Three recalls done at mile zero

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Ole
Regular User
Regular User

Three recalls done at mile zero

Post by Ole »

So, I bought a zero mile 2014 Honda Forza today. First time I have ever bought a vehicle that had three recalls done before I took possession. The dealer replaced the fuel pump, replaced the wonky seat strut thing, and re torqued the brake line fitting under the front dash. THAT was a bugger the mechanic said. It went from 10# to 15#. I already put 68 miles on her when I got home.

Not new here had a PCX 125 for awhile then a PCX 150. Was on the old forum before it went kaput. So far all I have done to the Forza is the Honda tall windscreen and a GIVI Trekker top case. This thing has a few more balls than my old PCXs for sure took it up to 80 mph on it's maiden cruise and it felt good and stable.

sorry crappy cell phone pic

I wonder how many other Forza owners have an Iron Butt license plate frame? Anyone out there?
BRed
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2023 XMax 300
Color: Grey and black

Re: Three recalls done at mile zero

Post by BRed »

I have two.....one is on a Ural Patrol 650 2WD sidecar and one on a Honda Big Ruckus 250.

I've always thought the bike, more than the rider, earned the award, so until the Forza has actually made a 1000 mile run in less than 24 hours, mine won't get to wear one. :)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Good that you've got a trailer, if my experience is anything to go by you might well be needing it.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Ole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ole »

BRed I got my Iron Butt on a Honda CB1100. It performed flawlessly. But is was built in Japan.
GN2 I wanted to ride it home from the dealer but wife wouldn't take a day off work to get me there. Oh well. I would much rather ride a bike than trailer it.
MBMyer
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by MBMyer »

Ole wrote:I wonder how many other Forza owners have an Iron Butt license plate frame? Anyone out there?
I've done more IBA rides than I have registered, but I have registered several (including a 50CC). My IBA license frame faded to illegibility, and I haven't bothered to replace it. So right now my Dragonslayer frame will have to do.

I'd like to replace the Forza saddle with something more tractor-seat-shaped. I think I'd have to do *some*thing to the saddle before I try an IB ride on this urban commuter.

Pax et bonum,
Michael
who just took the Tucano Urbano muffs and lap blanket off the scoot last weekend
Current ride: 2014 Forza bought new in mid-2015; still only 18K on the odo
Traded in: 2003 GL1800 with 152K and several IBA rides on the clock
6 other previous bikes
nearly 3/4 million miles logged
now just commuting instead of touring