Seat Release with Flat Battery

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Seat Release with Flat Battery

Post by TheMaverick »

Hi Folks,

I accidentally left my 2014 PCX switched on without the engine running for several hours today - and totally flattened the battery.

On this occasion I was able to access the battery because the seat was already unlocked - but I was wondering how one could release the seat to access the battery if the battery was totally flat? (I'm assuming that the release is electric?)

Would greatly appreciate any input so I can be better prepared for the next time I do it.

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Colin
wei2go
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Seat Release with Flat Battery

Post by wei2go »

Mechanical release. No issues
Currently own a red pcx150 and a red NC750x DCT
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

I'm surprised this is even a concern, would make no sense to keep the owner from accessing the battery if it's dead, that would be piss poor design for any motorcycle/scooter/car.

Took my battery out for 2 months while my leg was broken, I've had no trouble sticking it back in while keeping it charged with a Battery Tender. In fact, your battery should still be salvageable with one, just hook it up and charge it up.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

wei2go wrote:Mechanical release. No issues
Many thanks - much appreciated.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Valiant wrote:I'm surprised this is even a concern, would make no sense to keep the owner from accessing the battery if it's dead, that would be piss poor design for any motorcycle/scooter/car.

Took my battery out for 2 months while my leg was broken, I've had no trouble sticking it back in while keeping it charged with a Battery Tender. In fact, your battery should still be salvageable with one, just hook it up and charge it up.
Thanks for your input.

It seems your instinct was right.

I have a lot of high-tech battery chargers & conditioners (hobby related) - so not a problem to charge them if I need to, but on this occasion I've just let the alternator do it's thing after charging if for 10 minutes.
Valiant
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015
Color: White

Post by Valiant »

So did this happen in your garage?

Because as I recall, you can't even pull the ignition key out without turning it off at least.