R.I.P Fonda

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: R.I.P Fonda

Post by you you »

Seph wrote:
you you wrote:
DrewJW wrote:Holy shit, staggered you walked away from that one!, what happened did you run wide into the vans path or did the van run wide?

I think he fell off in his own first and both hit the van.
Corner on a hill, Fell off the bike and I skidded a few feet onto the over side of the road.

Hey again all. Thanks for your kind words and words of wisdom. I think my scootering days are over, My wife has put her foot now and said no more.
Right now I'm gutted, had that van not murdered Fonda, I'd of got back on her and saved up the pennies for the new parts (money is tight atm). But As you can see see the bike is completely totalled, The cost of repair would be more than the bike no doubt. I think it's looking like scrap yard and continue to pay for something I don't own any more.

Honestly never thought I'd be posting this, but yep.... I'm done :cry: I feel like I've been caged my freedom has been stripped from me.

But it's like some said up there. I am one lucky man! only for my position and my toe caps am I here typing this. an inch over i'd have no foot... a foot over I would of have no leg and a couple of foot I might of been dead.
Won't the insurance cover the bike?

Man up. My wife fell off her Ducati and her helmet was ran over by a Volvo. Seriously. She did have a few minutes nap in the road, someone brought out a superman duvet, again seriously Didn't stop her she just rode slower and more carefully and hasn't fallen off since.

Hopefully you'll feel differently once the adrenalin disappears
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:The poor man is almost killed, done, finished, run over by a truck, exit light... and they want to do Jesus jokes.

Or he fell off his scooter and is unhurt...no truck, no killing, no Jesus.
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

Yikes. I'm glad you're ok through all of this.

It's easy to tell someone to maybe stay on four wheels but the fact of the matter is, driving in the UK is very expensive with high fuel prices, parking, etc. It's often either scooters or transit for the Brits when commuting to work. Scooters = freedom. Transit = being herded like cattle.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
Seph
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Red

Post by Seph »

homie wrote:The poor man is almost killed, done, finished, run over by a truck, exit light... and they want to do Jesus jokes.
Pinch of salt me old mucka!
Seph

Yamaha YBR 2011 Silver (MGE AKA Madge)
Honda PCX 2015 Red (A.K.A Fonda) *Deceased*
ironcloudz
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by ironcloudz »

Glad you are OK.

The scooter is just "stuff" which can be replaced if and when you care to.
Seph
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Seph »

dkazzed wrote:Yikes. I'm glad you're ok through all of this.

It's easy to tell someone to maybe stay on four wheels but the fact of the matter is, driving in the UK is very expensive with high fuel prices, parking, etc. It's often either scooters or transit for the Brits when commuting to work. Scooters = freedom. Transit = being herded like cattle.
I'm back on my 22 mile a day cycle. Bus is fair to expensive round these parts, 2 of them and a walk.
Seph

Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

"I think it's looking like scrap yard and continue to pay for something I don't own any more."

Insurance?
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

dkazzed wrote:Yikes. I'm glad you're ok through all of this.

Pick your poison. Or, you can be like my UK ancestors and move to the U.S. of A. Gas is down to $1.92 a U.S. gallon locally. But, we have many 100+ degree F days here. Like I said, it's always a trade-off.

Besides, what we suggest is irrelevant. SWMBO has already spoken.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

That's what my hefty life insurance policy is for. :D

I moved to a smaller city recently. I don't miss my long and expensive commutes.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
Blazinby
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015 + 2018
Color: Black,Matt Grey

Post by Blazinby »

Holy Crap Seph!

you is one lucky sumbitch! scuse the language but damn!

glad your ok but please take better care of yourself dude ;)
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

:o :o Stay well Seph, and thank whoever or whatever you like for your miraculous escape.

I hope you eventually get back on a bike, but also understand your wife's response. Your family must be your first priority.

I'll quit now, sermon over :D :D
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Seph wrote:
Pinch of salt me old mucka!
had to look it up :lol: :lol: :lol:
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

you you wrote:
honkerman wrote:
homie wrote:I just got back on after Mel's crash! :x You got up and took a picture?... amazing. Hug your wife, raise your new baby and praise GOD you are still breathing. You are too young in life to ride with us yet. Leave this to the ones who have loved a good woman put their kids through college and found Jesus.... LETS RIDE!
I found Jesus online!

Is that for real or a photoshop/mockup?
Sadly, it is real...you can buy your own Jesus on Amazon...the top Gear guys, May and Clarkson, took one to the north pole.

Apologies to Seph. Never meant any disrespect.
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
WaunaPCX
Color: Pearl white

Post by WaunaPCX »

Oh wow, the bad news just keeps coming this week. Well, more important here is the good news that you're ok Seph. Sorry to hear about Fonda's untimely demise. Homie's signature list is getting too long.

Get well quick, hope you get the opportunity to ride again in the future Seph. Cheers
My PCX ride video library: http://touringkeypeninsula.wordpress.com/
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

dkazzed wrote:
I think Transit was the problem. :lol:

Sorry about the bike Seph. Tell the wife that cycling is the same as or worse than a scooter and with a scooter you can spend more time at home.

Everyone falls off at least once? It is part of the learning experience. Me three times so far, first time also on L plates :oops: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Get back on you will be a better rider now.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Get on another bike Seph!
aka DrewJW
Simon0867
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: White

Post by Simon0867 »

Very sorry to hear your news. I was in an accident a few years back when my youngest daughter was 12, gave her quite a fright so I packed scootering in for a few years until she was an adult herself. She's more understanding of the mad things I do now.

Be warned this is a bug that will get under your skin, you'll be back on a scoot again one day...

In the meantime best of luck.
Honda cub
Color: white

Post by Honda cub »

So sorry to read this Seph. Good job you were wearing protective clothing.

Stephen
Seph
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Seph »

"Apologies to Seph. Never meant any disrespect"

No offence here pal.
Not my faith. I enjoy a good joke as long as people who believe in Jesus don't get offended.

Once again, thanks all for the kind words.
I'm going to go pick up the scooter or scrap it in the next few days.
There might be the option of repair depending on how bad it actually is but it won't be cheap. Going to see it will cost me £180..
There is a hefty bill coming my way that my wife and I cannot afford as my insurance was 3rd party fire and theft. It'll cover the van that when over my bike but they won't touch me.
So much for saving money by taking this policy out instead of fully comp.

As for riding again, the wife says no. I respect that she's scared. I'd jump back on one tomorrow. I just can't afford the costs of anymore accidents! I just feel like my wings have been clipped. :(
Seph

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Seph wrote:As for riding again, the wife says no. I respect that she's scared. I'd jump back on one tomorrow. I just can't afford the costs of anymore accidents! I just feel like my wings have been clipped. :(
There is a whole other freedom club out there I'm a former member of that don't ride the streets but own the sidewalks, public trails and bike paths :D
I may get sucked back into this world if you guys don't stop getting hurt.