Takegawa FICon2

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

Takegawa FICon2

Post by Branyers »

Ok, so I have been working closely with another forum member on installing one of these. Thanks to his help, the job was an easy one.

Now I am having trouble dialing the device. The bike will only start when the map is set to #5, B, C, D, and E. I can get it to chug a little when it is set on 6, but it will not stay running.

This leads me to believe that I am not setting the device properly. I am 99.9% sure it is installed correctly.

Can anyone provide any additional pointers on setting this thing up? This is on a 2013 PCX150 KF12 model, stock displacement with K&N filter and an open Yoshi pipe.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Re: Takegawa FICon2

Post by Valiant »

What are each of those maps meant for? If #6 is meant for a PCX with a Takegawa BBK or Performance Camshaft installed, it's small wonder it's not running.
Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers »

Honestly, I do not know the individual settings. There is more than one FICon controller for our bikes depending on the year and model.

I think #5 is for the hot cam and exhaust, then B-E are for the BBK with/without cam, exhaust etc.

These are the settings, if anyone can decipher Japanese :cry:
Attachments
IMG.jpg
IMG.jpg (157 KiB) Viewed 5505 times
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

How does it run without the FiCon? Do you really need any fuel trim to go with that pipe? If you really want to do it right, the Bazzaz Zfi and Zafm would be much better.
http://www.bazzaz.net/index.php/honda/pcx150-12-15
http://www.bazzaz.net/index.php/ems-acc ... uel-mapper
Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers »

I am definitely running lean with my setup, plug is white. I don't need much more fuel, but I also don't want it to run too hot.
Branyers
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Branyers »

This is what I get directly from Takegawa:

0 - initial setting only -
5 stock engine + sports cam shaft + Takegawa muffler
B S-stage + stock camshaft +stock muffler
C S-stage + stock camshaft +Takegawa muffler
D S-stage + sports camshaft +stock muffler
E S-stage + sports camshaft +Takegawa muffler

So this means that my stock motor is tuned and running fine on the "E" setting.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Valiant »

sendler2112 wrote:How does it run without the FiCon? Do you really need any fuel trim to go with that pipe? If you really want to do it right, the Bazzaz Zfi and Zafm would be much better.
http://www.bazzaz.net/index.php/honda/pcx150-12-15
http://www.bazzaz.net/index.php/ems-acc ... uel-mapper
Agreed, but probably too much of an investment unless you're fully committed with a bore kit, which will take the mix way off map.
Vint

Post by Vint »

Dear all, sorry for the mistakes at first. I'm from Belarus. So, i has the following problem. I has a new PCX 150 of 2015 model year. I bought on the japan.webike the kit of Takegawa. All was installed except the camshaft - because it is not impossible to install the camshaft of previous model year to PCX of 2015. So, the full Kit of Takegawa is Fir the KF12... But all parts was installed successful except the camshaft and FIcon2. So, is anybody installed the FIcon2 to the KF18 or KF20? I think that there are some differents in electric of KF12 and KF20, because we connected the FIcon2 according to the manual for the KF12, but it doesn' works. Thank you in advance for the understanding and help in this questuion.
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

Valiant wrote:t probably too much of an investment unless you're fully committed with a bore kit, which will take the mix way off map.
I partly disagree. Bang for the buck to be had with a decent camshaft and exhaust. If coupled to the right variator.

If one is converting a 125 then maybe but they are still as almost fast in a straight line as a 150. And if it is a licensing thing in Europe then a 125 with camshaft technically is , at least within the spirit of the law, legal.
Vint

Post by Vint »

Yes, my bike with the led light.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

Vint wrote:anybody installed the FIcon2 to the KF18 or KF20? I think that there are some differents in electric of KF12 and KF20, because we connected the FIcon2 according to the manual for the KF12, but it doesn' works.
There have only been a couple people here that ever tried the FiCon and it generally gave poor results. unfortunately with the engine mods you will need something to tune the mixture now. The Bazzaz fuel controller would be much better.
http://bazzaz.net/index.php/honda/pcx150-12-15
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

^ Again this is for 12-15 and maybe not for Vint's LED or "G" version. I guess it depends on the connector. If the Takegawa one fits then there is a good chance.

Similar would be EJK or Dobeck unit which simply piggy backs onto the injector.
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by sendler2112 »

What year is the "LED" version?
Vint

Post by Vint »

sendler2112 wrote:What year is the "LED" version?

From the 2015. Today i received the manual for connecting the Icon2 to the new PCX 2015 model year but 125CC. Who know, if the electrical is the same for the PCX150 and PCX 125 with led light of 2015 year?
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

Should be.

Question about the camshaft. Is it very different or maybe it just doesn't have the auto decompression mechanism? This has been discussed before and some after market cams don't have it but they still fit/work.
Vint

Post by Vint »

waspmike wrote:Should be.

Question about the camshaft. Is it very different or maybe it just doesn't have the auto decompression mechanism? This has been discussed before and some after market cams don't have it but they still fit/work.
Yes, the problem is in the decompression mechanism in difference between stock and Tskegawa. Namely - the Takegawa's camshaft selling without the decompression mechanism and we try to change from the stock, but it's not impossible, because there is a difference in this mechanism from the previous model of PCX. That's why...