New bloke. Hello!!

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Re: New bloke. Hello!!

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Mel46 wrote:I just came across this. Thought it might interest some of you.
http://libertycyclecenter.blogspot.com/ ... uzuki.html
I have also found 2 websites that are already taking orders for them. List price is $4999.
Hey Mel . . .

http://www.motorscooterguide.net/Suzuki ... n-200.html

I'd say that ^ review is a fair appraisal too.

:)
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

As promised . . . UPDATE/FIRST IMPRESSIONS . . .

After my 30km ride home I have to say I'm VERY impressed. By the time the bike had reached operating temperature (5 mins) I was moving it around like a 125 - it really IS that manouvreable. :)

In fact, I'm so impressed at how well it took the twists and turns that my PCX (125) may get less use (although, I DO think the PCX is a gorgeous little scoot.)

The Burgman 200 fits me perfectly, but I can see 6 foot plus'ers feeling a bit cramped in the seat. My inside seam is only 29"/30" - I'm not a big bloke by any means - so you bigger guys will need to check this out for sure.

I can see it being a real hit with lady riders to be honest - no issues with getting my feet down at stops.

As to the ride - it picks up really nicely and pulls away from the lights or roundabouts really smoothly - the power just rolls in.

The deceleration/engine braking was different to what I expected as the scoot carried on happily rolling despite shutting the throttle off - not a problem, just something I had to adjust for - although I did have to squeeze the brakes the first couple of times. Once I'd figured it, it was fine. Both the PCX (and the Honda Forza I tested) start to slow (engine braking) as the throttle is rolled off - The Burger 200 less so. I also noticed I was taking the 'country lane' bends a bit quicker than on my PCX - which surprised me as I really thought the smaller bike would be quicker through the bends - the Burger 200 just feels more stable to me.

Talking of brakes - my bike is effectively a 2013 French model with 'combined' brakes - but not ABS. I pretty much only had to use the back brake and the bike pulled up nice and smoothly with no dramas - same with pulling both (testing a quick stop) - no drama.

Hills: I only weigh 12 stone (170lbs) - so it's difficult for me to 'guess' how it might behave with a big heavy fellah on it - but it just pulled me along/up with no real noticeable difference to the flat. I have to ride through the Monts D'Ambazac (Google them) to get back from the dealership and the road through is windy with some long hills - the bike behaved very well - no effort at all as far as I could discern. Obviously I had to give it more throttle than on the flat but it just kept pulling, no issues.

Top Speed: I found the flattest, straightest bit of road I could - and gave it full throttle - it made (indicated) 115km/h before I ran out of road - I'm guessing it will top out around 120km/h given enough road (like a motorway/freeway) - I'll get back to you on this when I get chance to test properly.

So, given that it was only 30km/20 miles (it really needs a longer run/test) I'm very pleased - it handles like a smaller scooter but feels more 'planted' than a 125 - pretty much exactly what I was after given my (lack of) size and the roads around where I live.

So far, so good. :D

Couple more pics . . .

Some big Burgers (a 400 and two 650s - all 'Executives') in the dealership and a matt black 125 Burger . . .

Apologies for the not very good (non-flash) 'phone pics.

PS: The screen was just nice (I'm short tho' remember.) Although it 'squeaks' going over bumps. :?
blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

Fizzy,

Thanks for the review.

Do you think the Burg 200 could cruise at 70mph (113kph) and get to 80mph (129kph) for short passing bursts?

Does it have enough mass to feel stable at highway speeds around big trucks?

Might be the perfect scoot for me if it could do the above.
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

blackcat54 wrote:Fizzy,

Thanks for the review.

Do you think the Burg 200 could cruise at 70mph (113kph) and get to 80mph (129kph) for short passing bursts?

I'm gonna try exactly this ^ tomorrow - I have somewhere to go tomorrow that involves using the Autoroute (Freeway/Motorway.)

I'll let you know. :)

(Assuming it's not chucking it down with rain.) ;)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Your reviews sound so much like my 400. I know we would love the 200. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a dealer here in the Atlanta area who allows test rides on scooters. Sooo....I have to depend on reviews to determine what I buy. When we bought the PCX 150 we were only allowed to sit on it. Tough making a decision based on just sitting on it. We ended up going home the first day and reading reviews before going back to purchase it. Bad way to sell scooters.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^^ so true Mel. Same here. I did research Way ahead of the game, listed myself with several dealers then waited for a dealer to call. One said he had a red and a white. Drove almost two hours away just to sit on both, pick my flavor, pay, leave and await home delivery 4-5 days later. Bugs me too, and I said so :| about No test rides! What up with that! I'm Not sorry about my purchase at all, but come on dealers! Really? Let's us turn the key'n'go a bit! You just might gain in sales too! WhaT-EveR :(
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

blackcat54 wrote:Fizzy,

Thanks for the review.

