Givi AF1123 Installed this morning

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Givi AF1123 Installed this morning

Post by willajabir »

:oops: Thanks Explorer. The one thing I haven't tried that I think is important is the rain experience. I have a feeling that the rain will swirl around because of the added wind coming in from the side, but as you said, it is softer, quieter....like a gentle breeze.
My main concern about the speeding without realizing it, is that the Forza is RED and more noticeable by LEO.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/Y9JWhsg
Benggolf
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Benggolf »

willajabir wrote::oops: ..... My main concern about the speeding without realizing it, is that the Forza is RED and more noticeable by LEO.
Glad that we have both the Red as well as Grey color here in Canada.
Your are so right that RED is a police magnet! :o
roc54

Post by roc54 »

Greetings! I'm mostly a lurker here, as I've been considering a Forza.

I own a 2002 Silverwing. Shortly after I bought it about four years ago, I found out that the stock windshield was simply awful, with lots of helmet buffeting. I installed a Givi AirFlow on the bike several months later and have now had it on the bike for several years.

I am a total fan of the AirFlow, at least on my SWing. Buffeting has been completely eliminated. The windshield can be lowered for more ventilation during the warm parts of the year and raised for more protection during the winter and early spring. The weather here (Sacramento, CA area) gets quite warm in the summer...often 100oF or more for long periods of time...and pretty cool in the winter (32oF or lower). The AirFlow does very well in all these conditions.

Obviously, I can't say how well it might do on the Forza, but my guess is that it will work well.

Just wanted to throw in my tuppence ha'penny here...
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

Thanks Roc54, I think it would perform the same on most scoots. Swings are great too. We've had a couple and been coast to coast (USA) with them.
The AF is a great performer for me, but personally I don't like the look. It is easy to switch and I now have 3 shields (Stock, Honda tall, and the AF).
Larry

drol343
Year: Forza 2014 ABS
Color: Forza Red

Post by drol343 »

willajabir,

You said..."The AF is a great performer for me, but personally I don't like the look. It is easy to switch and I now have 3 shields (Stock, Honda tall, and the AF)."

I am thinking about getting a taller windscreen, and I, like you, have some concern about the look of the Givi AF on my Forza. I feel that the Givi D1123ST may be too high to see over. When I sat on a Forza with a taller Honda windscreen it was just the right height (according to the Honda Rep) as my eyes were right above the top of the windscreen. Since you have good varied experience with windscreens is the taller Honda windscreen a good choice... considering looks and performance?

Thanks for any assistance you can give me. I am brand new riding as of August 1, 2014.

PS... I tried to Respond to your comment; but the system would not let me.

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Not keen on the bottygrapes cushion
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

drol343, The tall honda screen still gave me a little buffeting but being an old man, it was still better than the stock screen.
To many of us, the tall screen is worth the upgrade. Windscreens are still a very personal choice.
I put the tall screen for sell in the for sale section.
I love the performance of the Givi AF but the looks of the tall screen. With the Silverwing, I toured coast to coast with the standard screen which is like the tall screen for the Forza.

I think you must have 10 active posts before you can us PMs.
Larry

Urbanfreestyle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (UK)
Color: Black

Post by Urbanfreestyle »

See i would love to get a bigger screen to help with the buffeting and get a slightly higher top speed but i just think they look silly.
Honda PCX 125 ESP (Black)
Power:11.7 hp @8500 rpm, Torque:12Nm @5000rpm
Mods: LED sidelights, Yoshimura Exhaust

DEAD: 2013 Piaggio Typhoon 4 stroke 125cc (Black)
Power:9.65 HP @8500 rpm, Torque:8.2Nm @7500 rpm
Mods: Malossi Red foam filter, Hex LED Sidelights, Xenon headlights, USB charging port