Trouble installing a top case...

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

mannyaguilar
Where - is - my - super - suit?
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Trouble installing a top case...

Post by mannyaguilar »

I am trying to install a Givi case on my new PCX150 2015. The Givi case and its base is from an old Yamaha Vino 125. I have the Honda plate to install first before the Givi plate. The problem is that I can't remove the plastic form the back end where the mounting plate will be. I have it off already from the inside where the seat closes but the back all the way by the tail won't come off and I am afraid of breaking it.
I have searched and have found only instructions and videos of how to do this but only on the previous models. Is there any trick to get the plastic of from the back? There is a smaller plastic within the whole part that has a pair of rubber inserts, do I need to remove these?
Can anyone point me on the right direction? TIA
Currently own: Black Honda PCX150 2015, Red Ural with sidecar 1996, Grey Piaggio MP3 400cc 2009.
BobS
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Silver

Re: Trouble installing a top case...

Post by BobS »

Manny - to get to the threads for the mounting bolts on the 2015, all you have to remove is the small plastic piece (about 6'' square). To do that, you have to disengage the plastic body rivets. Gently push down the center part of the rivets about 1/4 inch. Lift the plate up and forward 1/2 inch and it will come out. You will see the 4 threads for the mounting bolts. The grab rail does not have to be removed.
mannyaguilar
Color: Black

Re: Trouble installing a top case...

Post by mannyaguilar »

BobS wrote:Manny - to get to the threads for the mounting bolts on the 2015, all you have to remove is the small plastic piece (about 6'' square). To do that, you have to disengage the plastic body rivets. Gently push down the center part of the rivets about 1/4 inch. Lift the plate up and forward 1/2 inch and it will come out. You will see the 4 threads for the mounting bolts. The grab rail does not have to be removed.
Thanks a lot BobS! I was desperate to install the case and kept looking on the web and found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jic2VJy8rgg

I can't believe there is no thread about this here. Maybe I just could not find it.

Thanks for the information anyway!
Currently own: Black Honda PCX150 2015, Red Ural with sidecar 1996, Grey Piaggio MP3 400cc 2009.