2014 PCX - put a deposit down!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Re: 2014 PCX - put a deposit down!

Post by iceman »

Thanks both of you! I've followed threads on here about changing the shocks, just surprised they are the way they are compared to the much older '2008 108cc Lead which rode smoothly and I never even noticed any bumps (this is normal road stuff not speed-humps!). The mirrors were larger and I had no issue seeing clearly behind.

There was a small horizonal nick along one side of the seats covering (nothing major and low down). I may change the seat in due course as it seem to be where Honda cut corners - feels cheap with un-even stitching. One of those purchased by a member on this forum (black with red piping) looked the business - but I'll need a 2014 version :)
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Road to work this evening but taking it easy during the run-in period - mpg meter (UK measure) showed 133-135mpg! (not sure how accurate that is but I'm doing up to 30mph with occasional 40 stints if the road allows it (built up area, London). Here's some pics I took at the nearby RAF museum (not my place of work!). Tax disc and other docs in the post - in case someone notices the tax disc missing :D (14 days allowed on new register vehicle).
Attachments
P1070691n.jpg
P1070691n.jpg (673.86 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
P1070680n.jpg
P1070680n.jpg (786.58 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
P1070671n.jpg
P1070671n.jpg (948.94 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
P1070668n.jpg
P1070668n.jpg (851.14 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
P1070665n.jpg
P1070665n.jpg (815.68 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
Ton1984

Post by Ton1984 »

nice one !!! I'm still waiting for my one from honda chiswick :(
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

skuuter wrote:
.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The "early PCX 125s" weren't built very well for even holding up just the Scooter alone.....the " later PCX 125s and 150s" will hold up the Scooter.....due to the overall design, I would still be afraid to sit on it much, and didn't. I've owned a lot of Motorcycles and Scooters that I've sat on with no issues, including Honda Silver Wings and my present Forza 300.....I sat on the Forza last Sunday while eating Lunch. It's design is plenty massive enough for this, and mounts really rearward, leaving a lot/most of the Scooter weight still being supported by the Front Wheel and Fork..... ;) 8)
The Silverwing skuts did get a recall on their center stands because of weakness of the mounting bolts. It was so bad, the Honda issued a do not let customer have the vehicle with the stand until repaired order. Not positive, but I think the recall was in 2007. Several were in the shop being held. We asked them why not remove the stands and let us ride. After consulting with Honda, ours (2) were removed and we were allowed to go.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

so nice.. mine used to look like that too.. :-((
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Saurabhdutt wrote:so nice.. mine used to look like that too.. :-((
Hope you get some good news soon! One thing I need to adjust, and it looks easy, is the angle of the brake levers (mount) as I would prefer them to be horizonal with the grips and mine are angled about 20deg's down.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Well, several days on and all seems good, despite a small 'rattle' when riding. At first I wasn't sure what it was or where it's coming from but it seems to be the rear 'L' plate knocking on the black plastic fender. I'll stick some rubber patches on it and see if the 'rattle' goes.

The dealer put in half a tank of fuel and 80 miles on the indicator has moved just down from half full. I know it's going to fall faster now but seems to be honoring the economical spec of the PCX - indicator still showing 130pmg+ even though I do 20, 30, 40 in mixed traffic (not pushing it above 40 yet).
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

iceman wrote:Well, several days on and all seems good, despite a small 'rattle' when riding. At first I wasn't sure what it was or where it's coming from but it seems to be the rear 'L' plate knocking on the black plastic fender. I'll stick some rubber patches on it and see if the 'rattle' goes.

The dealer put in half a tank of fuel and 80 miles on the indicator has moved just down from half full. I know it's going to fall faster now but seems to be honoring the economical spec of the PCX - indicator still showing 130pmg+ even though I do 20, 30, 40 in mixed traffic (not pushing it above 40 yet).
That sounds good..

I have picked up the brand new PCX125 and so far all seems well.

