less chance of getting hurt. If you drop a small bike, usually a non event :D

One question, why get the PCX125 ? I would definitely want the little extra power of the 150 if I were getting a PCX. I have a Honda SH150i and it is JUST fast enough for most highways...

Mike
We don't get the 150 officially in the UK because our licensing laws allow learners to ride a maximum size of 125.