First 100KM, My New PCX plus some local pics

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

doletotodole
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: WHITE

First 100KM, My New PCX plus some local pics

Post by doletotodole »

Possibly the best mid-end scooter you will get in China.
This bike is technically illegal in China, but still a lot of buyers.
Smuggled from Mekong to border city then sold to around the country.

One PCX owener said "illegal, but my passion makes it "legal" ".
Attachments
20161210_162855.jpg
20161210_162855.jpg (158.69 KiB) Viewed 1615 times
20161210_162424.jpg
20161210_162424.jpg (175.08 KiB) Viewed 1615 times
20161210_153010.jpg
20161210_153010.jpg (185.43 KiB) Viewed 1615 times
20161210_152904.jpg
20161210_152904.jpg (190.65 KiB) Viewed 1615 times
20161105_165628.jpg
20161105_165628.jpg (144.31 KiB) Viewed 1615 times
eggman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: First 100KM, My New PCX plus some local pics

Post by eggman »

sweet ride dude
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

nice photos. And it's white!
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
Chapel77
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Red

Post by Chapel77 »

Just out of curiosity, what makes your pcx illegal, and what steps do you need to take for it to comply? Looks good in white!
Living the Honda Dream!
JetPilot
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2019
Color: INVISIBLE

Post by JetPilot »

doletotodole wrote:Possibly the best mid-end scooter you will get in China.

My guess is that the Chinese will not allow the Honda PCX to be sold there because it is foreign made. The Chinese sell all over the world, and CLAIM they have free trade, but in reality the put up many " technicalities " so that imports never have a chance to be sold in their country. Hence they effectively stop 99 % of foreign products from entering China. Just sign a " free trade " agreement, and then make forigen products illegal, that is how you become the richest country in the world if other countries are not smart enough to figure this out... Free trade with Chine is a LIE. Of course this lie and cheating will end soon :D

Doletotodole, what is the " excuse " used for making the PCX illegal in china ? The Honda PCX is certainly one of the the best, cleanest running mid sized scooters in the world. There is absolutely no valid reason for it not to be sold in China.

Mike
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

What is the penalty for illegally owning the PCX scooter..? How does one get tags for it without getting caught ?
doletotodole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by doletotodole »

Chapel77 wrote:Just out of curiosity, what makes your pcx illegal, and what steps do you need to take for it to comply? Looks good in white!
Simply put, PCX is not for sale in China, therefore, you won't be able to give it a license number.
doletotodole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by doletotodole »

JetPilot wrote:

My guess is that the Chinese will not allow the Honda PCX to be sold there because it is foreign made. The Chinese sell all over the world, and CLAIM they have free trade, but in reality the put up many " technicalities " so that imports never have a chance to be sold in their country. Hence they effectively stop 99 % of foreign products from entering China. Just sign a " free trade " agreement, and then make forigen products illegal, that is how you become the richest country in the world if other countries are not smart enough to figure this out... Free trade with Chine is a LIE. Of course this lie and cheating will end soon :D

Doletotodole, what is the " excuse " used for making the PCX illegal in china ? The Honda PCX is certainly one of the the best, cleanest running mid sized scooters in the world. There is absolutely no valid reason for it not to be sold in China.

I don't know the excuse, and I agree there is no valid reason to keep PCX outside the border.
I have been chatting with many motor fans in China, no one can figure out exactly why. My best guess is Honda can't be bothered to bring PCX in. Once the PCX is imported, the price will at least double that in Thailand hence impacting the sale volumn.

Mike
doletotodole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by doletotodole »

easyrider wrote:What is the penalty for illegally owning the PCX scooter..? How does one get tags for it without getting caught ?
Most PCX owners here will do the fake license plate, not 100% fake, because they use the plate numbers from other scooters for PCX. It is a complicated process.

The police usually keep one eye closed if you do the fake plate and let you go. But, if got involved in accidents, the cover will be blown. bike taken, fine imposed, even short prison term.
Daguang
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by Daguang »

doletotodole wrote:
easyrider wrote:What is the penalty for illegally owning the PCX scooter..? How does one get tags for it without getting caught ?
Most PCX owners here will do the fake license plate, not 100% fake, because they use the plate numbers from other scooters for PCX. It is a complicated process.

