2011 PCX in need of more power. Suggestions for a bb kit?

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Scoot_FIN
Year: 2011
Color: white

2011 PCX in need of more power. Suggestions for a bb kit?

Post by Scoot_FIN »

Howdy all,

Since Honda in its infinite wisdom does not import Forza 300 to Finland, I think I'll have no other choice than tinker with my 2011 PCX 125. Currently she has Malossi Multivar 2000 (+ the clutch spring that came with the set) and Malossi exhaust. She's peppy enough in the city, but could most certainly use some more oomph on the highways.

There are many big-bore cylinders available, therefore I'd like more experienced users to recommend me a cylinder and new head, if needed. Please notice that I intend to keep using my Malossi exhaust, so hope that is not going to be a problem. Preferably a kit that doesn't have to be taken apart for maintenance all the time.

I'm looking for more power, so that when I replace the original rear tire with a taller one, I will also gain more top speed. Not much, but it would be nice to be able to maintain "real" 110 - 115kph even against some wind. Now wind and hills tend to make her struggle too much and the speed drops a bit. I suppose even a 164cc cylinder would be quite an improvement, as the current one is only 124cc.

So, what does the esteemed members of this forum say? Let's make a shopping list!

BR,

Scooterist from Finland
PCX 125 (2011), Givi windshield, Malossi Multivar 2000 w/ 10,5g rollers, yellow Malossi clutch spring and Malossi RX exhaust
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2012
Color: Silver

Re: 2011 PCX in need of more power. Suggestions for a bb kit

Post by lolofigo »

Scoot_FIN wrote:Howdy all,

Since Honda in its infinite wisdom does not import Forza 300 to Finland, I think I'll have no other choice than tinker with my 2011 PCX 125. Currently she has Malossi Multivar 2000 (+ the clutch spring that came with the set) and Malossi exhaust. She's peppy enough in the city, but could most certainly use some more oomph on the highways.

There are many big-bore cylinders available, therefore I'd like more experienced users to recommend me a cylinder and new head, if needed. Please notice that I intend to keep using my Malossi exhaust, so hope that is not going to be a problem. Preferably a kit that doesn't have to be taken apart for maintenance all the time.

I'm looking for more power, so that when I replace the original rear tire with a taller one, I will also gain more top speed. Not much, but it would be nice to be able to maintain "real" 110 - 115kph even against some wind. Now wind and hills tend to make her struggle too much and the speed drops a bit. I suppose even a 164cc cylinder would be quite an improvement, as the current one is only 124cc.

So, what does the esteemed members of this forum say? Let's make a shopping list!

BR,

Scooterist from Finland
Don't consider myself esteemed but my advice is yuminashi 164. There is whole kit for pcx v1 for about £300. Just installed it about a month ago and I'm very happy. My pcx does real 75 mph flat out and whatever peppines 125 had on full throttle you'll get it at 1/3 throttle with the 164 kit.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Scoot_FIN

Post by Scoot_FIN »

Hi there,

Thanks for the recommendation. Good to hear that the upgrades make a nice difference from the stock!

At the moment I'm thinking of the following items:
  • 1) 164cc cylinder kit (12103-KWN-600A)
    2) 2-Valve Spring Racing Conversion set (14752-KWN-000)
    3) camshaft CNC X250RR 8.6 (14100-KWN-25086)
Not sure I really need the "recommended" bigger injector (16450-KWN-001) and the 31mm throttle body with manifold set. Any opinions on this?
PCX 125 (2011), Givi windshield, Malossi Multivar 2000 w/ 10,5g rollers, yellow Malossi clutch spring and Malossi RX exhaust
BPT7594
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Black

Post by BPT7594 »

Scoot_FIN wrote:Hi there,

Thanks for the recommendation. Good to hear that the upgrades make a nice difference from the stock!

Not sure I really need the "recommended" bigger injector (16450-KWN-001) and the 31mm throttle body with manifold set. Any opinions on this?
The bigger injector and the 31mm throttle body are the difference between a sunday church going scooter and a race fit vehicle. Just saying ;)
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

Scoot_FIN wrote:Hi there,

Engine will be running lean on stock injector and that is dangerous for it. If you only buy items you mentioned it will be more expensive than the kit. Buy whole kit put items you want see how it goes put the rest on or sell it on eBay.

Scoot_FIN

Post by Scoot_FIN »

*D'oh!* I just found out that Yuminashi has also an EU site. The parts mentioned earlier were from their other site and there was no mention "essentials kit". Well, maybe there was but then I missed it. I think this is the around 300 pound whole kit lolofigo mentioned. Seems that it has everything I need. Even the throttle body and manifold set!

The PCX125 V1 164CC ESSENTIALS KIT includes:
  • ● 164cc Cylinder (60mm bore)
    ● 164cc Piston (60mm)
    ● Special 164cc Piston Ring Set (60mm), treated with a hard chromium plating layer (Cr)
    ● 164cc Gasket Set (Copper Head gasket, Cylinder gasket & Tensioner lifter gasket)
    ● 13mm Piston Pin
    ● 2 Piston Clips (13mm)
    ● 31mm Throttle Body
    ● 31mm Manifold Set
    ● Insulator for 31mm manifold set
    ● 2 O-rings (insulator)
    ● 6 Holes A-Type High Performance Injector
    ● CR9E Spark Plug
    ● Billet X250RR Camshaft
    ● Double Progressive Valve Springs
The good thing is that since I do not have to buy new cylinder head, I can still use my Malossi exhaust.

Thanks for the insight and suggestions. I'll order the kit soon, but may be able to actually install it 2 months from now.
tomtomclub2005
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by tomtomclub2005 »

.eu site or not it is unclear to me if this still ships from Thailand. Be prepared to shell out 20%+ on customs when it arrives, let us know...
lolofigo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lolofigo »

tomtomclub2005 wrote:.eu site or not it is unclear to me if this still ships from Thailand. Be prepared to shell out 20%+ on customs when it arrives, let us know...
It ships from Thailand. I've ordered couple things and never paid any duty taxes. But ordered an exhaust once from webike and paid 20% tax plus £20 handling fee.

Scoot_FIN

Post by Scoot_FIN »

tomtomclub2005 wrote:.eu site or not it is unclear to me if this still ships from Thailand. Be prepared to shell out 20%+ on customs when it arrives, let us know...

Just a little update, but a not a good one I am afraid. I haven't ordered the kit yet, and most likely won't. You see, my employer has decided to send me to South Korea for the rest of the year for now. I might as well sell my scooter and get something more powerful next summer. Who knows, maybe the year 2017 is finally the year Honda imports Forza 300 to Finland?

Stay safe all!