Looking to pick up a 2016 Forza ABS - Question on price

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

stbrandon

Looking to pick up a 2016 Forza ABS - Question on price

Post by stbrandon »

Hello everyone!

I'm a brand spanking new rider, just been practicing around on a 50cc scooter and after a ton of research, I'm sold on the Forza.

My wife REQUIRES I get the ABS model, and no dealers around me have any in-stock so I am needing to have a local shop get one trucked in.

My main question is, how much wiggle room will I have on price? I'm used to dealing with cars, but never with bikes or scoots. All I see online are it's MSRP of 6,099.

Any tips you all could provide would be awesome! I'm looking to buy within the next week, already pre-approved from my credit union for a solid rate.

Thanks gang!
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Re: Looking to pick up a 2016 Forza ABS - Question on price

Post by GeorgeSK »

Location??
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
stbrandon

Post by stbrandon »

Southern California. Orange County area.
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

It's not a high-dollar item (for a motor vehicle) so there isn't a lot of negotiating room. However, you don't know how low you can go unless you try. First, check to see if there are any Honda factory incentives.

You're in an area with multiple dealers. Ask each one for their best out-the-door (OTD) price. OTD price is important because they may low-ball you on the bike price to get you in the door but stick it to you on dealer fees.

Let the dealers know you are shopping around for the best price. Don't tell them you already have financing arranged. It's not an incentive for them as they lose out on credit promos. Alternatively, you could go with their financing (to give the dealer another incentive to make you a good deal) but then immediately refinance with your bank/cu. Make sure there's no prepayment penalty on the first loan (there usually isn't one).

Be prepared to do multiple rounds of negotiating, if necessary. Dealers are generally more willing to deal on a bike that's been clogging their showroom for a while. OTOH, if they order the bike, they don't have to recoup floor interest fees, or they may just want to bump up their sales figures.

Remember, you can use any authorized dealer for warranty service. If they won't budge on price, ask them to give you a store credit for gear or throw in the initial service. Good luck!
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014

Post by Mister Paul »

You're more likely (in the UK) to get some wriggle room on discounted accessories (a tall screen is a really good option), deals on servicing package and asking for a tank of fuel than being successful with getting money off the ticket price.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Mister Paul wrote:You're more likely (in the UK) to get some wriggle room on discounted accessories (a tall screen is a really good option), deals on servicing package and asking for a tank of fuel than being successful with getting money off the ticket price.
However, deals can still be had.
I've heard of brand new (pre-reg) Forza 300s going for circa £4000
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

I use the internet and then the phone to get at least 3 Dealers bidding for my $.
Then visit to let them know I am seriously going to own a ABS Forza (good on your wife for that stipulation!!)
(might even toss piaggio BV 350 into the ring....both are great scoots.)
Look for Honda bonus bucks. ...saved me $700.
Fish
Embattle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: Red

Post by Embattle »

Well in Europe there will be good discounts through this year due to regulation changes for next year.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Embattle wrote:Well in Europe there will be good discounts through this year due to regulation changes for next year.
True, but the real price cuts will be on non-abs models, which dealers will really struggle to shift.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

I know of some Honda dealers in Canada that definitely offer wiggle room. But there will be a bit less wiggle room with bikes to be ordered in.

I still find it odd that there's a non-ABS Forza option. In Canada, the Forza, CB 300F, and CB 500F are ABS only. CBR 300R and CBR 500R have optional ABS.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
stbrandon

Post by stbrandon »

Ended up at $6647.00 OTD for a new ABS model shipped from Honda. I had another dealer with a show-room model, still new at 6600.00 but he was being pretty sleazy and condescending, so I'm glad to not give him my business.

Not a smashing deal, but not bad in my book.

Thank you everyone for the advice and responses!
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Once the deal is in the rearview mirror, you won't be looking back at it. The fun of the Forza will erase any concern that you didn't get the best possible deal, and actually, your deal doesn't seem at all bad if I adjust my thinking to Canadian dollars.

Ride on, and welcome!
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)