Introducing Ourselves!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Introducing Ourselves!

Post by Mel46 »

Sure it does. Right after you submit it you can look at it again and there will be an edit button beside the quote button. However, if you wait too long it won't allow you to because others have already replied to it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Pat Anderson
Year: 2015
Color: white

Post by Pat Anderson »

Must have missed it then...I noticed a typo immediately before anybody had replied, looked for an Edit button and did not see it. BTW, absolutely drop dead gorgeous weather here in the Pacific Northwest, definitely going for a ride on some rural county roads today!

[On edit: doggone it! The Edit button is right there next to the Quote button!]
Mel46 wrote:Sure it does. Right after you submit it you can look at it again and there will be an edit button beside the quote button. However, if you wait too long it won't allow you to because others have already replied to it.
Pat & Patty Anderson
Birch Bay, WA
Red 2014 Forza 300 ABS (scoot is FOR SALE!)
White 2015 PCX150 (Pat's scoot)
Red 2013 PCX150 (Patty's scoot)
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Edits can be done, but I believe they must be done within the first couple of minutes.

I think it was set up that way so that grumpy posters don't go off on one another, knowing that they can change what they said. It is set up to say what you mean and mean what you say.

It can be a little frustrating at times if your have a typo, but it does seem to be working well to help people think before they speak ..... at least sometimes. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Pat Anderson

Post by Pat Anderson »

On another forum I frequent a lot, editing is only allowed for 30 minutes...the period here seems to be much shorter. I am OK with whatever it is, as long as I know the drill.
Pat & Patty Anderson
Birch Bay, WA
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Candy Rosy Red

Post by kcpcx »

Pat Anderson wrote:
We are both looking at replacing the stock windscreens with talller ones, probably Givi.
My dad has the 2 piece adjustable GIVI on his Forza. I think it's the AF1123. It looks a lot better in person than it does in the online photos I've seen. He just rode from central PA to my place in Kansas City, and back home, about a month and a half ago in sub freezing weather, with that screen installed. Yeah, he's crazy...he owns a BMW R1100RS and a Kawi KLR650 but rode the Forza 2,000 miles round trip just because.

Anyway, I was pretty impressed with the AF screen, and I like that you can change the height on it to suit. You're not stuck with one setting like a fixed screen.

http://www.sporttour.com/products/3929- ... Forza-300/

'88 BMW R100RT
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I like the functionality and look ^^ of it. I wish Givi had an Airflow for our PCX's. Ah well, maybe someday.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:I like the functionality and look ^^ of it. I wish Givi had an Airflow for our PCX's. Ah well, maybe someday.
Why? We only peak at 60mph occasionally. Most of the wind comes from the rider...
JLP
Color: None more black

Post by JLP »

Hey Pat. We met a few times with my dad's C-Dory. He's Martin. I'm Joe. I have a PCX 150. We should scoot around some time. Joe.
Pat Anderson

Post by Pat Anderson »

Love to, Joe! Do you ever get up to Whatcom County? I don't get down to King County much, but I bet we could hook up some time in Snohomish County or Skagit County for some backroads rides! I really enjoyed going from Sumas to near the end of the road on the Mount Baker Highway!
JLP wrote:Hey Pat. We met a few times with my dad's C-Dory. He's Martin. I'm Joe. I have a PCX 150. We should scoot around some time. Joe.
Pat & Patty Anderson
Birch Bay, WA
JLP
Color: None more black

Post by JLP »

Pat Anderson wrote:Love to, Joe! Do you ever get up to Whatcom County? I don't get down to King County much, but I bet we could hook up some time in Snohomish County or Skagit County for some backroads rides! I really enjoyed going from Sumas to near the end of the road on the Mount Baker Highway!
JLP wrote:Hey Pat. We met a few times with my dad's C-Dory. He's Martin. I'm Joe. I have a PCX 150. We should scoot around some time. Joe.
Yeah, I'll figure out a way to connect. I'd love to try the big windshield or even the Forza..
Pat Anderson

Post by Pat Anderson »

Good deal, Joe.
Pat & Patty Anderson
Birch Bay, WA
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

We have the tall Givi on our two pcx 150s, but I look over it when we ride and I do get some buffeting around my helmet. It would be nice to have an extra piece that can adjust up just a little when we are running at full throttle. I doubt that Givi will ever make another type of windscreen for the pre-2014/2015 PCX, so adding anything will be up to us.
As things are right now, riding below 60 mph is what the pcx is meant for, so I doubt that I will be adding anything to the Givi windscreen. I can see the advantages for the Forza, as well as other larger bikes, of those adjustable windscreens. I believe that my Burgman had that option as well for a replacement windscreen, though I ended up purchasing the tall non adjustable one.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

you you wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:I like the functionality and look ^^ of it. I wish Givi had an Airflow for our PCX's. Ah well, maybe someday.
Why? We only peak at 60mph occasionally. Most of the wind comes from the rider...
True. I still have the stock screen on. I like it! No problems. I'm not being thrown around. My speeds are mainly 40-50ish so it works for me. What's odd? I've had the medium Givi screen lying about in the garage for awhile. Haven't even tried it out. I got it..."just so I'd have it, just in case" idea. Ya know for rocky, sloppy pebbly roads. Potholes are abundant here because of our awful winter, chunks of Tarmac get thrown at you by vehicle tires in front and at the sides of you. It is Then that I want to snap my fingers and have my other screen on. :) It is SO time for the town clean up and fill all the craters! I'm sadly thinking by late summer :roll: sigh

Anywho...I like that idea of sliding the airflow up or down as needed. I think it's genius! Now ya have it....now you don't! Kool Dude 8) :ugeek: I'm a fan of tchotchke's (yeah...go ahead, look that up :lol: )
C'mon Givi! "Make me an airflow that I can't resist!"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by kcpcx »

Mel46 wrote:
IMG_20140611_115254.jpg
You can see what the tall Givi looks like on the pcx by this picture of our bikes. Still, the tall windscreen works great and makes riding a lot more fun.
Two red PCXs in the same household is such a blatant sign of superior taste and intellect that I can't hardly stand it.
'88 BMW R100RT
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

...and we love them!!
We have matching helmets too for summer riding. For Fall and winter, we have different tastes. She has another red one but I prefer the bright yellow one. These scooters are sooo great for riding the back roads that we watch the weather report daily, hoping for good riding weather.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

kcpcx
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by kcpcx »

Speaking of helmet color, recently I was in my car and my dad was following me on his bike some distance back. Traffic was pretty heavy and we got separated a bit on the highway. He was wearing a new helmet he'd bought, in that hi vis yellow color.

I was amazed at how well he stood out from traffic with that helmet on. I see people on motorcycles all the time while driving, but man, that hi vis yellow sticks out like a sore thumb on the road.

I wear a while helmet now, but having seen him riding that day, my next helmet will be hi vis, fashion be damned. It may look kind of goofy, but there is no doubt in my mind it's far more visible to cagers than any other color.
'88 BMW R100RT
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

kcpcx wrote:
Mel46 wrote:
IMG_20140611_115254.jpg
You can see what the tall Givi looks like on the pcx by this picture of our bikes. Still, the tall windscreen works great and makes riding a lot more fun.
Two red PCXs in the same household is such a blatant sign of superior taste and intellect that I can't hardly stand it.

I agree :D