Is PCX 150 the ultimate transportation for zombie apocalypse

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Is PCX 150 the ultimate transportation for zombie apocalypse?

Yes
50%
No
36%
Maybe
14%

Total votes: 14

GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: White

Is PCX 150 the ultimate transportation for zombie apocalypse

Post by GatorGreg »

With the Season 6 premiere of the Walking Dead just 3 days away, I figure it's a good time to state my case for the PCX 150 as the ultimate transportation device to have on hand in case of a zombie apocalypse or a Katrina/SHTF scenario. (I created a poll to see if others are of like mind :D )

First, with a Honda claimed 102 mpg, there is little short of a bicycle that will match the ability of the PCX to maximize your ability to go on supply runs while using the least amount of precious fuel possible.

Second, you can use the slim proportions of the PCX to your advantage while "lane splitting" highways that are littered with carcasses and abandoned vehicles that would render the road impassable for anything bigger than a scooter.

Third, the small size means you can easily park it indoors in whatever building you hole up in, safe from scavengers that might try to steal it while you sleep.

Fourth, the ability to hold a decent amount of stuff (25 liters?) under the seat plus whatever you can fit in the top box will make the PCX a good bug-out vehicle (should you need to evacuate from your home) to carry you and your basic supplies/weapons/ammo that you'll need to survive.

Fifth, it's a Honda so the odds of it breaking down are practically nil.

One thing that would need to be modded of course would be the automatic headlight on feature - you would want the ability to run without lights on to keep a low profile when needed :)
2018 Yamaha SMAX Raven Black (aka Majesty S)
RIP 2015 Honda PCX 150 Pearl White
RIP 2010 Honda Elite (Lead) 110 Black
Check out GatorGreg's Motovlog on YouTube
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Is PCX 150 the ultimate transportation for zombie apocal

Post by homie »

Truck, scoot, dog, arsenal, survival gear, substance, water, fuel and a key to a farm house in Kentucky. I've been ready for Chicago to blow up for years. And when those wild eyed zombies make it as far west as my home they will find a Buell and note....

take good care of her.
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

homie wrote:Truck, scoot, dog, arsenal, survival gear, substance, water, fuel and a key to a farm house in Kentucky. I've been ready for Chicago to blow up for years. And when those wild eyed zombies make it as far west as my home they will find a Buell and note....

take good care of her.
You MUST find some room in the back of your truck to save her homie - she's such a fresh looking southern Buell in her yellow dress that I'd be tempted to eat her myself after riding her hard (if I were a zombie :D ).
Wingscribe
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: Steel Grey

Post by Wingscribe »

I don't want to be the voice of dissension, but the Ruckus (big or small) really nails that post-apocalyptic scooter look.

Never heard one of those running, however, and the PCX gets MAJOR stealth points in terms of decibles.

PCX belongs in Neo Tokyo...where did I put that Canon sticker...not that I have any opinion on the matter,

Mike
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Wingscribe wrote:I don't want to be the voice of dissension, but the Ruckus (big or small) really nails that post-apocalyptic scooter look.

Never heard one of those running, however, and the PCX gets MAJOR stealth points in terms of decibles.

PCX belongs in Neo Tokyo...where did I put that Canon sticker...not that I have any opinion on the matter,

Mike
Get in there MIKEY! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Did you see the new guys Ruckus images over by here http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5154 I just want to shoot myself for not having a shot at buying that.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

GatorGreg wrote:With the Season 6 premiere of the Walking Dead just 3 days away, I figure it's a good time to state my case for the PCX 150 as the ultimate transportation device to have on hand in case of a zombie apocalypse or a Katrina/SHTF scenario. (I created a poll to see if others are of like mind :D )

First, with a Honda claimed 102 mpg, there is little short of a bicycle that will match the ability of the PCX to maximize your ability to go on supply runs while using the least amount of precious fuel possible.

Second, you can use the slim proportions of the PCX to your advantage while "lane splitting" highways that are littered with carcasses and abandoned vehicles that would render the road impassable for anything bigger than a scooter.

Third, the small size means you can easily park it indoors in whatever building you hole up in, safe from scavengers that might try to steal it while you sleep.

Fourth, the ability to hold a decent amount of stuff (25 liters?) under the seat plus whatever you can fit in the top box will make the PCX a good bug-out vehicle (should you need to evacuate from your home) to carry you and your basic supplies/weapons/ammo that you'll need to survive.

Fifth, it's a Honda so the odds of it breaking down are practically nil.

One thing that would need to be modded of course would be the automatic headlight on feature - you would want the ability to run without lights on to keep a low profile when needed :)

You are mad aren't you?
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

you you wrote:You are mad aren't you?
I'm mad about you you (but no homo :D )

This one's more "perky" :D
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

It depends on the type of zombies we're talking about.

Walking Dead zombies, sure...so long as you don't have to plow through a herd.

World War Z zombies? no way. They're too fast.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

honkerman wrote:It depends on the type of zombies we're talking about.

Walking Dead zombies, sure...so long as you don't have to plow through a herd.

World War Z zombies? no way. They're too fast.
This is very true. Wingscribe makes an excellent point about the Ruckus perhaps being the better choice but it tops out at only about 40mph - I want at least 60 mph to more quickly put some distance between me and the zombies and potentially ride all the way to my brother's house in the mountains if need be :D
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

The season 6 premiere is on RIGHT NOW and I see that Daryl's bike is already being featured 8)

I did some digging and found that he also chose a Honda motorbike for the zombie apocalypse, an old 1990's Nighthawk 750 with a few mods :D Here's a link to a good article if interested:

http://www.bikeexif.com/daryl-dixon-motorcycle
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (93.89 KiB) Viewed 4235 times
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

GatorGreg wrote:The season 6 premiere is on RIGHT NOW and I see that Daryl's bike is already being featured 8)

I did some digging and found that he also chose a Honda motorbike for the zombie apocalypse, an old 1990's Nighthawk 750 with a few mods :D Here's a link to a good article if interested:

http://www.bikeexif.com/daryl-dixon-motorcycle
It's a good rat bike. I love the knobby tires.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Got Gas? Get outta Dodge!
Pay No Attention to the Zombie on yer Tail!
Be ready!
I've been gettin' ready. More to gather though. Size matters :D Utilize space, pack well. Leave early and roll slower trailing one of these (see below). Well...Maybe? First give a test, do a figure 8. No good? Then Toss that extra weight! >>>> Zombies are gaining!
Prioritize. Focus. Have no Fear. Get there! Wherever "there" is. First to arrive set camp, with fire, fresh fish (not tainted, cough cough), salad with 1,000 Island dressing. No beans and no dented cans. Really? Beans? NO! What's with those beans anywho?
I like dessert. Bring it!
Okay, still got a few stops to make. Rum 1st.
Meet yas L8R (and just as nutty as I am now! Cheese :D )

http://www.scootboot.com/gallery.html
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (207 KiB) Viewed 4212 times
P.S. I never saw Walking Dead. Truth....The Movie scared the crap outta me!!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

WhiteNoise wrote:Got Gas? Get outta Dodge!
Pay No Attention to the Zombie on yer Tail!
Be ready!
I've been gettin' ready. More to gather though. Size matters :D Utilize space, pack well. Leave early and roll slower trailing one of these (see below). Well...Maybe? First give a test, do a figure 8. No good? Then Toss that extra weight! >>>> Zombies are gaining!
Prioritize. Focus. Have no Fear. Get there! Wherever "there" is. First to arrive set camp, with fire, fresh fish (not tainted, cough cough), salad with 1,000 Island dressing. No beans and no dented cans. Really? Beans? NO! What's with those beans anywho?
I like dessert. Bring it!
Okay, still got a few stops to make. Rum 1st.
Meet yas L8R (and just as nutty as I am now! Cheese :D )

http://www.scootboot.com/gallery.html
image.jpeg
P.S. I never saw Walking Dead. Truth....The Movie scared the crap outta me!!
Cool - but it looks like it's worth about $39, not the $399 they're asking for it - I wonder if they sell it in a matching white - gotta be color coordinated for the apocalypse :D
Blazinby
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015 + 2018
Color: Black,Matt Grey

Post by Blazinby »

I take your point all of you but,

in a true Zombie apocalypse the priority has to be water and if your scoot can get you to and from the next water stop you are golden

we're all fat enough to survive a week or two (be honest) without food but water and not petrol or gas is the immediate and persistent priority,

Oh and a crowbar (halflife etc)
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Blazinby wrote:I take your point all of you but,

in a true Zombie apocalypse the priority has to be water and if your scoot can get you to and from the next water stop you are golden

we're all fat enough to survive a week or two (be honest) without food but water and not petrol or gas is the immediate and persistent priority,

Oh and a crowbar (halflife etc)
My bug out gear includes siphons and tools to drain any of the millions of abandon vehicles on this planet... I will get as far as needed for everything else :)
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

Hmmm...so the 2nd show of the season is on so I decided to take a look at the poll results and they currently stand at 6 votes "yes" with 1 "maybe" vote and only 3 votes "no", so I guess this scientific poll proves I'm right :D
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

I don't know. I've never seen a PCX in a Zombie parade. :lol:
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

Good news for TWD Daryl fans 8)

Link: Norman Reedus Gets Motorcycle Show
GatorGreg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by GatorGreg »

I've added a new video to my yt channel that I think nicely illustrates the usefulness of a PCX in a zombie apocalypse / SHTF scenario. (Note: If you're offended by guns you may want to skip this one :D )