MOTORWAY/FREEWAY RUN (For anyone who's interested.)

I rode the baby Burger on the Autoroute today to see how it faired. About 15 miles (each way) was all (with a load of twisties at each end) . . .

The scoot was really happy at a steady 110km/h (on the speedo) at around 3/4 (or maybe 5/6) throttle . . . I could have cruised at 115km/h but I personally felt happier at 110.

I tried a few bits at full throttle and it reached just over 120km/h (on the speedo) allowing me to overtake reasonably easy. In fairness, at these speeds I wasn't staring intently at the speedo . . . but it WAS over 120km/h (123ish maybe?) - there was probably a *bit* more there, but I didn't really need it - I managed to overtake cleanly . . . no worries.

It felt planted/steady enough and wasn't bouncing around or anything, which I half expected it to. I was very pleasantly surprised.

In fact the only (very slightly) scary moment was when I was passed by a Mercedes Sprinter Van. I was doing 110km/h and he went by like I was stationary - he was really shifting . . . I got a bit of wind wobble/suction as he went by . . . but no real drama . . . like I say (type) - I was pleasantly surprised.

I don't have much experience of motorway riding to be honest, the worst bit for me was the entry/on ramps - cars just seem to pull straight on - either just in front of you or (rather scarily) right behind you - and then 'tailgate' until they can overtake -I spent a fair bit of time looking in my mirrors if I'm honest.

Again, the Burger suits me as I'll do very little motorway riding anyway, but it's nice to know I can should I need to - even if it's only for a few miles/junctions.

Hope this helps.
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Mel46 wrote:Your reviews sound so much like my 400. I know we would love the 200. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a dealer here in the Atlanta area who allows test rides on scooters. Sooo....I have to depend on reviews to determine what I buy. When we bought the PCX 150 we were only allowed to sit on it. Tough making a decision based on just sitting on it. We ended up going home the first day and reading reviews before going back to purchase it. Bad way to sell scooters.
Hi Mel,

Yeah, that sucks not being able to test-ride. :(

If/when you go to a dealer to 'sit' - please take note of my comments about the seat fitting me/my 29" inside leg. I'm guessing your wife will love it, but if you're tall (or long-legged) you may feel a bit cramped dude. :)
wingz
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Dark Silver

Post by wingz »

I've recently done a road trip 600km there and 600km back.
I was amazed at the stability of the PCX150. I found myself deliberately passing oncoming trucks at 110km/h (speedo) a bit closer each time to see if I could feel the suction that I usually feel when in my car. But nothing. The scoot was rock solid.
I did experience up and down movement on the uneven roads but not "bouncing" as such... the scoot basically followed the road surface.
I think the gyro effect has a far greater impact on stability than the mass of the motorcycle. And once you get over 100km/h, the gyro effect is powerful (it is proportional the speed²).
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

We have taken our PCX 150 on the freeways and it holds pretty well but does try to lift the front wheel when a semi truck passe us. That is the scary part of the ride. We try not to get out on the freeway often. By the way, our speedometer is off as compared to the GPS, so I am guessing that the Burgman 200 speedometer is also off. I would be I terested in how far off it is. We would like to get a true 70 - 75 mph out of it. The 150 is maxed out at a true 67. Therefore we will either change the variator on it or purchase a B200 when they come out. The choice will be my wife's.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
hellboy7

Post by hellboy7 »

Mel46 wrote:We have taken our PCX 150 on the freeways and it holds pretty well but does try to lift the front wheel when a semi truck passe us. That is the scary part of the ride. We try not to get out on the freeway often. By the way, our speedometer is off as compared to the GPS, so I am guessing that the Burgman 200 speedometer is also off. I would be I terested in how far off it is. We would like to get a true 70 - 75 mph out of it. The 150 is maxed out at a true 67. Therefore we will either change the variator on it or purchase a B200 when they come out. The choice will be my wife's.
I wouldn't really want to ride on the freeway next to cars in general on that thing. It's a pretty damn rare sight when you do see it though.