PCX150 Power Curve

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

chainsaw
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 150esp
Color: white/carbon

Re: PCX150 Power Curve

Post by chainsaw »

waspmike wrote:the Internet is woefully missing any pictures of PCX racing. Unless of course all the racing is at night on unused roads in which case it is drag racing.
here you go! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUBeQbr4kv4
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Post by waspmike »

chainsaw wrote:
waspmike wrote:the Internet is woefully missing any pictures of PCX racing. Unless of course all the racing is at night on unused roads in which case it is drag racing.
Yes I found another Mad Max video before I posted my comment. Kinda the exception that proves the rule?
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

"camshafts are designed in conjunction with our racing efforts, and in turn the design gets passed down to our customers for the best power gains"

This is also from yuminashi's website so that explains one of them. Can you link he website where the specs were stated? If anything we can have fun using google translate.
chainsaw
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 150esp
Color: white/carbon

Post by chainsaw »

waspmike wrote:
chainsaw wrote:
Yes I found another Mad Max video before I posted my comment. Kinda the exception that proves the rule?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCILRYtFlz8 this is kinda sorta like racing
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

waspmike wrote:
Mgalutia88 wrote:Okay I understand that part I'm familiar to cam duration and lift and lift at .050 specs are different also. But what are you saying? The 280 duration is the takegawa spec and the 330 duration is the yuminashi spec?
No I'm not saying either. My numbers come from a site or company that offers two different camshafts for a 150i PCX. They are simply different grinds

Why limit ourselves to two. It's like Monty Python. How many sexes are there? Two. Its not enough we need more.

Either of the two will show you a flashy picture with statements like.

"It feels like 150cc+ and I achieve same acceleration of stock Pcx with only 1/4 throttle"

or "camshafts are designed in conjunction with our racing efforts, and in turn the design gets passed down to our customers for the best power gains"

The second one is interesting as the Internet is woefully missing any pictures of PCX racing. Unless of course all the racing is at night on unused roads in which case it is drag racing.

It doesn't hurt to publish cam specs as no one is going to rush out and produce cams with one or two degrees difference.

Just buy a camshaft and tune your variator to it. Or not...In any level of motorsport engines will have different cams and be tuned accordingly. One wins one day, another another day there is no absolute.

I'm starting to sound like GN2 here but it is not intentional
Best not to piss on their parade. Shooting, fish and barrels.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

That's right You You fish and barrels not fish in barrels, that would be too easy...
All I can say is this snow is giving me wrenching time and no testing time.