Cheers
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

First time driving home in the rain (not too bad, but scooter got a bit wet) and noticed a burning smell. Wasn't sure it was my bike or other vehicles but noticed it several times on the way home. Smells like burning rubber. It seemed to come from the exhaust area but could be in another place. I'll see what it's like tomorrow on my way to work. Strange - been riding it for ten days, first time I noticed a burning smell when it's raining.
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

iceman wrote:First time driving home in the rain (not too bad, but scooter got a bit wet) and noticed a burning smell. Wasn't sure it was my bike or other vehicles but noticed it several times on the way home. Smells like burning rubber. It seemed to come from the exhaust area but could be in another place. I'll see what it's like tomorrow on my way to work. Strange - been riding it for ten days, first time I noticed a burning smell when it's raining.

Thats bit strange as I havent had any such smell and and I have been scooting around in rain. You do get bit of heat and smell from the silencer as its hot and water is hitting however you never get get it while you are riding. Rubber smell doesn't ring any bell though.
ewing65

Post by ewing65 »

Congrats on the new bike.
I just paid my deposit on the 2014 Version. Not even on show at the dealer but they had White, Black, Grey and Red in the back so i went for the Red.
Going on a post i seen here i thought it came with an Alarm but no its an optional accessory ordered this and a top box.
My only drawback is it will be 20th of may because the dealer is so busy with orders and also the North West 200 is on next week (Northern Ireland), I think it will be a long 12 days.
ewing65

Post by ewing65 »

Saurabhdutt wrote:
iceman wrote:First time driving home in the rain (not too bad, but scooter got a bit wet) and noticed a burning smell. Wasn't sure it was my bike or other vehicles but noticed it several times on the way home. Smells like burning rubber. It seemed to come from the exhaust area but could be in another place. I'll see what it's like tomorrow on my way to work. Strange - been riding it for ten days, first time I noticed a burning smell when it's raining.

Thats bit strange as I havent had any such smell and and I have been scooting around in rain. You do get bit of heat and smell from the silencer as its hot and water is hitting however you never get get it while you are riding. Rubber smell doesn't ring any bell though.

I had this with my last PCX125, Burning smell of rubber but it was only after a long run, there was never any smoke or sign that something was burning.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

ewing65 wrote:
Saurabhdutt wrote:
I had this with my last PCX125, Burning smell of rubber but it was only after a long run, there was never any smoke or sign that something was burning.
Hmm, wonder if it will re-occur, not usual to get something burning for no reason and I was not going fast, in fact traffic was slower than usual and not much opportunity to filter in places. Hope it's not wiring getting hot or a major problem - will see.
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

ewing65 wrote:
Saurabhdutt wrote:
iceman wrote:I had this with my last PCX125, Burning smell of rubber but it was only after a long run, there was never any smoke or sign that something was burning.
Hmm, wonder if it will re-occur, not usual to get something burning for no reason and I was not going fast, in fact traffic was slower than usual and not much opportunity to filter in places. Hope it's not wiring getting hot or a major problem - will see.
Could the smell be the belt?
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Never noticed it to and from work today - but was quite bad yesterday most of the 2nd half of the journey home. Wonder what it was. Any reason why it could be the belt? The only difference yesterday to every other day was rain (doubt that made any difference) and held up in traffic more so than usual.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Just cancelled the 1st service I had booked as I've done less miles than expected - re-scheduled for a few weeks time that will add a couple 100 miles to it.

For about the 1st month I always had a slight rattle when idling, which was annoying and seemed to come from the front somewhere. The past 2 weeks that's gone away. Bike rides fine and all items seem firmly attached and not loose. Bike starts perfectly even after three weeks storage (as expected), and although I'm pushing it harder now that I've got used to it, it still seems great on fuel - 130+ on average. I'm not sure if they will check the valves 1st or subsequent services, but it if starts 1st time, has superb mpg, then I guess the valves are fine. Not sure about them being too tight and you will not know until too late, but I would imagine fuel economy is a good tell sign.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

I guess if it ain't broken, don't fix it. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

So true! Just did my 2nd fill-up, soon after the single bar came on so still quite a bit left. 222miles since last fill up. 1.63imp gal in to just over the bar, about 135mpg. Loving the pcx :)
Tribpreper
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Tribpreper »

What a beautiful bike! I'll bet England is beautiful to ride in and have a lifelong dream to do so one day. You sure are blessed.