[Product Review] French Designed TPMS

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

vnpython

[Product Review] French Designed TPMS

Post by vnpython »

Always wanted a TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) for my PCX. Searched around for sometime and discovered most TPMS are china-made and is expensive.

Came across this nice little device that do the same job for much less and is effective - until it shows what it does actually!

Basically, it replace your normal black plastic cap of your tire valve and monitors tire pressure against a 'reference pressure' chamber 'registered' when you first mount on the tire valve.

As soon as your tire pressure loses 4psi, the device will flashes 'red' light on it's LED casing to inform you that your tire pressure needs to inflate back to recommended tire pressure.

I didnt trust the device initially and due to it's cheap price tag (USD 29.50), So I bought with an attitude to try.

Easy installation and within 5mins, including inflate my tires up to recommended tire pressure, tested each device before actual mounting on tire valve (comes with a test tool) and leave it there.

The device has an anti-theft design and needs a 'key' to mount and dismount onto the tire valve.

Strangely this device alters my habit every time before and after my ride - habit to see if the device flashes light!

Never I feel the need to perform the visual check on my tire before this device. In the past, I only put in air when my tire look under-inflated.

After about 2 weeks, the device really flashes 'red' light and checked the affected rear tire and discovered a nail that causes small leak. It was easy to spot due to evening time. So I know I need to resolve the nail issue first thing in the morning.

The next day, I try to spot the flashing with day light, still manage to spot it even standing around 12m away.

After the 'nail' incident, patched up the tire and put the device on again. Do not know how long, the flashes 'returned' again and not due to nail. Just normal loss of pressure under normal condition. So, does the usual - pump up the pressure and put the device back on.

After 3 months of usage, do find the handling of vehicle is better, mainly due to proper maintaining of good tire pressure.

The label says it helps increase tire mileage up to 25% and decrease fuel consumption up to 6% but I yet to see any result yet so far.

Read many sites that also state the same if you maintain good tire pressure. Well, I think this is a long shot and see if really helps overall.

At least, this little device do what it says - helps you to monitor your tire pressure without getting your hand dirty traditionally with a tire pressure gauge.

I got mine from this site http://tinyurl.com/tpms4you

Hope my review is helpful.
My VN Bike Thread http://www.clubpcx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1590

Mitch Detailed
Regular User
Regular User

Re: [Product Review] French Designed TPMS

Post by Mitch Detailed »

Sounds like a scheme to the max..
vnpython

Post by vnpython »

http://www.clubpcx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1590

maybe i did not make it clear of my post before i do this review of the above. formerly from clubpcx and if i created any wrong impression, my apologies to mitch :(
My VN Bike Thread http://www.clubpcx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1590

bountybuddy
Regular User
Regular User

Post by bountybuddy »

This looks like a wonderful idea and so simple to use. Thank you my friend. Ride safe.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

I'd be worried it would go off whilst the bike is left 'locked' or 'chained' in a public place and thus draw attention to the bike.