2014 PCX - put a deposit down!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

2014 PCX - put a deposit down!

Post by iceman »

Paid the deposit, collect sometime next week. They had a black on show and a white in the back - but choose the white one. Just need to sort insurance and collect either mid week next week or if I cannot get a half-days leave, Saturday.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: 2014 PCX - put a deposit down!

Post by WhiteNoise »

Now that "IS" Happy News!! "Try" to be patient a few more days, then it's yours....All Yours!!
Attachments
Because I'm Happy!
Because I'm Happy!
image.jpg (4.58 KiB) Viewed 2254 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Congrats! :)
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BrAtKo »

Hi congrats I'm already awaiting almost 3 weeks and some more until may I have to wait to mine pcx 150. But I'm riding on current Vision 110.
I've already sold my PCX and swapped to NC750S DCT
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

BrAtKo wrote:Hi congrats I'm already awaiting almost 3 weeks and some more until may I have to wait to mine pcx 150. But I'm riding on current Vision 110.
Initially I was going to get a Vision 110 (commuting) then a SH125, but went for a new PCX :)
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

iceman wrote:Paid the deposit, collect sometime next week. They had a black on show and a white in the back - but choose the white one. Just need to sort insurance and collect either mid week next week or if I cannot get a half-days leave, Saturday.

Hey congrats mate. Which dealer did you choose finally?

Saurabh
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Saurabhdutt wrote:
iceman wrote:Paid the deposit, collect sometime next week. They had a black on show and a white in the back - but choose the white one. Just need to sort insurance and collect either mid week next week or if I cannot get a half-days leave, Saturday.
Hey congrats mate. Which dealer did you choose finally?
Saurabh
Hi Saurabh - http://www.hgbmotorcycles.co.uk/, easy for me to get there by bus as it's almost door to door and not much to choose between London dealers as none would budge on price anyway.
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

I have been there, I bought my Kawasaki from across the road, daytona. They are good. I know London dealers wouldn't budge on price.

All the best mate and do share pictures.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Still can't get time off work (last years leave owing and all that!) so probably have to wait till Saturday to collect. It seems my white one was still crated when I paid the deposit as they had only put one of them on show, the black one. I'll only have use of it for about four weeks then have to store it for almost 3 weeks as I am out of the country. I'll probably store it in my companies underground car-park so it should be safe (24hr/365 security to gain access to the site and I'll put a disc lock and grip lock on it just to be sure).

I wonder what stand is best to use for longer periods - holidays and winter come to think of it - side or center stand? Is the center stand more stable and better to use?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Long term Yes, stable yes, but don't sit on it whilst the center stand is down ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The newer PCX is OK to sit on while on its center stand because they redesigned it. Not so on the first version of the 125, and possibly the second version. Also, I think I read somewhere that the new ones come with some kind of alarm. When we purchased my wife's PCX 150 it was in the box also. It took them 4 hours to put it together and test it. We went to lunch and did some shopping. When we got back, it was ready to go. Then it was back in the shop in a week for its 600 mile service. It is really fun to ride it, aside from the cold wind in the fall and winter. It was very easy to put 600 miles on it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:The newer PCX is OK to sit on while on its center stand because they redesigned it. Not so on the first version of the 125, and possibly the second version. Also, I think I read somewhere that the new ones come with some kind of alarm. When we purchased my wife's PCX 150 it was in the box also. It took them 4 hours to put it together and test it. We went to lunch and did some shopping. When we got back, it was ready to go. Then it was back in the shop in a week for its 600 mile service. It is really fun to ride it, aside from the cold wind in the fall and winter. It was very easy to put 600 miles on it.

I think the second version, the esp model, has the same engine casing and stands as the facelift model doesn't it?
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Thanks for the advice - guess I'll stick to the center stand for longer storage and side stand for day to day parking at home and work. I believe the alarm/immobiliser(?) is only fitted to models sold in some other countries, sadly not the UK versions. You can buy the Honda alarm, but it does not come with - if I bought one I'd get a Meta alarm/tracker. My 2014 model only comes with smart water and datatag (markings not tracker)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Mel46 wrote:The newer PCX is OK to sit on while on its center stand
No it isn't.
The stand is designed to support the scooter not the scooter plus rider.
You should never sit on any bike while its on the centre stand.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^^ totally agree. Center stand should be used to support the bike, not the bike plus you. Think about it. Use yourself as the CS....are ya liking all that added weight above? Was it designed to hold You too?
Nah, just don't do it
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
No it isn't.

Not any bike in the whole world?

Will they all snap instantly?

It all sound so totally terrifying

Or something.
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

you you wrote:
gn2 wrote:
No it isn't.

Not any bike in the whole world?

Will they all snap instantly?

It all sound so totally terrifying

Or something.

.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The "early PCX 125s" weren't built very well for even holding up just the Scooter alone.....the " later PCX 125s and 150s" will hold up the Scooter.....due to the overall design, I would still be afraid to sit on it much, and didn't. I've owned a lot of Motorcycles and Scooters that I've sat on with no issues, including Honda Silver Wings and my present Forza 300.....I sat on the Forza last Sunday while eating Lunch. It's design is plenty massive enough for this, and mounts really rearward, leaving a lot/most of the Scooter weight still being supported by the Front Wheel and Fork..... ;) 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

PCX collected and rode home with a little extra trip added on for good measure - about 14 miles done. Sadly my large Box helmet will not fit under the seat - the plastic hangs down too far under the seat area pressing on the top of the helmet.

Compared to the Honda Lead I took my CBT on, the suspension seems to bring out almost every bump in the road (is this why people change the stock suspension?) and I could do with the mirrors being larger and sticking out more as they are quite small and some of the vision was obscured (!'m normal build with a large motorcycle jacket). The small or rather short mirrors is really my only bug-bear as it felt a little unsafe not being able to see as much of the rear road and traffic as I would like.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thrilled for you! ;) Nothing like a New Bike & a Big Wide Smile! :D
Asking: Do you do a "quick" head check when changing lanes? You should, if not. If you want bigger mirrors they are out there, if you want extensions, they too are out there. Members have them here, they'll probably pop in and share. I had the very same impression about the shocks when I first rode mine. "God, I feel everything bump" (esp. my back). I don't find it so bad now, as I learned to avoid those ouchy things (besides, swerving is fun! :D
Maybe one day I'll get me a pair of shocks like some of "the gang" here...they give them a high five :D ;)
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

iceman wrote:PCX collected and rode home with a little extra trip added on for good measure - about 14 miles done.
Happy for you mate. At least some one is happy with the bike.

Enjoy and have a safe ride.

Do share some pics mate.