Please help

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

bobontour
Year: 2016
Color: White

Please help

Post by bobontour »

Hi all,
I have just got my new PCX 125 last week and tonight on my way home I noticed the PGM-FI light had come on (and stayed on), so I drove it home slower. Got it home and put it on it's stand and the light does 3 flashes and then it goes off for about 2 sec then it starts flashing 3 times again and so on.
I phoned the Honda dealer when I got home, they said services will phone me back when they can but it was home time. will have to wait until tomorrow.
Now I have not got my bike to get me to work in the morning.
Is this an easy thing to fix?
Thanks to all
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Re: Please help

Post by honkerman »

Well, easy is often a relative thing with anything electronic or mechanical. I need you to clarify, is it three steady blinks, or a slow blink then two fast blinks, or two slow blinks then a fast blink?

Also, I know Whitenoise will be here soon to say it, but it would be most helpful if you would go into your profile and add your location and your scooter year and model.

Thanks kindly
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
bobontour

Post by bobontour »

Sorry new at this. It is this year 2016 Honda PCX 125. It is 3 steady blinks and then a 2 sec gap then 3 steady blinks and a 2 SC gap and so on. But when I was riding home it was a on all the time.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes Paul, I showed up :)
Hey Bob, do us a favor please and add your location to "your profile." I have easy to follow directions below my post.
Adding that will definitely help us to help you now and in the future! It will.....really ;)
Happy Safe Trails
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

It does sound a bit like a fault code
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

you you wrote:It does sound a bit like a fault code
Doesn't it?

Sadly, my manual is of no help, it's the 2013 manual and there is not a three blink code in the list. Unless someone else can help, You can take it to someone who has the proper equipment to read the code, or get a service manual and figure it out.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
bobontour

Post by bobontour »

Hi guys, bike getting picked up tomorrow as only had it less than a week, will see what they say. Will keep you posted and thanks
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)

Post by iceman »

I believe that is a MAP sensor defect or loose connection (manifold absolute pressure). Either faulty from the start of something came loose at some point. Hopefully your delear will be familiar enough with this issue or be able to quickly locate the problem.
bobontour

Post by bobontour »

Thanks Iceman, I hope so!