Steel Gray saying "Hey!"

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Steel Gray saying "Hey!"

Post by you you »

honkerman wrote:
you you wrote:
honkerman wrote:the PCX has that undefineable something, what the French call "je ne sait quois", that makes it an appealing choice. Glad you made the choice. I also looked at the Forza. The larger displacement engine was appealing, but it was just too big. I was afraid if I dropped it, it would be more than I could pick up. I too went from a different 150 to the PCX. I think the fact that Honda gets 13+ BHP out of a 150cc engine compared to the 9+ BHP of my old scoot, lends to the peppiness. It's an amazingly good machine that surprizes me still at just how good it is every time i ride it.

Je ne sais quoi?
yeah, that. I speak French, I don't spell it.
One up on me then :D

Spelling "it" would be F.R.E.N.C.H.

"Yes, that's true, I have a command of the French language but am unable to write it down correctly".

Struggle with USA speak I do.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

you you wrote:
honkerman wrote:
you you wrote:
Je ne sais quoi?
yeah, that. I speak French, I don't spell it.
One up on me then :D

Spelling "it" would be F.R.E.N.C.H.

"Yes, that's true, I have a command of the French language but am unable to write it down correctly".

Struggle with USA speak I do.
Why take 19 words to say what can be said in 9?
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: Steel Grey

Post by Wingscribe »

Well, I got the extenders attached to the Honda relocators from the tall windshield - complicated enough?

In the end, I am happy with the placement, I can see everything that I need to see and there is no way that the mirrors will ever touch the windscreen - unless something else goes catastrophically wrong.

Here's a pic:
Attachments
IMG_2806.JPG
IMG_2806.JPG (83.84 KiB) Viewed 354 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Wingscribe wrote:Well, I got the extenders attached to the Honda relocators from the tall windshield.
That's for sure the best view you will ever get if you stick with the stock mirrors and extenders, I ran with those for a while and found a 2" fish eye added even more confidence to a lane change. The magazi's are for the person with cosmetics in mind. The fish eye's are 5 bucks at your local auto parts store and no harm is done if you take them off. Your Scoot is looking good and your hat isn't bad either 8)
Attachments
fisheye.jpg
fisheye.jpg (252.79 KiB) Viewed 351 times
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Wingscribe »

I should pick up a set of those, had them on more cars that I can count..makes perfect sense.

Aesthetically? I prefer the stock mirrors...just an opinion (and that's why we have different flavors of ice cream...).

Thanks for the hat props, I turn it around when I am riding...(No, I'm an ATGATT guy, myself).

Update from the morning commute (was ill yesterday so me make no ridey on Monday): The Honda windscreen eliminates all of the pressure on my torso, but does not do much for the head - I am getting a crap-ton of wind noise. To combat this, I got a pack of ear plugs which should make the situation much more bearable - though I am running outside of the law of the great Buckeye state.

I'll takes me chances there...I see getting pulled over in a scooter a badge of honor...

Happy Tuesday all!
BobS
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Silver

Post by BobS »

Found some smaller fish eye mirrors on Amazon - 1 1/8" - http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4554

They fit closer into the outside corner, and leave more of the mirror clear.
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Wingscribe »

Thanks! Seven bucks with Prime and the are on their way...