The police usually keep one eye closed if you do the fake plate and let you go. But, if got involved in accidents, the cover will be blown. bike taken, fine imposed, even short prison term.
welcome doletotodole, forza owner from Beijing :lol:
Blazinby
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015 + 2018
Color: Black,Matt Grey

Post by Blazinby »

man I love my PCX but risking jail to ride one?

respect dude ;)

and welcome, nice pics btw
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

i have a lot of respect for other PCX owners, but you top them all. i love my PCX, and my wife loves hers. It is one of the best bikes I have ever owned. Very dependable, and easy enough to work on if you have a place to do the work. Getting the plastic off is a pain until you have done it a few times. Doing the valve adjustment is a pain, but you only really have to do it a couple of times. it is a safe, solid built scooter...unlike the Chinese built scooters we get over here in the U.S.A., which are a piece of junk with hard to get replacement parts. If you don't get in an accident it should last for a very long time.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Mel46 wrote:...unlike the Chinese built scooters we get over here in the U.S.A., which are a piece of junk with hard to get replacement parts.
I'm thinking that you are talking about the no-name internet scoots that are delivered to your driveway in a crate ("free shipping!") from China for several hundred $.
But, China is perfectly capable of producing well made scooters at a fairly low price....especially when built under the eye of a major, branded, company. Nearly as well built as those made in Thailand or Vietnam? Maybe not on par with the superb scoots made in Taiwan & Japan- and you guys seem to indicate that Italy assembles a pretty good Asian scooter.

Some good scooters are made in several countries - including China.
It will be interesting to see what Hero offers when they break into N. American two wheel sales. India has been building two wheel vehicles for a long time.

In some ways , we in the USA are like a 3rd world country when it comes to a selection of scooters - we just don't buy enough of them to get much attention, and we never will.
Fish
doletotodole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by doletotodole »

Daguang wrote:
doletotodole wrote:

welcome doletotodole, forza owner from Beijing :lol:
Hello, Sir, Forza is a great choice.
Daguang
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by Daguang »

fish wrote:
Mel46 wrote:...unlike the Chinese built scooters we get over here in the U.S.A., which are a piece of junk with hard to get replacement parts.
I'm thinking that you are talking about the no-name internet scoots that are delivered to your driveway in a crate ("free shipping!") from China for several hundred $.
But, China is perfectly capable of producing well made scooters at a fairly low price....especially when built under the eye of a major, branded, company. Nearly as well built as those made in Thailand or Vietnam? Maybe not on par with the superb scoots made in Taiwan & Japan- and you guys seem to indicate that Italy assembles a pretty good Asian scooter.

Some good scooters are made in several countries - including China.
It will be interesting to see what Hero offers when they break into N. American two wheel sales. India has been building two wheel vehicles for a long time.

In some ways , we in the USA are like a 3rd world country when it comes to a selection of scooters - we just don't buy enough of them to get much attention, and we never will.
Fish
Good Fish, pls accpet my respect.
You're very right China do can manufacture good motor bikes, not as well as Thailand or Vietnam, even better than them.
There are no enough good motor bikes in Chinese's domestic market because motorcycle driving is strongly forbidden or restricted in some small blocks in lots of China cities. More than 170 cities are executing this stupid prohibitive policy. Cheap bikes, usually 700 USD per one, are enough for rural use. Motor bike manufacturer lack of motivation to improve the bike technology, even world famous brands like HONDA and YAMAHA only provide simply and cheap bikes here, scooters included. In my opinion, PCX is definilely No.1 small scooter in the world but we can not get it via legal way here, that gives the explanation why doletotodole drives it illegal.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Unfortunately it is a fact that while China can build quality vehicles under name brands, their off brands are just not that well made, some even having old technology that is no longer used.
Yes, I was speaking of those imported scooters that you put together yourself. Keep in mind that Honda scooters come to the dealers in a crate as well, and it takes about an hour to put them together. When we purchased my wife's PCX she wanted a red one and it was still in a crate. We rode it home an hour later. Most of the owners of the cheap Chinese scooters that I know could not get theirs up and running in an hour, and when it broke the parts were non-existent.
And yet, Buicks are a top selling car in China, and I think I read that they are produced in China. That tells me that they can produce good quality products. Restrictions on quality imports do not change the quality of your own parts. That is only done when Quality becomes a way of life, especially at the factories.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Great pics. I especially like the last one.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
ribanold
Color: brown

Post by ribanold »

hi ang gratulation for your pcx

you can send me in a post what you pay for the firts inspektion, please.

best whishes from düsseldorf and on the picture you can see my price.

have a nice day
Attachments
pcx 2.jpg
pcx 2.jpg (323.37 KiB) Viewed 1320 times
pcx 2.jpg
pcx 2.jpg (323.37 KiB) Viewed 1320 times
pcx 1.jpg
pcx 1.jpg (339.36 KiB) Viewed 1320 times
THE LIFE IS WONDERFULL
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

My first service at 600 miles was a little over. $300. I know, it is a ridiculous price. That is why many of us do our own service after the first two. The reason that it costs so much is because of the labor of removing panels. There is no easy way to check and adjust the valves without removing the panels, starting in the rear and moving forward so they can reach the valves. You should watch them some time as they do that. They have to be careful not to break tabs.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150