Make ride more comfortable

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Make ride more comfortable

Post by logepoge1 »

I am a little over 6' tall, probably between 6'1" and 6'3". How can I make my ride more comfortable? If I can't I will probably upgrade to a motorcycle within a year, but I would prefer to just keep the scooter
ImageImage
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: Make ride more comfortable

Post by kramnala58 »

You might consider looking online at sites like powerbypcx and get an alternative seat. I am just over 6' tall and I am comfortable in my custom seat.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Okay I will look into doing just that. How much do these custom seats cost + shipping to the States?
ImageImage
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

logepoge1 wrote:Okay I will look into doing just that. How much do these custom seats cost + shipping to the States?
I am hearing that it is somewhere in the range of $100-$200

I have the benefit of living in Bangkok where I can get accessories that are fairly inexpensive. I got my seat from the place that makes them for many of the other vendors. Their shop is in Bangkok and it cost me the equivalent of about $45. Here is a link to their shop. If you look at it on a browser like Chrome, then there will be a translate button at the top of the page so that you can read most of it in English.

http://www.noiwatdan.com/
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Yeah I have to translate powerbypcx from French to English anyways when I visit the site. That is fairly expensive though for a college student. I may get the seat redone by someone locally like others have done. I have a question though. Do I have to worry much about the leather seat being messed up in the weather? It gets really hot here in Louisiana(South US) and really cold in the winter, as well as our hurricane season we are currently in. I have a cover but really only plan on using it when it rains.
ImageImage
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

For a utility vehicle like the PCX, you don't want a leather covered seat.
You should be able to remove the hump and the plastic mounts add some bracing and foam and recover it yourself, its not too difficult.
There's plenty info on here about it.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

what material is our seat made of?
ImageImage
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The cover is PVC, the upholstery is closed cell foam and the base is plastic.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

logepoge1 wrote:Yeah I have to translate powerbypcx from French to English anyways when I visit the site. That is fairly expensive though for a college student. I may get the seat redone by someone locally like others have done. I have a question though. Do I have to worry much about the leather seat being messed up in the weather? It gets really hot here in Louisiana(South US) and really cold in the winter, as well as our hurricane season we are currently in. I have a cover but really only plan on using it when it rains.
I think that if you get it redone by someone else, it will likely cost about the same. If you are up against it with a budget, then gn2's suggestion is probably the best.

As far as the material goes, mine is man made (vinyl?). I would agree that leather probably isn't the best.

As far as Louisiana being hot .... Bangkok is the hottest city in the world (other places have hotter temps, but they also get cooler.) I have been living here for about a year and a half and the coolest it has gotten is about 72F (22C), and that was the overnight low. It has been as high as 103F (40C). I know other places get hotter, but it never cools down here. I say that simply to point out that a man made material should be fine for your seat. To help keep the seat cooler, when I have to park in the direct sunlight, I will often wrap a towel around the seat.

As far as Louisiana being cold in the winter ... I used to live in Niagara Falls, NY and before that it was in the midwest of Canada where winter temps often went to -40F (-40C) and lower. :o o_O
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Okay its cold to us when we reach over 100 F in the summer and below 20 in the winter.
ImageImage
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I'm 6' 3.5". You can tilt handlebars fwd and take the seat off and take to marine or auto trimmer and get them to remove the hump and plastic mounts. There are plenty of threads and pics here as lots of us did it. Search for seat hump or humpectomy. Cost me $100 for my seat to be redone as around a 1 hour job for the trimmer.