03 Burgman 400

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: 03 Burgman 400

Post by chicaboo »

flyingzonker wrote:
chicaboo wrote:I understand. :geek:
Would you care to elaborate?
Ishky walked away from the Burgman sale at $3k and then the seller contacts him 2 weeks later with even higher price at $3.5k to see if he's still interested.
In that time he bought the PCX and never bought the ever appreciating Burgman, and lived happily ever after.
Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by Ishkabibble »

The seller of the Burgman was trying to start a bidding war, most likely to inflate his ego. He had tried to trade it in at the local Suzuki dealer and they only offered him $2100 in trade. He thought he was a better salesman than that, and was trying to make it seem like he had a rare jewel. Apparently, he had read some book on how to use psychology in sales, and thought he could invoke the scarcity principle to sell. I know one of the guys at the dealership. He was one of my students. and told me all about it.
I found something to put here.
Add yourself to the PCX-Forza Owner's Map!
Go here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ULV6Ib-uKsjMpWaPzPwAXmfB7vU&usp=sharing
For instructions how to add yourself go here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6437#p88888

Be sure to add your Model, year, color, and name if your scoot has one!
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Scarcity is the worst reason to purchase a vehicle. Limited parts and dealer support being prime factors.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I believe member chicaboo is agreeing with you fly. And I'm the 3rd.
Ish, was the guy just busting your ___ by calling and asking for $500.00 more? He must have a lot of time on his hands :roll:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Okay, now I'm up to date. I just read recent postings (that were posted while I was still typing) - don't cha love when That happens :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by Ishkabibble »

First, the "scarcity principle" as it relates to human psychology has nothing to do with whether or not a particular item itself is scarce. It has to do with the person interested in it thinking it's rare, valuable, and that everyone else wants it, so that makes them more likely to impulse-buy or outbid others, in the quest to be the only one to have it.

One of the guys who works at the local Suzuki dealership is a former student of mine. According to him the guy really wanted people to get into a bidding war because he was unhappy with what the dealership offered him in trade. So he called people who had been interested and told them that someone else had offered $X, were they willing to offer $Y more dollars for his perfect, mint-condition, one-of-a-kind ride?

Ham-fisted, heavy-handed, and really egotistical, if you ask me.
I found something to put here.
Add yourself to the PCX-Forza Owner's Map!
Go here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ULV6Ib-uKsjMpWaPzPwAXmfB7vU&usp=sharing
For instructions how to add yourself go here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6437#p88888

Be sure to add your Model, year, color, and name if your scoot has one!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

You know what you do when you buy a bigger bike, don't you? Road trip!! :-) Take that baby out and ride! I took mine on the road and spent most of the day 'in the saddle', just enjoying the back country roads. Time passed quickly on it and I wasn't tired at all. It is a lot more comfortable than the PCX, and I mounted my camera on the handlebars and shot footage through the windshield. The videos came out quite nice, with no real vibration.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

Mel46 wrote:You know what you do when you buy a bigger bike, don't you? Road trip!! :-) Take that baby out and ride! I took mine on the road and spent most of the day 'in the saddle', just enjoying the back country roads. Time passed quickly on it and I wasn't tired at all. It is a lot more comfortable than the PCX, and I mounted my camera on the handlebars and shot footage through the windshield. The videos came out quite nice, with no real vibration.
I intend to take it a few hundred miles--but first I have to swap out the tires. The bike itself has 10,000 miles on it and the tires have never been changed. They are date marked 44 05. Which makes them almost exactly 11 years old.

I wanted to try to go darkside but have not been able to find a car tire to match the 130/70/13 tire of the 06 Burgman. 07 and onwards is a different story. Those bikes can be darksided fairly easily.
ribanold
Year: 2016
Color: brown

Post by ribanold »

good evening, gentlemen

gratulation to the verry nice an 400 burgmann.

i have 2 an 650 burgman for 3 years. the name is: exekutive

for me it was verry impotrtend teh final drive, it is not to destruction. and the baggage room under the seat from over 50 ltr. are wonderfull.

i have with this famous bike--yes, i can say: it is a bike!!!-- and my woman in a year 150 o00 km driving, spain , italy france and norway.

wonderfull relax sittingposition, he drinkig when you drive slow 5-6 liters of 100 km and he is--when you want --verry fast: 175 km/h.

and in the little street in the mountain you dont have fraid for big bikes, whne you al little grazy and you are a good biker, you can kill menny bikes .

OK GENTLEMAN; HAVE A NCE EVENING; SEND KLAUS FOM GERMANY
Attachments
passi-3.jpg
passi-3.jpg (25.08 KiB) Viewed 552 times
AN650 2.jpg
AN650 2.jpg (421.94 KiB) Viewed 552 times
6783236rxp.jpg
6783236rxp.jpg (113.19 KiB) Viewed 552 times
THE LIFE IS WONDERFULL
ribanold
Year: 2016
Color: brown

Post by ribanold »

SORRY.

i am not driving 150 000 km,........i am driving with th an 650 15. 000 km in a year.

and the best tires are: metzeler feelfree, this is verry good too for the an 400!!!

byby from germany
THE LIFE IS WONDERFULL
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

ribanold wrote:SORRY.

i am not driving 150 000 km,........i am driving with th an 650 15. 000 km in a year.

and the best tires are: metzeler feelfree, this is verry good too for the an 400!!!

byby from germany
Right, Metzelers are the way to go.

Your bikes are really beautiful. The Burgman is hard to beat.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Offered my VW bus at " $1500 OBO"
Sold it for $1800 best offer.
PO'd a few buyers.
I lost sleep. ....
Sure
Power of great photos in the ad.
Buyers from three States
Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

ribanold, the Burgman 650 Exectutive is one of the best touring scooters I have ever seen. BMW came along and outdid them, but I would still prefer the Burgman. I had friends who used theirs to tour the country, traveling all the way across the United States and back on them. The Exectutive has the adjustable windshield, hand warmers and other things that the standard 650 doesn't have. It is hard to find in the United States.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers