Workshop Manuals

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

jonah8208

Workshop Manuals

Post by jonah8208 »

Guys

The reason I joined is I am after workshop manual for the NSS300/A Forza, specifically I need to run a 12 volt switched power feed from the (running lights is best I guess although if there is an easier more accessible feed I am open to suggestions) to the gap between the screen and the dashboard for my Snooper radar / laser detector (essential here where over 35 per is a jailing offence). I could smack things with hammers and crowbars to take it apart but that seems excessive. The owners manual is a bit light on detail for stripping fairings, and bodywork so any pointers would be gratefully accepted. If nobody has anything then I guess I will do it the old fashioned way and maybe post a how to but thought I would ask first. Found a couple of likely links through search and google but turned out to be commercial / accessories sites.

Jonah
Yes I do have a Forza

TIA
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Workshop Manuals

Post by AustinPCX »

jonah8208

Post by jonah8208 »

Thanx very much Austin PCX
Will order one now - very useful site didn't know it existed was searching for Workshop Manuals in UK not Service Manuals - doh!

http://www.hondapcx.org/posting.php?mod ... =22&t=3173#
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Helm wanted $220 or so to post a US PCX 2015 manual to the UK! (I discussed this with them a few times but got no where) - meanwhile the UK 2015 125/150 shop manual is priced at £36 from UK dealers.
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014
Color: grey

Post by dergav »

Has anyone in UK sourced a works manual for the Forza 300? Local dealer does not think Honda have issued one as mechanics use on_line information direct from Honda..thanks..
Mister_Fube
Regular User
Regular User
Color: white

Post by Mister_Fube »

That link posted by AustinPCX _IS_ a Honda Forza 300 service manual. I was wondering if anyone knows of a UK supplier, though? The estimate on shipping and tax for that $30 manual to the UK is $25!!

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nss300a_forza_abs/2014/mrfube/330690]Image
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Mister_Fube wrote:That link posted by AustinPCX _IS_ a Honda Forza 300 service manual. I was wondering if anyone knows of a UK supplier, though? The estimate on shipping and tax for that $30 manual to the UK is $25!!
http://www.service-shop-repair-manual.c ... cx&x=0&y=0
Are these genuine? Not sure if other countries manuals have covers like that or they are fake ones.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

iceman wrote:
Mister_Fube wrote:That link posted by AustinPCX _IS_ a Honda Forza 300 service manual. I was wondering if anyone knows of a UK supplier, though? The estimate on shipping and tax for that $30 manual to the UK is $25!!
http://www.service-shop-repair-manual.c ... cx&x=0&y=0
Are these genuine? Not sure if other countries manuals have covers like that or they are fake ones.
My Forza sevice manual looks just like these. Very good printing and info...with drawings and pix.
Fish
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dergav »

Iceman
I dont think you have any chance of sourcing a works manual for the Forza in the UK...I tried everyplace..eventually a garage advised me that their mechanics are all on line now so even garages dont have paper works manuals.
So I bit the bullet and ordered one from the USA
Try mailing this guy
In USA...
manualwizard41@gmail.com
Cannot remember his companys name but he provided an excellent service and the manual is great..Of course its a USA one and not a UK / Euro one ...not a lot of difference I suppose but there are some differences......the USA Forzas have a hand brake ...(for example) He made a mistake on his quoted postage but gave me the deal offered.
Anyway worth trying him
good luck
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dergav »

Iceman
Just found the web page for the contact where I purchased my copy...as below..
So its the address you have...as i say..a great manual...so you are good to go with that.

http://www.service-shop-repair-manual.com/
Mister_Fube
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister_Fube »

dergav wrote:Iceman
Cannot remember his companys name but he provided an excellent service and the manual is great..Of course its a USA one and not a UK / Euro one ...not a lot of difference I suppose but there are some differences......the USA Forzas have a hand brake ...(for example) He made a mistake on his quoted postage but gave me the deal offered.
A "handbrake" ?!!? On a bike/scooter? I've never heard the like! For real?

Thanks for the advice though. I'm not sure I can afford to dig that deep for something I want for just one very specific job right now. I suppose it'll be a few years before Haynes do a workshop/service manual - if ever. There needs to be sufficient sales in the UK to make it worth their while.

