Scooter videos

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Scooter videos

Post by gn2 »

easyrider wrote: Yep and your still dead..

http://jalopnik.com/this-is-why-lane-sp ... 1550639938
That isn't evidence of why filtering is dangerous, that's evidence of why incompetent riding is dangerous.
Filtering done properly simply isn't dangerous.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Filtering is fine, and those who whine about it, are stuck in backwards lands where they made it illegal due to cagers having zero spatial awareness.

One of mine; found a new road I plan to learn :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCN0n2lNxrA
aka DrewJW
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Stupid is what stupid does... I just don't like trusting other drivers (cagers) when I am on a two wheeler. All studies show that when splitting lanes at a higher speed than traffic you are at a higher risk of an accident. Split all you want..just wear a good helmet and have your health insurance paid up.. Have at it.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

easyrider wrote:Stupid is what stupid does... I just don't like trusting other drivers (cagers) when I am on a two wheeler. All studies show that when splitting lanes at a higher speed than traffic you are at a higher risk of an accident. Split all you want..just wear a good helmet and have your health insurance paid up.. Have at it.

And you could be at home having a shit when a jet engine falls off a plane and smashes into the house.

I'd rather go enjoying my bike not by following studies done by people that probably have never even ridden a bike.
aka DrewJW
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

easyrider wrote:I just don't like trusting other drivers (cagers) when I am on a two wheeler.
So ride on your own private road instead of venturing out among the public.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

DrewJW wrote:
easyrider wrote:Stupid is what stupid does... I just don't like trusting other drivers (cagers) when I am on a two wheeler. All studies show that when splitting lanes at a higher speed than traffic you are at a higher risk of an accident. Split all you want..just wear a good helmet and have your health insurance paid up.. Have at it.

And you could be at home having a shit when a jet engine falls off a plane and smashes into the house.

I'd rather go enjoying my bike not by following studies done by people that probably have never even ridden a bike.
Its just sour grapes because its illegal where he lives in the "land of the free" :lol:
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

All right... back to the topic of scooter videos. I decided to make a long winded one so you people can make fun of it and maybe this thread dosent go bad and get closed.

Here it is... yuk it up :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD8dBXtRO0o
Lanesplitter
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by Lanesplitter »

DrewJW wrote:Filtering is fine, and those who whine about it, are stuck in backwards lands where they made it illegal due to cagers having zero spatial awareness.

One of mine; found a new road I plan to learn :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCN0n2lNxrA
Nice roads. :-)
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

gn2 wrote:
DrewJW wrote:

Its just sour grapes because its illegal where he lives in the "land of the free" :lol:
LOL.. as I said stupid is what stupid does so laws are generally made to protect the stupid . Interesting to note however that in all States it is illegal for a motorist to overtake another motorist in the same lane. That in effect makes it illegal if you are hit and you are in the same lane as the vehicle you overtake..Even in California.. Better make sure when you get hit you are on the other side of the white line or you will be charged, rather your remains will be charged with an infraction. So guess well as you whizz pass the stupid.Another dimension of the laws in California is that if you are traveling at a higher rate of speed than the existing traffic conditions it can be considered unreasonable speed and also an infraction you can be charged with. Good luck .. Best of health.. Ride on !!!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

homie, thanks for that video on the kellyco detector. Please update how you like it after some use. You might find the Gold with this little gem 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:homie, thanks for that video on the kellyco detector. Please update how you like it after some use. You might find the Gold with this little gem 8)
I know right? BIG FUN! lots of outdoor summer concerts and gatherings this time of year. Fields of Dreams after the crowds go home, I get excited. Gold, silver and coin laying right on top of the ground. Now it's just a scoot away :lol:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

easyrider wrote: LOL.. as I said stupid is what stupid does so laws are generally made to protect the stupid . Interesting to note however that in all States it is illegal for a motorist to overtake another motorist in the same lane. That in effect makes it illegal if you are hit and you are in the same lane as the vehicle you overtake..Even in California.. Better make sure when you get hit you are on the other side of the white line or you will be charged, rather your remains will be charged with an infraction. So guess well as you whizz pass the stupid.Another dimension of the laws in California is that if you are traveling at a higher rate of speed than the existing traffic conditions it can be considered unreasonable speed and also an infraction you can be charged with. Good luck .. Best of health.. Ride on !!!
Them grapes sure ain't gettin' any sweeter any time soon.
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

Just found this

Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

WhiteNoise wrote:Fish, can you put up a sample video to make your point so it's "visible" to us? I for one would appreciate it. I've never shot a video while moving on my scooter. I figure it mounts chest height and off you go. Guess there's much more to it. Member homie does real good at this.

Lanesplitter, I think you did real good too. Lovin' the curvy roads with super scenery. Jealous :)
From my cell I can't easily do that.....but on youtube watch the guy on the little Honda Metropolitan cruising about California. ...camping....mountain roads...desert, etc.
It's not rocket science to mount camera other places on a scooter. I know it is a thrill for the new video camera owner to discover that he can now make a video of moving pavement while sitting on his scooter. ...but the novelty of his discovery has long since worn off for many of us. Interesting narrative skills are sadly also not part of the camera package....but the ability to speak on camera remains a thrill for the new owner....if not the viewer.
This is only a plea to many moto videographers that you are producing tape that only a mother would find interesting...and not even then - when it's laced with Jr High girl's profanity.
Fish
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

DAB wrote:Just found this

The Honda Ruckus camping Utah desert following this video is superb!!!
Fish
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

Them grapes sure ain't gettin' any sweeter any time soon.[/quote]

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong.. VERY TRUE ! An honest man !
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

DAB wrote:Just found this

It's so simple even a woman can do it... times have changed :lol: