Left over, new, 2014 Forzas availiable

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

SteveP
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: red

Left over, new, 2014 Forzas availiable

Post by SteveP »

Took my Forza into the dealer today to have the brake fitting recall done (complete in about 2 hours...no problem found) and noticed the dealer till has 2 new 2014 Forzas for sale. Price on the sales card said "$4699"...didn't ask if that's still an "asking" price. Dealer is World of Powersports in Peoria, IL 309-685-6284
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Silver

Re: Left over, new, 2014 Forzas availiable

Post by davenowherejones »

A local dealer near Vancouver, BC, Canada also reports having new 2014 Forza's still in the box. They were really expensive in Canada when they were first announced, like double what they sell for now. Honda must have thought people would go nuts and buy thousands of them. The Forza is a below average quality 250cc scooter. I mostly like mine but it has some annoying small design problems.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Unfortunately its a three year old scooter by the book? Why not wait for a new one of current year. ?If its three years old it should be priced as a three year old scooter because that's how the depreciation book of values see it ??
I know that outboard engine manufacturers no longer go by year. They go by serial number /model number and that determines the date of manufacture, this way they get around the depreciation of a new old motor.
pullin_gs
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Red

Post by pullin_gs »

easyrider wrote:Unfortunately its a three year old scooter by the book? Why not wait for a new one of current year
Because 2014 can be had NEW for $2999 in USA if you look around?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

easyrider wrote:Why not wait for a new one of current year. ?
Because its exactly the same scooter on sale now as was on sale in 2014.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

Somebody who doesn't already own one is going to get a huge bargain on a great scooter at that price.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
Steveston

Post by Steveston »

^ Like me! I bought one of the 2014 zero-on-the-odometer Forzas for C$4400 (roughly US$3400).
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Steveston wrote:^ Like me! I bought one of the 2014 zero-on-the-odometer Forzas for C$4400 (roughly US$3400).
Where did you buy it?

Order a set of tires right now. I am still trying to get a Michelin CityGrip Rear in Hope.

Lubricate the brakes, Honda didn't do my 14.

Order a tall screen if you want to do highways.

The correct Honda oil is not available in Canada (???)

Check the recalls.

Spark plugs are hard to get and expensive.

The gas gauge is weird. It does not move for the first 100 km then it goes to zero for the next 100 km and after zero you still have 100 km left.

The ABS works really fast. Be prepared to put your foot down quickly because these brakes slow you down in a hurry if you hit them hard.

Top speed seems to be 130 kmph.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Too bad it is not closer to the western end of New York state. I wonder if dealers can move them from dealer to dealer and state to state, and what the cost would be?
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
pullin_gs
Regular User
Regular User

Post by pullin_gs »

kramnala58 wrote:Too bad it is not closer to the western end of New York state. I wonder if dealers can move them from dealer to dealer and state to state, and what the cost would be?
It probably depends on the dealer.
I asked the very same question to my dealer and he firmly said no. Stated that I must come to the dealership personally to pick up. I ended up renting a u-haul motorcycle trailer for $20 and took a day off work to pick it up.
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Dark blue

Post by DailyRider »

pullin_gs wrote:
kramnala58 wrote:Too bad it is not closer to the western end of New York state. I wonder if dealers can move them from dealer to dealer and state to state, and what the cost would be?
It probably depends on the dealer.
I asked the very same question to my dealer and he firmly said no. Stated that I must come to the dealership personally to pick up. I ended up renting a u-haul motorcycle trailer for $20 and took a day off work to pick it up.
I think some dealers trust each other and are in sharing networks, but that's up to the local dealer and whether the price is high enough to make it worth the effort.
Steveston

Post by Steveston »

davenowherejones wrote:
Steveston wrote:^ Like me! I bought one of the 2014 zero-on-the-odometer Forzas for C$4400 (roughly US$3400).
Where did you buy it?

Order a set of tires right now. I am still trying to get a Michelin CityGrip Rear in Hope.

Lubricate the brakes, Honda didn't do my 14.

Order a tall screen if you want to do highways.

The correct Honda oil is not available in Canada (???)

Check the recalls.

Spark plugs are hard to get and expensive.

The gas gauge is weird. It does not move for the first 100 km then it goes to zero for the next 100 km and after zero you still have 100 km left.

The ABS works really fast. Be prepared to put your foot down quickly because these brakes slow you down in a hurry if you hit them hard.

Top speed seems to be 130 kmph.
Got it from Carter Honda Motorsports last weekend.

Order a set of tires right now?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I am trying to get a rear Michelin CityGrip from Big Top in Chilliwack, it has to come from Quebec and is taking a long time. Something to do with the mail strike & couriers overloaded. I ran out of rubber and I am parked until I get a new rear.

I like Carter but it takes forever to get there from Hope, BC. I went to Holeshot and traffic was bumper to bumper on the number one both ways. The 4 lanes they built in 1968 are not good enough anymore, useless governments.
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

easyrider wrote:Unfortunately its a three year old scooter by the book? Why not wait for a new one of current year. ?If its three years old it should be priced as a three year old scooter because that's how the depreciation book of values see it ??
That's assuming that they're pre-registered.
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

davenowherejones wrote:I am trying to get a rear Michelin CityGrip from Big Top in Chilliwack, it has to come from Quebec and is taking a long time. Something to do with the mail strike & couriers overloaded. I ran out of rubber and I am parked until I get a new rear.

I like Carter but it takes forever to get there from Hope, BC. I went to Holeshot and traffic was bumper to bumper on the number one both ways. The 4 lanes they built in 1968 are not good enough anymore, useless governments.
I've ordered a lot of tires from Canada's Motorcycle lately.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

Steveston,

Please don't worry about those brand-new factory tires; they're fine until you get tired of them or they wear out. Nothing wrong or unsafe about them.

IMHO of course,

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

The factory Dunlop tires were reasonably OK. I got 9800 km (6000 miles) on the rear before I replaced it after getting a big staple in it. The front went 21,000 km (13,000 miles) before I wanted to replace it to match the rear. The rear Michelin is at 16,000 km (10,000 miles) but very BALD.

Just as a general complaint, motorcycle tires should last longer, I know that they don't but they should.

I do a lot of high speed riding on the Forza. The tires were all good in the rain. Our roads are not the highest quality.

The Michelin I am waiting for has to come from somewhere around Montreal by truck and Canada is a big ass country.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Nothing wrong with the stock tyres although many disagree. I've now ridden for 27 months on them five days/week and no issues (and we have had horrible weather and flooded roads). My rear still has lots of life in it - as good 4mm tread depth. Maybe my bike got fitted with super IRC's but no complaints so far.
E. Foster Salsbury
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015 NSS300A

Post by E. Foster Salsbury »

iceman wrote:Nothing wrong with the stock tyres although many disagree. I've now ridden for 27 months on them five days/week and no issues (and we have had horrible weather and flooded roads). My rear still has lots of life in it - as good 4mm tread depth. Maybe my bike got fitted with super IRC's but no complaints so far.
This is a Forza 300 thread.
Salsbury
2015 Forza 300ABS-2km 10/17/2015
Pat Anderson
Year: 2015
Color: white

Post by Pat Anderson »

pullin_gs wrote:
easyrider wrote:Unfortunately its a three year old scooter by the book? Why not wait for a new one of current year
Because 2014 can be had NEW for $2999 in USA if you look around?
I would be very interested to see where you think you can get a new 2014 Forza for $2,999 in the US. Post a link to some dealer with that price. I would believe $4,999 or even $3,999 but not $2,999.

All Forzas are 2014, aren't they? There are no newer ones that I have seen, nor older either. It was obviously a scooter that did not catch on in the US. That doesn't mean it wasn't a decent scooter. I have a 2014 Forza purchased in 2013 (don't ask what I paid) and a 2015 PCX150. i mostly ride the PCX150 but apparently can't afford to sell the Forza...maybe it will become a collectors item, like the Edsel!
Pat & Patty Anderson
Birch Bay, WA
Red 2014 Forza 300 ABS (scoot is FOR SALE!)
White 2015 PCX150 (Pat's scoot)
Red 2013 PCX150 (Patty's scoot)