New Black PCX 2015

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

LucasC
Year: 2015
Color: Black

New Black PCX 2015

Post by LucasC »

Hi everybody! I just created my account today as I've recently acquired a new black PCX150 (2015). I'm in love with it, especially the way it takes the turns and curves - always super smooth and doesn't need me to lean that much.

I have a small technical question: When I grab the right brake handle, it makes a sort of "clicking" noise. It really comes from the handle itself, not the wheel. And I can't hear any noise when grabbing the left handle. Is that normal? Or should I contact the shop? (It is brand new).

Thank you for your help guys, I'm glad to be part of the PCX community :)

-Lucas
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: New Black PCX 2015

Post by homie »

where?... I cant see anything

No not normal unless you are hearing the brake light switch in which case you have super human capability.

WELCOME!
Blazinby
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2015 + 2018
Color: Black,Matt Grey

Post by Blazinby »

Hi LucasC,

welcome, I am not a mechanic but believe I understand the question, I'm sure much wiser better qualified people than I will pitch in but in the meantime

when you apply the right hand lever it is connected to a hydraulic system with a caliper at the wheel, think of the "click" as when the braking system begins to work

the left hand lever is connected to a drum brake on the rear (I think this is made of chewing gum and things from antiquity) so no "click" .

essentially the back brake is like an old fashioned bicycle where direct action of the cable relates to movement of the brake pads (shoes in this case)

this "click" should always be audible and unless you feel the clicking is excessively loud I would just enjoy your beautiful new bike man :)
LucasC

Post by LucasC »

Thank you for your help Homie and Blazinby! I took a short video and we can clearly hear the clicking noise. (I just can't attach .mov files here). I can also hear it when I have my helmet on, which is why I'm sort of confused. However, I got what you said Blazinby and it makes sense, I just wish the clicking noise wasn't so loud... I'm not entirely sure it's normal.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi Lucas and welcome! :P
I not a mechanic and in this particular case I don't think you need to be either. A brand new PCX should not have you worrying right from the giddy-up.
Give your dealer a call and explain the click noise to them just as you have to us. See what they say. If your afraid to ride it, tell them you'd like them to pick it up and haul it back to their shop. It has been done. Good luck and keep us posted ;)

You "should be" enjoying your Black Stallion, for these are Happy Times!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Dave Bo

Post by Dave Bo »

Hello LucasC... Congratulations on your new purchase! I have a Black 2015 as well... It's the switch that turns on the rear brake... Press the lever down slowly. As soon as you hear the click, the rear brake light goes on. It doesn't do it with the left brake. That switch must be somewhere where you can't hear it.
LucasC

Post by LucasC »

Thank you guys for your help, I really appreciate.
Dave B, I just went down to the parking to check the light when pressing the lever; you were totally right! :) It is indeed the switch that turns on the rear brake light. I believe my problem is fixed :D Thank you so much! I will thus fully enjoy my "Black Stallion"!
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

LucasC wrote:Thank you guys for your help, I really appreciate.
Dave B, I just went down to the parking to check the light when pressing the lever; you were totally right! :) It is indeed the switch that turns on the rear brake light. I believe my problem is fixed :D Thank you so much! I will thus fully enjoy my "Black Stallion"!
it was never broke... and you do have super human hearing :lol: Now you owe us some video or pictures please.
LucasC

Post by LucasC »

It was never broke indeed! I'll put up a picture tomorrow, I promise :) Didn't have time to take one yet.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Gosh, I just love happy endings :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013

Post by honkerman »

Welcome welcome. The PCX looks great in black. I hope you enjoy many miles together! :D
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)