Steel Gray saying "Hey!"

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: Steel Grey

Steel Gray saying "Hey!"

Post by Wingscribe »

Hello all,

Last week, I was so darned sure that I was getting a Forza, my first post was on that side of the house.

Well, some things can change in a week...so here I am.

I took delivery this last Saturday, in between two kids sports events, then let it sit in the garage over night.

Sunday, I put on 60 miles around my neck of the woods, just wandering and taking some pictures.

This scoot pretty-much blows my former Buddy 150 away in most respects. Granted, I am out in a suburban/rural area, the Buddy was maybe not the best choice for all of that, but the PCX is prefect - no regrets and loving every minute.

I have a top case on the way, Amazon delivered my Honda adapter on Sunday of all times - but that is a five minute install with no drilling - Woo-Hoo!

Windshield is also on the way, and I am going back and forth over the seat offerings from Bikerbits. The stock seat is okay, but I definitely would love another 2 inches of room, or just a lack of a ridge on the back of the front seat.

Oh well, I am babbling...but I brough pics, so behold the beauty that is Steel Gray...
Attachments
IMG_2775.JPG
IMG_2775.JPG (84.25 KiB) Viewed 3902 times
IMG_2770.JPG
IMG_2770.JPG (118.92 KiB) Viewed 3902 times
IMG_2772.JPG
IMG_2772.JPG (112.59 KiB) Viewed 3902 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Steel Gray saying "Hey!"

Post by homie »

Congratulations... you can babble all you like ITS A NEW TOY! A must have for short errands and sneaking out at night whilst not waking the family and neighbors. BEAUTIFUL color too. Billy says he likes to hoola hoop
Attachments
macbilly.jpg
macbilly.jpg (9.7 KiB) Viewed 3899 times
Brent
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Brent »

Wise purchase! Welcome to the family!
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

Next time shoot with the sun behind you… but thanks for posting pics… We don't have enough of that here… I really like that color…
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015

Post by GatorGreg »

She looks great Wingscribe - enjoy! That would have been my color choice too had white not been available. I was lucky that my dealer had black and white '15s and red and gray '16s that I could compare side by side. I was torn between the gray '16 and the white '15 and ultimately chose the white but now I'm having second thoughts - wish I could have all 4 colors :D
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

....and just when you thought it was a Forza you wanted...Bam! PCX does it :P
I think yours is the first U.S. 2016 Steel Gray my eyes have seen here. Congratulations, beautiful. Enjoy it!
Curious, which screen did you order?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

the PCX has that undefineable something, what the French call "je ne sait quois", that makes it an appealing choice. Glad you made the choice. I also looked at the Forza. The larger displacement engine was appealing, but it was just too big. I was afraid if I dropped it, it would be more than I could pick up. I too went from a different 150 to the PCX. I think the fact that Honda gets 13+ BHP out of a 150cc engine compared to the 9+ BHP of my old scoot, lends to the peppiness. It's an amazingly good machine that surprizes me still at just how good it is every time i ride it.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Wingscribe »

Thanks for the warm welcomes all:

Homie: Billy is more than welcome to try them out, but only if he can handle two hoops at once!

Jge64: No can do - I've always been a sucker for back light, and I always will be. Next time, I'll take the good camera (not phone) that can better deal with the light...

GatorGreg: I originally wanted the white...but the dealer only had the black in a '15 (no way) and both colors of the '16's. When I first saw the gray I thought it was merely "okay" - then it grew on me. Any hey, Bikerbits has a complete set of any color you want for something like $250 (plus shipping, which might double the price).

WhiteNosie: Which 'shield? I read the 15,000 posts here about pro and cons of each one. In the end, I went with the Honda tall screen. Yup, it is pricey (even with a discount) but it seems to be the prefect height for my needs - I'll let you know when it's on (and it was freezing on the way in today - tinted visor up with clear glasses made it BRISK).

Honkerman: I could not agree more with your francais jargon. On paper,the Forza is the vastly superior machine, and in some ways it is. However, for the purposes of me commuting to work (50 mile round trip) on back roads, the Forza would not have added to the equation. The PCX just fits (except for that seat bucket, we'll deal with that after the windshield).

