Thieving Scum

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Blubayou
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX125
Color: White

Thieving Scum

Post by Blubayou »

Well 04:50 this morning my lad hears something outside. Looks out the window & there's a bloke sitting on my bike, who then calmly gets off and immediately does a runner, he does not look up or around.

The steering lock is smashed.

This is in a quiet Close, very early in the morning. Most Scum is asleep.

I believe a lookout must have tipped the thief off, sounds like a professional job to me.

Any advice?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Thieving Scum

Post by gn2 »

Advice depends on damage done and your insurance excess and inch status.
If the scrimmage have only damaged the lock, fixing it yourself could be the best option.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I know that this is after the fact but after it is fixed I wonder if you could purchase a "Scat Mat" that shocks cats or dogs that get up on your furniture. It either runs from a wall outlet with ano inline converter, or off of a 9 volt battery. I would go with the 9 volt battery. Then crank it up, put it on your seat, cover it with a towel that you have held on by a strap or two, and I will bet they will be sorry they messed with your bike.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Mel46 wrote:I know that this is after the fact but after it is fixed I wonder if you could purchase a "Scat Mat" that shocks cats or dogs that get up on your furniture. It either runs from a wall outlet with ano inline converter, or off of a 9 volt battery. I would go with the 9 volt battery. Then crank it up, put it on your seat, cover it with a towel that you have held on by a strap or two, and I will bet they will be sorry they messed with your bike.
LOL he would have more than a damaged ignition. Once my dad got tire of Chief walking back from the bar and stopping to pee every night on the car port in the alley. So he rigged up something similar and Chief never pee'd again.
Attachments
mac&chief.jpg
mac&chief.jpg (8.92 KiB) Viewed 1234 times
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

gn2 wrote:Advice depends on damage done and your insurance excess and inch status.
If the scrimmage have only damaged the lock, fixing it yourself could be the best option.
Hmmm, the auto correct on my phone has gone into overdrive....
Inch should have been ncb, scrimmage should have been scumbags
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

I wonder if it's worth the bother to fix the steering lock. All these devices seem to do is give thieves a little preliminary exercise before they get down to stealing bikes.

Put a disc lock on the front wheel. Lock a chain through the back wheel and the swing arm. Make it hard to steal, and make it look hard too.

If you don't have a secured garage you can keep it in, wheel it into the house. Anything is better (almost) than a stolen bike.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

gn2 wrote:
gn2 wrote:Advice depends on damage done and your insurance excess and inch status.
Hmmm, the auto correct on my phone has gone into overdrive....
Inch should have been ncb, scrimmage should have been scumbags
:lol: :lol: I was wondering about that. I lived in the UK at one time, and didn't recall those idioms. But what is ncb? Is it a UK insurance term?
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
outlander
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by outlander »

Yes he means insurance no claims bonus.

Scumbags, I had the same experience to when I lived in England. No one tries that crap now. Not unless they want some 45 Acp.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

Get a decent chain, 15mm thick or such so normal bolt cutters wont be any use and a good place to lock it to - and one of those cheap Ebay blu-tooth movement alarm sender things.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Mel46 wrote:I know that this is after the fact but after it is fixed I wonder if you could purchase a "Scat Mat" that shocks cats or dogs that get up on your furniture. It either runs from a wall outlet with ano inline converter, or off of a 9 volt battery. I would go with the 9 volt battery. Then crank it up, put it on your seat, cover it with a towel that you have held on by a strap or two, and I will bet they will be sorry they messed with your bike.
Mel, as absurd as it seems, if you do something like what you suggest in the US, you will actually be held liable if the person is injured or decides to sue. It seem bizarre, but that is the law. :o o_O
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

kramnala58 wrote:
Mel, as absurd as it seems, if you do something like what you suggest in the US, you will actually be held liable if the person is injured or decides to sue. It seem bizarre, but that is the law. :o o_O
Yes those were the good O'l days when you just dealt with problems yourself and the criminals never thought to seek retribution through the courts and judges wouldn't hear them if they did. If you parked in the crosswalk like people do now at the grocery store the old man would climb up and walk over the hood of your beater car in his cowboy boots... looking back these memories make me proud.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

That is really Crazy! We have a problem with the neighbor'S cat and had to resort to one of those to keep it off. So now I have to worry about some dips hit who tries to steal my bike because he might get hurt while in the process??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Mel you are suppose to have companion for the under privileged who would be so disparate to resort to theft. The criminal is the victim Mel you know that. You are just showing off to have something nice sitting in the parking lot and its not fair. Everyone should be given a new scooter and large successful business should be made to pay for them :)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

And we shouldn't work all of our lives because getting it free is better, especially at someone's expense. In fact, stealing is OK because you can go to church and be forgiven so that you are now free to do it again. In fact, if you get caught it is everyone else who is at fault. Poor poor you. Just because you are lazy you shouldn't be without, should you?? Same principle applies for carrying a gun and robbing people. You just had enough money to buy the gun and bullets, and you deserve more, so taking it by force is ok 'cause you want it and you are too lazy to work for it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

LOL lets go to Church Mel, I like you... before we get banned. So much stuff happening in the world right now all forums are struggling to toe the line. Lets just watch the news, yell at the TV and RIDE SCOOTERS!!!!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

In the UK if someone breaks into your house, smashes things up and hurts someone, if you hurt them, you get done too. Human rights BS to the extreme. Same with thieves, you hurt them they sue you.
Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by Ishkabibble »

All this "human rights to the extreme BS", "large successful businesses", and the "criminal is the victim" is nothing more than hyperbole and partisan talking points designed to stir up the masses.

I honestly don't think any of that belongs in either this thread, or this forum. It's neither factually correct, nor topical.

Excuse me for pointing it out, but all those statements are decidedly politically-oriented.
I found something to put here.
Add yourself to the PCX-Forza Owner's Map!
Go here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ULV6Ib-uKsjMpWaPzPwAXmfB7vU&usp=sharing
For instructions how to add yourself go here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6437#p88888

Be sure to add your Model, year, color, and name if your scoot has one!
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

Ishkabibble wrote:All this "human rights to the extreme BS", "large successful businesses", and the "criminal is the victim" is nothing more than hyperbole and partisan talking points designed to stir up the masses.

I honestly don't think any of that belongs in either this thread, or this forum. It's neither factually correct, nor topical.

Excuse me for pointing it out, but all those statements are decidedly politically-oriented.
Couldn't agree more. Just more campaign rhetoric.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Campaign? Your both from the US, I stated UK law - just fact not trying to sway votes in your country. Over here you can get done if someone breaks into your property and injures themselves!, so don't go out of your way to harm someone stealing from you, in this case your bike, just make it very hard for them to bother in the 1st place with good thick chains and locks - not the 10-12mm kind which can easily be bolt cropped.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

iceman wrote:In the UK if someone breaks into your house, smashes things up and hurts someone, if you hurt them, you get done too.
Wrong.
You are allowed to use reasonable force.
More info here: https://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/pro ... lders.html