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nss300a_forza_abs/2014/mrfube/330690]Image
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Thanks dergav - it was not me after the Forza manual
dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dergav »

Iceman..apologies..should have said Mister_fube..

Mister_fube....What is it you are looking for?..I could test my IT skills and copy relevant pages and email if that were to help....and yes the USA forza has a handbrake like the Silverwing has...
Mister_Fube
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister_Fube »

I was looking for a way to get access to the lights both front and back. On the back, I want to splice in the additional brake lights on my top box, and at the front, I want to install a HID upgrade kit to replace the current OEM bulbs. So far, my experience of fitting the taller screen and the top box rack is that there are a lot of panels on the Forza 300 which have a sort of press-and-bend, or "interference fit". These are fine, but I like to know where the lugs and tabs are before approaching a job like this, least I brake bits off by trying to force things too much.

Having said that, on Fish's recommendation in a different thread, I found BRed's strip down photos of his own Forza to be quite useful, but not quite enough to make me brave enough to have a go myself. I'm assuming that large areas of plastic have to be removed to get a clear shot of the gubbins I'm looking for.

dergav
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by dergav »

Mister_Fube...so which panels do you think you need to remove?
I have no knowledge as to what you need to do to access the lighting wiring...but for the front wiring/lights I would have thought removing the screen and the panel/meter visor below that would be enough? If so thats fairly simple and elsewhere on this site is access to info showing how to do that...Fish made an entry referring to a guy in the USA who had that on line. I used that when replacing my small screen with a large screen.Since then I have the manual..
Not sure about accessing the rear lighting wiring but appears like removal of all that is removed to access the fuel pump area?..ie the seat/luggage box and some panels.
as I say if I had your email address I could try my it skills and photo some pages showing panels removal and send on...if that would help?..let me know.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mister_Fube wrote:I was looking for a way to get access to the lights both front and back. On the back, I want to splice in the additional brake lights on my top box, and at the front, I want to install a HID upgrade kit to replace the current OEM bulbs. So far, my experience of fitting the taller screen and the top box rack is that there are a lot of panels on the Forza 300 which have a sort of press-and-bend, or "interference fit". These are fine, but I like to know where the lugs and tabs are before approaching a job like this, least I brake bits off by trying to force things too much.

Having said that, on Fish's recommendation in a different thread, I found BRed's strip down photos of his own Forza to be quite useful, but not quite enough to make me brave enough to have a go myself. I'm assuming that large areas of plastic have to be removed to get a clear shot of the gubbins I'm looking for.

It would be lovely to have the engineering masterpiece of interference fit but I suspect you are only going to have lug and eyes, self tappers and poppers on your scooters plastics
Mister_Fube
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister_Fube »

dergav wrote:Not sure about accessing the rear lighting wiring but appears like removal of all that is removed to access the fuel pump area?..ie the seat/luggage box and some panels.
as I say if I had your email address I could try my it skills and photo some pages showing panels removal and send on...if that would help?..let me know.
That would be very useful, yes thanks. How do you PM someone on here?

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

See the PM button at the bottom of each post? You must have the rights to do it.
Mister_Fube
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister_Fube »

I haven't had sufficient activity on this forum to qualify for that privilege yet. My dealer has wired in the supplemental brake lights on my Givi B47 topbox while the Forza was in for it's first (600m) service. They had to take the whole back off to implement the fuel pump recall anyway, so they did it then. So really, all I'm after now is some know-how as to get at the headlight cluster from behind, in order to fit my HID upgrade kit.

Sounds like taking off the windscreen, followed by that black panel that sits underneath the windscreen is the way to go. I'm going to ask my dealer, although that might sound a bit cheeky.

SECoda
Honda Forza 300 &
Honda Forza 300 &

Post by SECoda »

Be sure to read my post on removing the panel for the windshield because an important step was left out of the discussions and web sites that changed the windshields which I also did (I used a dentist type mirror to see how the tab was locked in the front from behind it. You have to release the black panel from the red panel or you might break he tab. The black one has a protrusion that pokes up through the red one and they need to be separated but not by brute force as suggested.