I made my first commute in the beast today, and I was absolutely amazed at the difference between the PCX and the Buddy. Bumps that slapped my spine were now little inconveniences, nothing more. The cornering is amazing, much more responsive and effortless. I keep thinking that I should be going faster, then realize that the PCX has an accurate speedo...

Gotta get my rides in before old man winter starts slapping the Buckeye state...could start tomorrow, or wait until May to snow...

Thanks again everyone,

Mike
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Wingscribe »

Windscreen is waiting for me at my local dealer. Top case is "Out for delivery" as of this morning.

Guess I know what I am doing tonight.

Pics when the work is done.
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

Wingscribe wrote:Windscreen is waiting for me at my local dealer. Top case is "Out for delivery" as of this morning.

Guess I know what I am doing tonight.

Pics when the work is done.
That back rack is versatile. I have a crate on mine.
Attachments
WP_20150909_005.jpg
WP_20150909_005.jpg (455.38 KiB) Viewed 3776 times
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Wingscribe »

Rockin' the milk crate and saddlebags...love it!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

honkerman wrote:the PCX has that undefineable something, what the French call "je ne sait quois", that makes it an appealing choice. Glad you made the choice. I also looked at the Forza. The larger displacement engine was appealing, but it was just too big. I was afraid if I dropped it, it would be more than I could pick up. I too went from a different 150 to the PCX. I think the fact that Honda gets 13+ BHP out of a 150cc engine compared to the 9+ BHP of my old scoot, lends to the peppiness. It's an amazingly good machine that surprizes me still at just how good it is every time i ride it.

Je ne sais quoi?
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Wingscribe »

Well, last night was a mini adventure getting everything on the bike.

First off: Shame on your Honda, no instructions in the Windshield box? No sweat, I can handle this...what the hell are all these extra parts...uh...let's look at the top case.

Second off: Shame on me, when the top case did not seem to attach to the Honda plate in any way that made sense to me, I checked this fine site again - realized I did understand that there is a Shad piece made just for our precious bikes...

The solutions were not the end of the world, a few minutes on the Internet for the first, and a few minutes with my drill for the second.

Behold (*below*).

I got the "silver" plate for the case, which is not an exact match right next to each other, but with all that black plastic in between, I am pretty satisfied. Easy off option is also very nice...

Wind screen is amazing (kinda figured it would be). I seemed to have an extra 5 mph on the top end without my torso acting as an air brake.

The Honda screen also had me relocate the mirrors, which I did. I have extensions on the way, so I am not sure the best setup when they get here, I will play and see what works out best.

For now, still loving it...can't wait until the day is done to get on it again,

Mike
Attachments
IMG_2805.JPG
IMG_2805.JPG (114.61 KiB) Viewed 3738 times
IMG_2802.JPG
IMG_2802.JPG (128.79 KiB) Viewed 3738 times
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

MIke - peruse thru my build thread in my signature, a lotta pics of mirrors I tried....
Glen
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Wingscribe »

Been there, done that Glen, your thread is required reading for the new PCX owner who is thinking about getting anything at all (except a topcase...hehehe).
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Man that is SWEET!
Attachments
sweet.jpg
sweet.jpg (9.5 KiB) Viewed 3729 times
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

Wingscribe wrote:Been there, done that Glen, your thread is required reading for the new PCX owner who is thinking about getting anything at all (except a topcase...hehehe).
Still liking the magazine mirrors a month later....so versatile....built in extenders......
Glen
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jge64 »

Damn, hate the lack a of edit time here....MAGAZI mirrors
Glen
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Jge64 wrote:Damn, hate the lack a of edit time here....MAGAZI mirrors
and you guys who ride crazy town can turn them inside your handlebars and do some lane sharing 8) put these on last winter and never look back <--- (PUN)

honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by honkerman »

you you wrote:
honkerman wrote:the PCX has that undefineable something, what the French call "je ne sait quois", that makes it an appealing choice. Glad you made the choice. I also looked at the Forza. The larger displacement engine was appealing, but it was just too big. I was afraid if I dropped it, it would be more than I could pick up. I too went from a different 150 to the PCX. I think the fact that Honda gets 13+ BHP out of a 150cc engine compared to the 9+ BHP of my old scoot, lends to the peppiness. It's an amazingly good machine that surprizes me still at just how good it is every time i ride it.

Je ne sais quoi?
yeah, that. I speak French, I don't spell it.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube