Forza looks like a Ninja super bike from a distance?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Forza looks like a Ninja super bike from a distance?

Post by davenowherejones »

I recently had a visiting RCMP officer pull me over and give me a $196 speeding ticket.

I don't think he knew I was riding a CVT scooter. He was going to give me jail time but I think he did not want to go to court for a scooter when he found out what I was riding.

So, does the Forza looks like a Ninja super bike from a distance?

ps I have now added the Honda High Screen and plan to add a GIVI 55 liter top box. So will I look like a fast Goldwing from a distance?
agent89
Color: red

Re: Forza looks like a Ninja super bike from a distance?

Post by agent89 »

From the front the Forza does look like a sport bike. One of the reasons I was drawn to this model is the sexy good looks :oops:
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

agent89 wrote:From the front the Forza does look like a sport bike. One of the reasons I was drawn to this model is the sexy good looks :oops:
From a distance it might even look like a Hayabusa to those who don't really know the two models.

I am glad I put on the tall screen and now I need to get the big top box before I get more tickets. I find it hard to ride the Forza at slow speeds. It just wants to go!
Bigboss242

Post by Bigboss242 »

Cops don't want to stop me when I am on the scooter no lie. Scooters get alot of hate here in the U.S.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I went out riding today and parked the Silver Forza close to a couple of Ninja's and then walked a few hundred meters down the road to take a picture. The first thing I noticed was that I could barely see any of the motorcycles. We just fade into the background. Be careful out there because we really are invisible.
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

How fast were you going and what was the limit?

And I've seen people pulled over on Hwy 3 through Manning Park for simply doing 10 over. The enforcement level is stupid high for some reason through that stretch.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

dkazzed wrote:How fast were you going and what was the limit?

And I've seen people pulled over on Hwy 3 through Manning Park for simply doing 10 over. The enforcement level is stupid high for some reason through that stretch.

Flood Hope Rd outside my house is a 60 kmph (37 mph) zone although it used to be the TransCanada Highway and it was engineered for 115 kmph (70 mph) originally. They built a new highway behind my place which is 110 kmph (68 mph). I was probably going about 105 in a 60 but I had a 60 kmph gusty tailwind which was distracting me from my real speed. I was 10 seconds from my driveway but I decided to go around the corner to get gas. The officer said he gave me a break by letting me get under 40 over. I doubt if the cattle in field noticed any of this.

The other day I was in Manning Park and the RCMP had lots of people hiding in the trees at Rhododendron Flats. They had 4 spotting telescopes on tripods hidden in the trees with lasers for each one of them. They had one officer who would run out of the trees and flag down the offender. They made the offenders park in the trees so that the next offender could not see them. This was all in the middle of nowhere on a long straight section of road. They had multiple tow trucks to tow away anyone more than 40 kmph (24.9 mph) over. The towing bill would have been huge, the fine about $960 and they keep the vehicle for a while (7 ($210) to 60 days ($1200)).

And I bought a scooter so that I would be slower.
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

That's good. I got an excessive speeding ticket once. It was:

$368 for the ticket itself
$800+ for the impound, storage, etc. which I was fortunately let off from.
$320 a year for three years -- ICBC driver risk premium

So in total with being let off with the impound, it cost me $1328.

Learn something new. I'm interested in these old highway alignments that still exist. My top list to check out is the old Hope-Princeton Hwy alignment that got buried in the 1965 rock slide -- the portion that didn't get buried still exists.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

I rode the old Hope-Princeton about a month ago. I was surprised how much of it was still there after about 50 years of abandonment. The 1965 rock slide brought down half the mountain. Several people were buried forever. A lake disappeared. I went through there in 1969 as a ten year old kid and I still remember what a mess the primitive new highway was. Now (rode yesterday) it is a fast but steep 4 or 5 lanes. I would like to get a 1965, a 1975, a 1985 and a 2005 series of maps or air photos of the TransCanada Highway and others in BC.