Scooto-vlog #2

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Scooto-vlog #2

Post by honkerman »

In this installment, there are many wildlifes...well, wild-deads...and some lifes

Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Scooto-vlog #2

Post by honkerman »

In episode 3, there are many bikes, including a guy wearing an ironic helmet, a Moto Guzzi, a BSA, and a white PCX.

Regular blog post is here:

http://scootinfool.blogspot.com/2016/07 ... cheap.html

If you want to just skip to the video, here it is:

Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

Another day, another scooter vlog. I'll tell ya, riding with a guitar on yer back is...interesting.

Regular blog post here:

http://scootinfool.blogspot.com/2016/07 ... think.html

Direct link to YouTube Video is here:

Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

I am about a third of the way through the first video(I will continue watching a little at a time)--I think your commentary is interesting, but you have not yet quite got the audio-visual aspects adjusted to perfection so that the picture and sound are easy to watch and listen to. I'm sure, if you continue, you will get that ironed out.

That being said, I like the scenery, reminds me of rural Wisc. or Illinois. The dogs in the back of the little convertible are cute--but, get back away from that damn thing before someone slams on its brakes and you do a double back flip and land on its hood!
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

flyingzonker wrote:I am about a third of the way through the first video(I will continue watching a little at a time)--I think your commentary is interesting, but you have not yet quite got the audio-visual aspects adjusted to perfection so that the picture and sound are easy to watch and listen to. I'm sure, if you continue, you will get that ironed out.

That being said, I like the scenery, reminds me of rural Wisc. or Illinois. The dogs in the back of the little convertible are cute--but, get back away from that damn thing before someone slams on its brakes and you do a double back flip and land on its hood!
Thanks for the input. Hehe, I'm not close to the car at all. I zoomed in.

As you continue to watch, you'll find that it improves. The most recent video especially.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by flyingzonker »

Yes, it is getting better. The side cam is a little over exposed, seems to me, but does a pretty good job. The engine noise seems to interfere with your soliloquy to an undesirable extent, no?

Yamaha puts out good guitars--especially those that are made in Japan--it is funny how that phrase, "made in Japan" has changed meaning. When I was a kid--a long time ago--if you said something was "made in Japan" you were calling it junk. Today it means something like,"you're getting the best".
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

flyingzonker wrote:Yes, it is getting better. The side cam is a little over exposed, seems to me, but does a pretty good job. The engine noise seems to interfere with your soliloquy to an undesirable extent, no?

Yamaha puts out good guitars--especially those that are made in Japan--it is funny how that phrase, "made in Japan" has changed meaning. When I was a kid--a long time ago--if you said something was "made in Japan" you were calling it junk. Today it means something like,"you're getting the best".
I've observed that the exhaust is a bit obtrusive at times. Perhaps if I move the mic to the other side of my helmet, or I may just stick the baffle back into the pipe.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lanesplitter
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Lanesplitter »

Why is the exhaust so loud? Did you do something to turn it up? Mine isn't that loud at the helmet. I wear full face, maybe you don't?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

flyingzonker wrote:When I was a kid--a long time ago--if you said something was "made in Japan" you were calling it junk. Today it means something like,"you're getting the best".
"Made in Thailand" is the new "made in Japan"
I've had two made in Thailand Hondas, there won't be a third.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

Lanesplitter wrote:Why is the exhaust so loud? Did you do something to turn it up? Mine isn't that loud at the helmet. I wear full face, maybe you don't?
Mine is an aftermarket exhaust...with no baffle in it.

Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by flyingzonker »

honkerman wrote:
Lanesplitter wrote:Why is the exhaust so loud? Did you do something to turn it up? Mine isn't that loud at the helmet. I wear full face, maybe you don't?
Mine is an aftermarket exhaust...with no baffle in it.
That is what may be killing your sound. Well, killing is not the right word. The sound is really not so bad, but anything that makes listening fatiguing is working counter to your purposes, no?

Still, your vids are not half bad and should be commended. I don't know where the hell I come off being a perfectionist in this matter when I haven't made a single motovlog vid and probably never will.
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by flyingzonker »

[quote="gn2
"Made in Thailand" is the new "made in Japan"
I've had two made in Thailand Hondas, there won't be a third.[/quote]

Thailand is not the place to go for excellence in fabrication and mass-production, at least not for a while. But the religious atmosphere (in some parts) is very attractive to New Agers who are well off enough to be able to take advantage of it.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Re: Made In Thailand, with having lived here for a number of years, I would say that you get what you pay for. When I buy cheap, I get cheap. When I pay a good price, I typically get a good product.

ISO standards are followed by most international companies who have set up shop in Thailand. Incidentally, a significant port of computer hard drives in the world are made in Thailand.

Are there a pile of knock-off products made (and sold) in Thailand that many times are not worth the money, absolutely. But I think it is unfair to say that Made In Thailand automatically means it is an inferior product.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

kramnala58 wrote:Re: Made In Thailand, with having lived here for a number of years, I would say that you get what you pay for. When I buy cheap, I get cheap. When I pay a good price, I typically get a good product.
ISO standards are followed by most international companies who have set up shop in Thailand. Incidentally, a significant port of computer hard drives in the world are made in Thailand.
Are there a pile of knock-off products made (and sold) in Thailand that many times are not worth the money, absolutely. But I think it is unfair to say that Made In Thailand automatically means it is an inferior product.
May explain why hard drive reliability is dire now compared to drives made 5-10 years ago. Not sure where drives are made, but as you said a large proportion were now made in Thailand.
https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-dri ... y-q4-2015/
http://arstechnica.co.uk/information-te ... -alarming/
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

iceman wrote:
kramnala58 wrote:Re: Made In Thailand, with having lived here for a number of years, I would say that you get what you pay for. When I buy cheap, I get cheap. When I pay a good price, I typically get a good product.
May explain why hard drive reliability is dire now compared to drives made 5-10 years ago. Not sure where drives are made, but as you said a large proportion were now made in Thailand.
Hard drives have been made in Thailand much longer than 5 years ago. Some of us may remember back in 2011 where stores world wide had hard drive shortages due to severe flooding in Thailand which closed many of the manufacturing plants.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

Heheh, conversation seems to have drifted a bit. Still interesting though, so I don't mind.

Back on topic though, I've put the baffle back in my exhaust. I listened to the audio from today and moving the mic made little if any noticeable difference. So, while I personally enjoy making a racket, having people actually watch my videos trumps that.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

Did a short bit about highway riding. Hope you enjoy!

Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube