New Member from the UK - Looking to Buy, A

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: New Member from the UK - Looking to Buy, A

Post by gn2 »

Goggle helmets like that are fashionable just now, but if you get an itchy nose you're screwed.
Nearly all full face helmets fit under the seat of a PCX.
Most flip fronts won't though and anything with aerodynamic fairings and projections likely won't either.

The cheapy PCX on eBay will probably be an unofficial import and there could be issues if you ever need to make a warranty claim.

The Nmax isn't available in the US, so the criticisms of its fuel tank location and issues posted here are likely erroneous and are for the Smax, a totally different scooter.
I've seen the PCX side by side with the Nmax and quality wise the Nmax wins it for me, but the ABS is the big factor, I just wouldn't buy anything without it.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
wrighty
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: White fastest!

Post by wrighty »

gn2 wrote:Goggle helmets like that are fashionable just now, but if you get an itchy nose you're screwed.
Nearly all full face helmets fit under the seat of a PCX.
Most flip fronts won't though and anything with aerodynamic fairings and projections likely won't either.

The cheapy PCX on eBay will probably be an unofficial import and there could be issues if you ever need to make a warranty claim.

The Nmax isn't available in the US, so the criticisms of its fuel tank location and issues posted here are likely erroneous and are for the Smax, a totally different scooter.
I've seen the PCX side by side with the Nmax and quality wise the Nmax wins it for me, but the ABS is the big factor, I just wouldn't buy anything without it.
Thanks again, do you have shares in Yamaha :lol: you like the NMax I think!

Seriously I like it too but not too fussed about abs, prefer a 12v socket! Strange how they left that out on the NMax.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Charging sockets can be had for much cheapness and are fairly easy to install, there's a number of threads on the subject on here because earlier PCXs didnt have one.

I'm not 100% sold on the Nmax, I just think its better value than the PCX if you're looking for that kind of thing.
If I was in the market for a 125 for city runaround duties it would be a yellow Vespa Sprint.
Currently you can get one for £3000 brand new which is about £800 discount.

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Mine doesn't, however, I'm fitting a Givi White Backbox over winter, so this won't be an issue.
aka DrewJW
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Charging sockets can be had for much cheapness and are fairly easy to install, there's a number of threads on the subject on here because earlier PCXs didnt have one.

I'm not 100% sold on the Nmax, I just think its better value than the PCX if you're looking for that kind of thing.
If I was in the market for a 125 for city runaround duties it would be a yellow Vespa Sprint.
Currently you can get one for £3000 brand new which is about £800 discount.

Good tip.