rocks & front fenders

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

rocks & front fenders

Post by homie »

For the longest time the occasional noise of a rock coming off the tire tread and rattling through the front fender would make me think something fell off the bike. Its the most disturbing sound and baffled me for a while. Now I recognize it as a front fender thing, the result of really tight clearance between tire and fender. Have you guys heard this? We never go off road but if we did this this would drive me crazy.
Lanesplitter
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Re: rocks & front fenders

Post by Lanesplitter »

Over recently chip sealed roads I've heard that rattle, but I've not had big stones get flung into the fender.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Lanesplitter wrote:Over recently chip sealed roads I've heard that rattle, but I've not had big stones get flung into the fender.
Yes you are correct... all these incidents involved close by surface road work come to think of it. Because in Chicago there are two seasons, winter and road work.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

I heard this the other week while riding over an unsealed road, and I thought I was dragging something along with me until it fell out.
Needless to say I was looking behind me for what fell off the bike! o_O
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
Lanesplitter wrote:Over recently chip sealed roads I've heard that rattle, but I've not had big stones get flung into the fender.
Yes you are correct... all these incidents involved close by surface road work come to think of it. Because in Chicago there are two seasons, winter and road work.

:D I'll pinch that one of I may